BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Promotions

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're talking about the other Preason friendly in 2003 in which Yorke played.

In that game in 99 the team was Flowers (sub Williams), McNamee, Taylor, Brown, Richardson, Gillespie, Scates (sub Fitzpatrick), O'Brien, Corbett, Hamilton, Thomas (sub McAvoy).

Jimmy Corbett...£500,000 we paid for him!!

Yep, I realised and deleted my post... lol

Heard a rumour today that Blackpool could be looking to ground share for at least part of next season ... the two potential candidate grounds being 'The Breezblock' and Ewood!

I wondered about that possibility as well - the Council leader was on 5 live stating that work to build the missing stand was to start immediately and that planning permission would not be a problem. I am no civil engineer but to build a stand must take months surely? Ground capacity was quoted as 12,500.

Heard a rumour today that Blackpool could be looking to ground share for at least part of next season ... the two potential candidate grounds being 'The Breezblock' and Ewood!

I wondered whether they would do that to be honest, as their 4th stand couldn't possibly be ready for August and there are doubts about the current 'temporary' stand. Wouldn't mind if they shared Ewood, i presume Deepdale is a no-no.

I don't think I'd be too bothered, so long as they've moved back to Blackpool by the time we play them away!

Would more than likely be cheaper to watch Rovers at Ewood, than to watch Blackpool though. I wonder if we'd all get first dibs on our seats if we wanted them?! :D

I don't think I'd be too bothered, so long as they've moved back to Blackpool by the time we play them away!

Would more than likely be cheaper to watch Rovers at Ewood, than to watch Blackpool though. I wonder if we'd all get first dibs on our seats if we wanted them?! :D

Why lol, it would be good to have an 'away' game at Ewood with 7,000 in the Darwen End! Very strange thought though!

Well, that`s 20th spot sorted out already. Rovers just have to avoid 18th & 19th positions in the league & we`ll be ok :tu:

Congratulations to the donkey-lashers! :rover:

Bumley must be running out of Lancashire clubs they can claim to be better than now :lol: only nobend, stanley, Morecambe & the gtr manchester clubs (dale, oldham & bury) to compete with.

More money in the rovers coffers verses more wear on the pitch.

Tricky one

Aren't thoose both positives. :unsure:

Delighted for Blackpool, amazing that they've managed to reach the Premier League with the resources available to them.

I wondered about that possibility as well - the Council leader was on 5 live stating that work to build the missing stand was to start immediately and that planning permission would not be a problem. I am no civil engineer but to build a stand must take months surely? Ground capacity was quoted as 12,500.

I am and it totally depends really. One would assume the design would be pretty simple as its just a space frame (assumption). It would depend on how much money they wanted to throw at it.

Mike Parry was suggesting that on Talksh**e on Friday!

Surely that is enough of a reason to disregard this nonsense instantly.

With a current capacity of around 10,000, tickets will be in short supply.

13k.

Another reason to make sure you get your season tickets and attend a few other away games 1st too!!

What is the minimum they can give us? Is it 15%?

More money in the rovers coffers verses more wear on the pitch.

Tricky one

The worse our pitch is the better it will be for us.

We don't use it much anyway (well not for kicking the ball on).

The away allocation at the back end of last season at Bloomfield Road was 1600 housed in the new stand I vaguely recall! No idea obviously what the plan is for next season, but I dont think it can be lowered much (if any!)

Archived