BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Fulham

cn174

So you are standing up for rude ignorant numpties who give Blackburn a bad name?

I do like how people who no longer live in the town and have little idea of day to day issues call people that do 'ignorant'.

I am afraid phil, as well intentioned as you are, BOTH sides of Blackburn's divide have never been further apart and resentment has never been greater.

Sorry to take this off topic.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The first time iv ever really thought it - but on saturday I think we missed Dunn!

We also need to get NZonzi back in that 1st 11.

And once again Nelsen gets beaten in the air by a shorter player :rolleyes: ...Sorry but id rather see Jones play their.

It's not Dunn I'd say we're missing Hughesy, it's a creative midfield player in general. The couple of times we have seen him so far this season he's looked unfit and not had a great effect on the game.

The first time iv ever really thought it - but on saturday I think we missed Dunn!

And once again Nelsen gets beaten in the air by a shorter player :rolleyes: ...Sorry but id rather see Jones play their.

I'd like to see Jones go back in defence too. A lot of our 'hoofing' problems come from the back. Nelsen had a problem with this even under Hughes, and Samba is never going to be subtle in that area. Jones' stint in midfield should make him a better partner for Samba than Nelsen currently is.

I agree with needing Dunn and N'Zonzi back too.

....................... Robinson

Salgado .. Samba .... Jones .... Givet

................ N'Zonzi .. Pedersen

.... Diouf 1 ......... Dunn ....... Diouf 2

........................ Kalinic

I'd be looking to get that team out as soon as possible.

2 'proper' goals, 2 'lucky' goals and a non-goal from a team the self appointed expert has had over 18 months with - not great from a man who clearly thinks he is at a club who need him more then he needs them. England, AC/Inter Milam, Real Madrid - don't make me laugh. At school when being taught football it was pass-move-pass-move, maybe I misheard and its hoof-rush-hoof-rush ...

A good well intentioned post Patrick. However as you virtually point out this is a typical viewpoint of people who formulate their opinions with no experience and from a safe distance. Just a few points, not to excuse but perhaps to explain that there are two sides to every coin.

1. 'high numbers of ethnic minotities' A contradiction in terms if ever there was one! :rolleyes: How would you feel if I told you that within a decade you and your family and friends were going to be the ethnic minority in the place of your birth and upbringing?

2. "On at least 3 seperate occassions we encountered deeply racist opinions from people drinking in pubs throughout town. 3 may not seem much, but it was so quiet throughout town, it was actually quite a high percentage." You will only hear one side of the story and any racism is obviuously only one way in a pub for goodness sake! The majority of muslims don't drink hence why the pubs that have not closed are quiet and on their last legs, and that is why so much resentment is fomenting in inner Blackburn.

3. Most young lads (kids) around Blackburn have not got through the further education sieve. The brighter ones are at University and those remaining in Blackburn face high unemployment and an uninspiring future. Resentment easily sets in is such conditions of social depravation.

4. Nice to hear that opposition to hallal meat is still and issue with many people. Lets hope that it is spreading.

Gordon that post requires a response.

As i said, as a fan living beyond the city limits, the last thing i wanted to do was seem as if i was fully aware of the situation and start preaching to people who know more about than i do. I fully appreciate a changing demographic in the population of the town in which you were born and raised is sometimes hard to come to terms with. But i'm afraid thats life. The world is a different place to that of 10,20,30 or 40 years ago.

I am aware that opinions expressed in a pub do not tell the full story. I am sure racism swings both ways. But how do you expect me to regale you with tales i have not been told?

The educational issue you raise is largely void i'm afraid. I am not university educated and i do not hold the beliefs these kids hold. Humanity is a not a lesson which is only taught within the four walls of a classroom or university lecture theatre. Its about having moral standards. These are taught in home surroundings as well as the educational system.

