BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benjani Signs

He'll probably barely play, and I'd rather the club be prudent and have some cover up front than run into an injury crisis at some point.

Its got to be pay as you play or at least a minimal salary with bonuses, it'll do untill we can find/afford someone better.

Think of it as taking cheap car insurance on a flash car. Should you need to take the Aston into the garage for a couple of weeks you'll still have a courtesy car. It might be a perodua kenari, but it'll get you from A to B and you can afford the policy...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A poor signing that encapsulates one of Rovers most miserable transfer windows in recent history. One striker on loan from Man Yoo, and a 32 year-old Zimbabwean with crooked knees.

Or, alternatively, a loan striker who bagged a hat trick on his full début and a striker who cost £7.5 million two years ago on a free transfer.

Obviously I've gone OTT being positive in trying to make a point, the truth is somewhere between our two posts.

Just to prove it is possible, now someone with a better ear make one better.

To Boney M, Rivers of Babylon

Benjamin Mwaruwari, his knees are blown,

Ye-eah he wept, when City sent him home,

Benjamin Mwaruwari, he didn’t cost a song,

Ye-eah we wept, when the deal was done.

Then Big Sam said,

Punt the ball up field boys,

Do that, we can’t go wrong,

Benjani will get a dread on the ball from a lo-ng bomb,

Let the mouths of our fans, drop when he takes the field,

Let us bask in the glory of a goal from him tonight.

Let the mouths of our fans, drop when he takes the field,

Let us bask in the glory of a goal from him tonight.

Benjamin Mwaruwari, his knees not gone,

Ye-eah we wept, when the news was shown,

Benjamin Mwaruwari, his knees not gone,

Ye-ah City wept when he drove some home.

Etc etc infinitum to the pumping sound of some bobozelas, or whatever the hell they are called – those noisy @#/?s that showed up in South Africa.

Or, alternatively, a loan striker who bagged a hat trick on his full début and a striker who cost £7.5 million two years ago on a free transfer.

Benjani cost half of that - and even if he didn't, it's irrelevant. Ciccio Grabbi cost £7m once. Your point?

Benjani cost half of that - and even if he didn't, it's irrelevant. Ciccio Grabbi cost £7m once. Your point?

He explained his point in the bit of his post that you cut out of the quote.

Pros:

1 year deal.

Good player on his day.

Can play the loneman as well as Roberts.

Is a better finisher than Roberts.

Cheap.

Cons:

Injury problems.

Prone to "Robertsness", aka spooning over penalties etc.

If Sam thinks he's good enough, I'm all for it.

He isn't better than Roberts, goal scoring records don't lie. Roberts isn't injured constantly. He can probably head Sam's hoofballs. When was the last time he had 'a day' that he was good? It's almost as bad as signing Fowler, at least Fowler was actually good once upon a time.

Bloody hell, this MB never fails to astound me!

12 month deal, we needed a striker and he's better than Roberts!

Woe and double woe!

Is he better than Roberts? He's probably been signed to keep Vince company in the treatment room. Maybe the ball boys are struggling for work?

Obviously I've gone OTT being positive in trying to make a point, the truth is somewhere between our two posts.

To be honest if we signed Curley Watts you'd be backing up Sam, he can do no wrong in your eyes. wink.gif

I do not see the point in wasting wages, no matter how small on this useless player. It's pretty embarrassing to be honest. All this talk of take overs and making us a global brand and we sign this donkey. I'd rather see a youngster/the tea lady given a chance.

I would prefer a loan striker and a free transfer if it means we purchase quality players once we are taken over-which is looking very likely.

Kalinic, diouf and benjani will see us through til at least january.

The manager has hardly put a foot wrong so far in the transfer market and has taken his time running the rule over Benjani. Whilst not a name that fills us with excitement, he's probably just making up the numbers, so for once I'm with the manager.

Just wait till we are playing Benjani up front on his own, hoofing the ball up to him and getting no success from it, eventually changing it late on in the match and improving. Then imagine that Sam does he usual trick of doing it every week, because he can't see it isn't working

NO other club wanted him, if he played for free no one would want him. Bring back good old Ash, all is forgiven.

Something for you to consider - Would you rather have Benji on a free or Bebe for £7.4m

:blink: Bit of perspective there for you...

That's kind of like saying would you rather lick a tramps armpit or eat Megan Fox's ######.

I think his point being that he has proved himself to be capable of scoring goals in the Premier League. It's a one year deal and I'd rather we had him here than not. He could turn out to be the bargain of the transfer window if he can get his form and confidence back. Free. One year contract. Good news for us I think.

How many goals has he scored and over how long a period? Did his Premier league goal scoring exploits happen before or after his injury crisis?

Pop Quiz hotshot,

You need a striker, a midfielder, and god knows who else. You have 50p, a half full bag of soor plooms, and a signed birthday card by Salgado for a transfer budget. The window is closing in two days.

What do you do hotshot, what do you do?

He isn't better than Roberts, goal scoring records don't lie. Roberts isn't injured constantly. He can probably head Sam's hoofballs. When was the last time he had 'a day' that he was good? It's almost as bad as signing Fowler, at least Fowler was actually good once upon a time.

Is he better than Roberts? He's probably been signed to keep Vince company in the treatment room. Maybe the ball boys are struggling for work?

To be honest if we signed Curley Watts you'd be backing up Sam, he can do no wrong in your eyes. wink.gif

I do not see the point in wasting wages, no matter how small on this useless player. It's pretty embarrassing to be honest. All this talk of take overs and making us a global brand and we sign this donkey. I'd rather see a youngster/the tea lady given a chance.

I think this post might be back to haunt you. You've really set yourself up for ridicule with those comments.

The manager has hardly put a foot wrong so far in the transfer market and has taken his time running the rule over Benjani. Whilst not a name that fills us with excitement, he's probably just making up the numbers, so for once I'm with the manager.

You do realise that waggy will have just deleted your number from his phone gav. ^_^

I think this post might be back to haunt you. You've really set yourself up for ridicule with those comments.

You do realise that waggy will have just deleted your number from his phone gav. ^_^

I hope it does! If Benjani scores 5 goals or more I will quite happily admit I'm completely wrong. I won't be wrong however, he is @#/? and worse than Roberts. Though since everyone thinks he is so much better than Roberts, I'd guess 5 would be easy for him?

Archived