BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benjani Signs

It is forced upon us because we are Blackburn Rovers. We cannot have superstars sat on the bench like City, United and Chelsea. Get a grip!

Or is it in having a manager in Stephen Kean.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if that's true, there's gotta be alternatives to a 33 year-old Benjani and his 3goals in 18games.

A very misleading stat! The guy only played 656 mins last season, so if we assume the average game is 93 minutes long he really only played 7 'games'.

So on that basis 3 goals in 7 games is an absolutely fine return for a striker who is going to be backup!

• Backroom

His wages won't take very much out of our budget, if he stays then fine. He shows glimpses of being a very good player, it's a shame his body doesn't seem capable of coping with the regular demand of top flight football. Still, if he can come on and score a few more goals like the one against the Scousers this season I won't mind him hanging around for another year.

A very misleading stat! The guy only played 656 mins last season, so if we assume the average game is 93 minutes long he really only played 7 'games'.

So on that basis 3 goals in 7 games is an absolutely fine return for a striker who is going to be backup!

The problem is that for every good game, he has about a dozen gash ones.

And at 33 years-old, with dodgy knees, we must be looking to do better, even for squad players.

I was hoping we'd see an end to rewarding mediocrity at Rovers. Obviously not.

Of course there are. But they'll cost more money. He's fine as back up.

How do you know?

'Fine' isn't good enough.

Just first of all, lets get into our heads that we do not have £50m to spend in this transfer window - absolute nonsense. We will be lucky to see £10-£15m of that money spent on strikers.

He's signed Benjani and carries on hinting he wants to sign Roque because of how good he was on the training ground. Its just blood amateur stuff again, smacks of inexperience and delusion at our club.

I've nothing against Benjani, he's a decent player on his day and has been handy to have around the squad, but the targets Kean is setting and the players he's after so far don't fall in tandem.

Get £4m spent on Bellamy, find him a good target man to play with, now that i'd be happy with!

And wasn't last season just a roaring success!!!!

I think for some on here, they appeared to enjoy the "excitement" of a relegation battle going down to the last game of the season......

• Backroom

Rather we keep him and sell Niko than vice versa, neither will be a starter, one we can get some money for and Benji can impact a game more.

I think for some on here, they appeared to enjoy the "excitement" of a relegation battle going down to the last game of the season......

Indeed John, I remember one person posting,

'We have had more excitement in a few months than under two years of Sam'.

The mind boggles.

because Benjani was our best striker last season?

:D you reeeeeeeeeeally believe that! ??? apart from the chelsea.. liverpool and maybe a couple of other games.. city game ??

he was generally rubbish.. never broke sweat and his performance against stoke(h) upfront with mame diouf was the most inept and more disgustingly... lazy :angry2: display from any pair of strikers i have EVER seen!

the man picked the games where he wanted to perform.. if you believe that he didnt he just mustve been poor in all the others.

:D you reeeeeeeeeeally believe that! ??? apart from the chelsea.. liverpool and maybe a couple of other games.. city game ??

he was generally rubbish.. never broke sweat and his performance against stoke(h) upfront with mame diouf was the most inept and more disgustingly... lazy :angry2: display from any pair of strikers i have EVER seen!

the man picked the games where he wanted to perform.. if you believe that he didnt he just mustve been poor in all the others.

thats how bad our strikers were last season, I think Benjani was probably our best striker when he was on the pitch, but if Kalinic had been given more game time, then i think that would of changed.

Archived