BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benjani Signs

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Good news if he signs again. M Diouf and Santa Cruz are gone with Kalinic to follow hopefully which leaves us with Roberts and Benji as backup behind 2 new strikers and Rochina, happy with that.

Good news if he signs again. M Diouf and Santa Cruz are gone with Kalinic to follow hopefully which leaves us with Roberts and Benji as backup behind 2 new strikers and Rochina, happy with that.

Er it could also mean that Kean saying during last season he wants RSC on a new contract, could also happen. He wanted to give Benjani a new contract - kean got his wish on that.

Just where is the ambition in resigning Benjani, for me, there just isnt any.

You still need backup. I doubt he'd be on much and could possibly be 4th/5th choice. There for a rainy day if the world caves in injury wise

Just where is the ambition in resigning Benjani, for me, there just isnt any.

The fact is he will sit on the bench, cause no fuss and when called upon can do an okay job!

Do you think a £9m 21 year old wants to sit on the bench gathering splinters? Or do you think the fans would allow it?

It is a perfectly sensible idea to sign him up for one more season.

The fact is he will sit on the bench, cause no fuss and when called upon can do an okay job!

Do you think a £9m 21 year old wants to sit on the bench gathering splinters? Or do you think the fans would allow it?

Surely Blackman could do that? And he's younger and got more potential.

This is such a waste of time.

Surely Blackman could do that? And he's younger and got more potential.

This is such a waste of time.

Haha, if only you knew Blackman - he has an attitude problem, thinks he is the next Rooney. He will not sit on the bench, he wants to play. What if one of our "reserve/squad strikers" gets injured?

Ha ha. Top 5 here we come.

For me this is a totally pointless exercise and a complete waste of time. No doubt Benjani will be chuffed however!

Ha ha. Top 5 here we come.

For me this is a totally pointless exercise and a complete waste of time. No doubt Benjani will be chuffed however!

It is forced upon us because we are Blackburn Rovers. We cannot have superstars sat on the bench like City, United and Chelsea. Get a grip!

Haha, if only you knew Blackman - he has an attitude problem, thinks he is the next Rooney. He will not sit on the bench, he wants to play. What if one of our "reserve/squad strikers" gets injured?

But Kean has already said that Blackman will be in the first team squad for the coming season. Blackman, Benjani, Roberts - all backup strikers. Rochina, Hoilett and Formica vying for playing behind or alongside the main striker. Nicko suggests that two top line strikers will be coming in. Add Kalinic into the mix and we would have far too many players all vying for the backup role. Signing Benjani simply doesn't make sense. When Sam brought him in it was because he had no money to spend. Kean is supposed to have between £40 and £50 million and yet Benjani is the best we can come up with as a backup?

But Kean has already said that Blackman will be in the first team squad for the coming season. Blackman, Benjani, Roberts - all backup strikers. Rochina, Hoilett and Formica vying for playing behind or alongside the main striker. Nicko suggests that two top line strikers will be coming in. Add Kalinic into the mix and we would have far too many players all vying for the backup role. Signing Benjani simply doesn't make sense. When Sam brought him in it was because he had no money to spend. Kean is supposed to have between £40 and £50 million and yet Benjani is the best we can come up with as a backup?

My thoughts exactly, although I am not sure of the £40 - £50 million figure mentioned. Of course if the owners are not going to spend decent money then it makes perfect sense to re-sign Benjani.

Fingers crossed the two new strikers are quality and can play 90 minutes every week then.

It is forced upon us because we are Blackburn Rovers. We cannot have superstars sat on the bench like City, United and Chelsea. Get a grip!

Who says we need superstars? Just that peoples expectations have been raised as we have '40+ million to spend' As we are 'just Blackburn Rovers' is that not allowed?

I would rather have Benjani than M Diouf or Santa Cruz, but it aint much of a contest between the lot of our 'strikers'.

Yes, so will Robbie Cotton, does not mean he will make the bench every week. So Roberts is injured, this leaves Blackman - in my opinon Benjani is perfect as a squad player for 12 months.

Hoilett will play upfront or in the hole if we sign him up.

In my honest opinion and as someone who has seen them in training - Kalinic is the worst of the bunch.

Turns up like he has been dragged to training kicking and screaming. He is in the best career ever, he should act like it and put MUCH MORE effort in.

Who says we need superstars? Just that peoples expectations have been raised as we have '40+ million to spend' As we are 'just Blackburn Rovers' is that not allowed?

I would rather have Benjani than M Diouf or Santa Cruz, but it aint much of a contest between the lot of our 'strikers'.

My point exactly.

Even if that's true, there's gotta be alternatives to a 33 year-old Benjani and his 3goals in 18games.

Archived