But you are right. I don't have to live in the area. I go back to sunny Southampton and judge from a safe distance. Apart from the fact Southampton has the largest figure of Polish immigrants in the UK. They have taken huge amounts of jobs off local people especially in the constuction industry. I take your points onboard that there are two sides to every story. But some of the comments we heard left a nasty taste in the mouth. Essentially this divide is not doing the one thing we have in common any good. Blackburn Rovers.

I do like how people who no longer live in the town and have little idea of day to day issues call people that do 'ignorant'.

I am afraid phil, as well intentioned as you are, BOTH sides of Blackburn's divide have never been further apart and resentment has never been greater.

There does seem to be a growing dissent amongst the young unemployed white people to others - most definitely.

Tensions do seem to be rising in Blackburn which is a bit of a worry.

The unfortunate incident with Kammy on this site doesnt seem to be a solitary one, there was two more stabbings in different parts of Blackburn at the weekend.

Dempsey's actually taller than Nelsen.

At the moment, Jones isn't good enough to replace either Samba or Nelsen in the centre of defence - hence Sam using him in midfield. Nelsen has been one of our better players so far this season and so I don't see how you can drop him. Against Everton as the holding player Jones did very well in that role. However, the introduction of Grella means that Jones has to play further forward and his limitations as a midfielder are now being found out. Personally, I would like to see him as either the holding player in midfield, with Nzonzi restored to the team in place of Grella, or, if Grella is to remain in the team then Jones would need to settle for a place on the bench. At the moment I don't believe he should be ahead of Samba or Nelsen in defence, nor should he be ahead of Nzonzi in midfield.

Clearly Jones is a hugely impressive talent but it is a case of finding the right role for him. In twelve months time I have no doubt that the will be pressing for a role in defence but it's what to do with him in the meantime.

Saturday was poor. BFS has got Plan A...and Plan A. Hoof. We will struggle this year on that evidence, Just hope it was a one off.

With any luck BFS will be whisked off to the Bernabeu when Mourhino messes it up around xmas...and Santa all I want for xmas is a creative midfielder :rover:

Essentially this divide is not doing the one thing we have in common any good. Blackburn Rovers.

Agreed and it's not doing the town any good either. But hey too late to ask Barbara Castle why it happened and Jack Straw would only tell lies.

So you are standing up for rude ignorant numpties who give Blackburn a bad name?

Churlish and stupid post. You should be better than trying to score silly little points....

..... from a considerable distance.

Saturday was poor. BFS has got Plan A...and Plan A. Hoof. We will struggle this year on that evidence, Just hope it was a one off.

This is untrue, both based on the evidence of last year and 4 out of 5 matches this year. Sam does mix up the play a bit. Was it home against Chelsea in a cup match that he came out attacking in a 4-3-3? And he was extremely aggressive against Villa is a cup match last year also. My memory could be wrong, but Sam will occassionaly throw everyone for a spin, just so they don't get comfortable.

And I really believe that his Plan A is a 4-5-1 on defense and a 4-3-3 on attack, or some permutation which is vaguely similar (non-football expert here). Getting the transition correct is the tricky part. All said, I think he and the squad have made strides this season and last and will continue to do so.

As far as I can remember, our problem last year was consistently conceding the first goal, but having one of the better records in the league at making a come back. So now it seems the opposite is true, but yea... let's just focus on the negatives.

For the record, my 5 year old cousin watched our full match against Arsenal (he has previously said "Arsenal is the greatest team in the world") and ended up going for Blackburn the entire match and thoroughly enjoyed the football being played.

For the record, my 5 year old cousin watched our full match against Arsenal (he has previously said "Arsenal is the greatest team in the world") and ended up going for Blackburn the entire match and thoroughly enjoyed the football being played.

