BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Promotions

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget though, whilst the new stand is being built the temporary structure will have to be removed... meaning the current 12,500 will be reduced by nearly 2,000. after segrgation it will hold 10,000.

Away allocation is 10% of the ground capacity or 3,000 whichever is lower, so expect a 1k allocation.

Heard a rumour today that Blackpool could be looking to ground share for at least part of next season ... the two potential candidate grounds being 'The Breezblock' and Ewood!

Breezeblock has direct rail and motorway links to Blackpool, including its own railway station and motorway junction. It's also about 8 miles from Bolton itself, so good for security.

I can't see Blackpool having any problems with using Bloomfield Road. The Premier League should give them enough rope with a ground which currently holds 12,000.

Don't forget though, whilst the new stand is being built the temporary structure will have to be removed... meaning the current 12,500 will be reduced by nearly 2,000. after segrgation it will hold 10,000.

Away allocation is 10% of the ground capacity or 3,000 whichever is lower, so expect a 1k allocation.

Cant see them building that stand this season - they will want to maximise income in the top league for sure.

I read on a site yesterday that away fans get the 'Billy Jean' stand (singing in the rain - as it has no roof), and that it holds 1900 I think it said.

Cant see them building that stand this season - they will want to maximise income in the top league for sure.

I read on a site yesterday that away fans get the 'Billy Jean' stand (singing in the rain - as it has no roof), and that it holds 1900 I think it said.

That would be the 'Gene Kelly' Stand.

No connection with a retired female American tennis player or the subject of a Michael Jackson song.

Apparently they will be announcing something within 48hrs following meetings with the PL and local authority.

Big debate on a Blackpool forum as to whether they will groundshare for part of the season to allow for a larger increase than expected, play at Bloomfield with a reduced capacity or play their first few games as away games.

Taken from a blackpool website (which says it comes from the telewag - not sure if thats a local version or what?!)

Premier League officials spent Tuesday inspecting facilities at Bloomfield Road after Blackpool won promotion from the Championship on Saturday and the Lancashire outfit have been told that they must upgrade media and medical facilities ahead of the new season.

With the stadium's East Stand consisting of nothing more than temporary seating, Oyston has admitted that the club are determined to complete building work with the finances generated by promotion.

He has also admitted that Blackpool's facilities still fall short of Championship requirements, three seasons after the club won promotion to the second tier.

He said: "There were certain things we would have had to do, even if we'd been in the Championship next season.

"But we can do all that now and build a permanent new stand which will be fantastic for the club and the town."

Blackpool's restricted capacity will ensure that they will regularly be faced with crowds smaller than last season's lowest Premier League gate of 14,323 for Wigan's clash with Portsmouth in April.

But Oyston insists that, with the Premier League season due to kick-off on Aug 14, Blackpool simply do not have time to complete the necessary ground improvements that are planned to raise the capacity to a modest 16,000.

He said: "We'd like to build a permanent stand and have it completed by the end of the season.

"I've already had meetings with builders, architects and developers, but I don't think it's feasible to get a stand built before the start of the season.

"It's going to be a very challenging building project to implement in a living-working stadium. We will have a permanent/temporary mix, but building work will begin as soon as is realistically possible."

So it looks like 12,500 MAX this season....which will probably be reduced as the season goes on & they start building in the area they need to use. ST prices for Blackpool for adults starts at £360!!

why not do what others are doing and buy a couple of Blackpool Season Tickets and then sell them on to visiting fans on a match by match basis.....there is good £££'s to be made. B)

I hope that's not really happening.

Pity the north enders. They've seen all the lancs town teams make it to the top league and now little old Blackpool have made their mid term future secure, - while PNE are hanging onto their existence by a thread.

Warra shame :D

Can't imagine how Lawrenson feels. :)

Hemmings coming in with a bid for PNE.

Not to get too excited though, because he is offering 5p per share - for shares that cost £4 originally - and says this is just a rescue package.

Hemmings bid.

Hemmings is just trying to protect his own investment. If he was going to do an Uncle Jack, it would have been years ago. If I was a Nob Ender, I'd still be worried about the future, especially now the club's only worth around £164,000.

A comment from a Blackpool fan on AVFTT.COM on who they would most like to beat next season in the prem:

I know they've dropped off radar over the years but for me it will be Blackburn, for family reasons same as someone else above.

I guess we all see things differently, and for what it's worth my view of Rovers is that they were no different to us or any other lower tier Lancashire club of the 70-80's, then got their financial goal posts shifted, bought a title and have clung on since.

I've very little time for them because IMHO they were one of the ones (not the only ones obviously) who took the financial thing on another big level in the early 90's, and affected the whole of the game. Since their star faded and they're now run on a more sensible budget they'll never achieve again what they did in their title year, but they keep hanging on. I sometimes wonder if they regret being a part of causing what they ultimately can't afford to compete in (competing to win it that is) any more, but they have a title to show for it so probably not.

And the title team was the least entertaining to watch since the Prem started. They just bought the best striker in the country and played solid behind him.

Rant done. Hope we stuff them twice and remind them what normal life's like.

One promotion and it all goes to their tiny minds! :rolleyes:

If Blackpool dont change their playstyle I would say that they are going to be the easiest 6 points we will get off anyone next season, they really dont cope well against set pieces and with all there fancy possesion football they will find it hard to break strong, defensive teams down.

I am very happy they got promoted because it just shows what team spirit and good football can achieve at a lower lvl but up against teams that play the same way with world class players and teams that are very hard to break down I would have to say that they sure are going to struggle, but at least we get to see Holloway rubbing shoulders with the likes of SAF :rolleyes:

Suggestions in the local press that they will be building a temporary stand similar to what Fulham have got now. Was hoping that would mean a big away allocation but it has been suggested they will limit the away allocation due to big numbers of home fans wanting season tickets. Fingers crossed it will still be 2-3000 though.

You know I'd be really keen to see the transfer spending of clubs from back then and really see what we spent as I'm not convinced we were the top spenders.

Does anyone have a link or know?

Man U SMASHED the transfer record the season that we won the title...

Suggestions in the local press that they will be building a temporary stand similar to what Fulham have got now. Was hoping that would mean a big away allocation but it has been suggested they will limit the away allocation due to big numbers of home fans wanting season tickets. Fingers crossed it will still be 2-3000 though.

I can't see us getting anything other than the minimum allocation of 10%.

As it is now that would be around 1,200 but even they build a new stand to bring it upto a 16,000 capacity (which is what they're hoping) then we will be lucky to get more than the min 10% (1,600) considering the obvious demand from Blackpool fans.

Archived