BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benjani Signs

Yup, we can but dream! Benjani is far better than Roberts, though if we bring injuries into the equation then it's the reverse!

I still don't get why we were so hasty in offering Roberts a new deal......

Kean needed a cheer leader!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LT article did make me laugh, painting Banjoni as helping us avoid relegation....even though his (and the other strikers) lack of scoring has been the reason for our 11 game winless streak which put us down there in the first place!

No logic whatsoever, but its something that people will try to credit Kean for - forgetting we were safely midtable / top half before he took over!

It would be a dreadful move to give Bejani another deal but hopefully it's simply the case that Kean intends to play him tomorrow and is trying to gee him up before sending him out.

He can hardly say "Has no future at the Club and won't be offered another deal" before sending him out.

It would be a dreadful move to give Bejani another deal but hopefully it's simply the case that Kean intends to play him tomorrow and is trying to gee him up before sending him out.

He can hardly say "Has no future at the Club and won't be offered another deal" before sending him out.

Kean needs to learn, though probably far too late by now, that sometimes it's best to say nowt at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Happy with this he's done better than most expected and has caused problem for defences when on the pitch, also uses the ball well in the final third bringing Hoilett and Olsson into play.

Why bother looking for another fourth choice striker when we already have one who doesn't complain when they're not picked, shows a good attitude when they play and is capable of winning games from time to time?

All our funds and attention need to go on getting a top striker. Benjani is perfect back up for a club like us.

Why bother looking for another fourth choice striker when we already have one who doesn't complain when they're not picked, shows a good attitude when they play and is capable of winning games from time to time?

All our funds and attention need to go on getting a top striker. Benjani is perfect back up for a club like us.

Sorry I can't agree with this. Surely Rovers should have higher aspirations than Benjani and Roberts.

Benjani must realise his place and that he is unlikely to be played much. However, he is a useful back-up and if it saves us from paying a fee and he is happy to be a bench warmer why not?

Benjani must realise his place and that he is unlikely to be played much. However, he is a useful back-up and if it saves us from paying a fee and he is happy to be a bench warmer why not?

Exactly Mum. It would seem that sensible analysis of the situation completely evades some people. They are so intent in pushing their own point of view that they completely panic when any other and seemingly unwanted signimg (from their perspective) is even mentioned, let alone actioned. Time they got a grip of reality.

I quite like what I've seen of him and we're not going to get a better 4th choice striker from anywhere else.

Agreed. If the plan is indeed to use him as a backup, and bring in a couple other, better, strikers then I'm fine with it.

Archived