Your cousin is a youngster of character. You should be prouod. :rover:

I've succesfully turned my 7 (almost 8) year old daughter into a Rovers fan. She'll watch the matches with me on the weekends and even wear Blackburn's shirt to soccer practice. I've lost the battle for my 5 year old son's soul, however. He was on the cusp of becoming a Rover and then he watched Newcastle v. Blackpool. He's been a raving about the Tangerines ever since. He's even read their wiki page. I'm heart broken. I need some more whiskey. :(

Your cousin is a youngster of character. You should be prouod. :rover:

I've succesfully turned my 7 (almost 8) year old daughter into a Rovers fan. She'll watch the matches with me on the weekends and even wear Blackburn's shirt to soccer practice. I've lost the battle for my 5 year old son's soul, however. He was on the cusp of becoming a Rover and then he watched Newcastle v. Blackpool. He's been a raving about the Tangerines ever since. He's even read their wiki page. I'm heart broken. I need some more whiskey. :(

Haha I think it's their bright orange shirts. Kids get attracted to bright colours! And yes, I am quite proud, he's become quite fond of football now, even though most kids at his school play the Australian kind. I'm pretty sure he's still quite fond of the Gunnners though, but then I was as well when I was a kid, so that's ok with me :)

I think that's a little unfair on Sam. The problem was personell, not tactics. The team were absolutely brilliant for the first 20 minutes, and it could have been any score. But they switched off badly after they scored and were inept for the next 40 minutes. Grella was so bad it was like he was a joke being played on the Rovers fans. And I genuinely have not seen Pedersen play that badly before, he was absolutely shocking. Niko was getting bundled over too easily as well. Jones was unable to stem the tide with Grella being non existent beside him. We'd have been better with 10 men. When N'Zonzi and Emo came on for Grella and Pedersen it was like we were a different team, and if they'd come on at half time we'd have won. Fulham did not look overly threatening even when they must've had 90% posession because we kept giving the ball away.

With any luck BFS will be whisked off to the Bernabeu when Mourhino messes it up around xmas...and Santa all I want for xmas is a creative midfielder :rover:

God, a creative midfielder... Wouldn't that be nice... Can we get Ian Holloway after Sam goes to the Bernebau/San Siro then? (Incidentally, I think Sam's doing a good job. Give the poor @#/? some money to spend!)

I think that's a little unfair on Sam. The problem was personell, not tactics.

When N'Zonzi and Emo came on for Grella and Pedersen it was like we were a different team, and if they'd come on at half time we'd have won. Fulham did not look overly threatening even when they must've had 90% posession because we kept giving the ball away.

That's tactics. When to use your subs is nowadays as much a part of the game plan as anything else and allardyce did not do anything to change things when it was obvious that Fulahm were coping with the long balls and Hangelaand was always going to beat Diouf to them. I agree Fulham did not lokk like scoring much of the time but they always had at least one in them which is why it was imperative that we either scored a second or deprived them of the ball instead of simply hoofing it back to them

Dempsey's actually taller than Nelsen.

They are actually both the same - 6ft 1, however its more a case of how it looked then - Dempsey rose high above your lovechild & once again he was at fault for the goal.

At the moment, Jones isn't good enough to replace either Samba or Nelsen in the centre of defence - hence Sam using him in midfield. Nelsen has been one of our better players so far this season and so I don't see how you can drop him.

Well he did VERY well when he was given the chance last season, hence why Nelsen struggled to shift him....Nelsen lacks pace, often gets caught ball watching & just hoofs the ball whenever he can.

Id much prefer to see Jones given a chance their.

They are actually both the same - 6ft 1, however its more a case of how it looked then - Dempsey rose high above your lovechild & once again he was at fault for the goal.

Well he did VERY well when he was given the chance last season, hence why Nelsen struggled to shift him....Nelsen lacks pace, often gets caught ball watching & just hoofs the ball whenever he can.

Id much prefer to see Jones given a chance their.

Good player Dempsey but I don't rem him making the ESPN World X1 picked from all the teams in this summer's world cup do you Hughesy? I'm not sure how (even though he'd have walked into the England team in hindsight) but Ryan Nelsen did. :tu:

Archived