BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Fulham

cn174

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly. Can't really see who some are so willing to overlook his poor decision.

Let's say you were working for a business with limited resources, and managed to increase turnover, with little return to work with. Then one day, a billion £££ corporation offer you a job, with an embarrassment of riches to work with - are you honestly telling me you wouldn't seize the opportunity?

exactly. Can't really see who some are so willing to overlook his poor decision.

It was a gamble he had to take. I bet every other manager would have done the same.

Sparky was both a terrific player and a terrific manager for us, I hope he's warmly received.

Having said that, I hope we hammer them! I think there will be a fair few goals in this one for some reason.

Sparky knows the limitations of our key players from having been their boss.

A thoroughly entertaining and frustrating 2-2 draw.

I disagree look at our 1st team....

Robinson, Jones, Olsson, Salgado, Givet, NZonzi, Kalinic, Diouf, Mame Diouf were either not here or nothing like thier level of ability NOW, as when Hughes was here.

Fulham should have been chucked out of this division years ago.

They, even after 10 years in the Premier League, still play in a glorified terraced house.

Other teams have spent money to get their stadia to a reasonable standard but they have just spent cash on players fees and wages.

The new keeper will be tested by an aerial bombardment the Luftwaffe will be proud of on Saturday, will he be up to it?

Is Duff injured? Silly question.

Isn't it probable that Samba and Pedersen will be the only players starting that played under Hughes? Maybe Nelsen too if he's not injured.

Olsson..

My last home game before i fly out to Costa Rica for some voluntry work. heres hoping I get sent away with a big smile on my face after a big victory against Fulahm

Olsson..

My last home game before i fly out to Costa Rica for some voluntry work. heres hoping I get sent away with a big smile on my face after a big victory against Fulahm

For now at least, Olsson is a bench player. The two Dioufs have the wide positions nailed down for the moment.

I suppose if Nelsen is out then Givet might move to centre back with Olsson on the left, like against City. I'd prefer Jones moving backwards with N'Zonzi in midfield though.

They, even after 10 years in the Premier League, still play in a glorified terraced house.

Other teams have spent money to get their stadia to a reasonable standard but they have just spent cash on players fees and wages.

just :lol:

Craven Cottage gets nothing but positive reviews from supporters, players and media that visit it. It is widely regarded as an excellent away trip and the tradition and character the ground holds makes it a rare gem in modern day football stadia.

Surely spending money on players and wages is most important? I'm sure supporters would rather see a successful team, than an excellent ground to watch football in. After all, I'm sure Darlington supporters who see their team play in the 25,000 all seated Darlington Arena are delighted with having a team playing in the Blue Square Premier infront of crowds in the region of a 1000. Ask them to play League One football at Feethams and you'd guarantee they'd take the swap.

Without spending money on players, Fulham may have been relegated from the division and the magical run to the Europa League Final last season may never have happened.

Craven Cottage gets nothing but positive reviews from supporters, players and media that visit it. It is widely regarded as an excellent away trip and the tradition and character the ground holds makes it a rare gem in modern day football stadia.

Surely spending money on players and wages is most important? I'm sure supporters would rather see a successful team, than an excellent ground to watch football in. After all, I'm sure Darlington supporters who see their team play in the 25,000 all seated Darlington Arena are delighted with having a team playing in the Blue Square Premier infront of crowds in the region of a 1000. Ask them to play League One football at Feethams and you'd guarantee they'd take the swap.

Without spending money on players, Fulham may have been relegated from the division and the magical run to the Europa League Final last season may never have happened.

Maybe so but there are still teams who were not even allowed into the league because their stadium wasn't up to standard and yet Fulham play in the top flight with a ground most championship clubs would think inadequate. Surely coverd access for teams to avoid their having to line up outside wouldn't be beyonds the bounds of possibility without it costing the earth.

Maybe so but there are still teams who were not even allowed into the league because their stadium wasn't up to standard and yet Fulham play in the top flight with a ground most championship clubs would think inadequate. Surely coverd access for teams to avoid their having to line up outside wouldn't be beyonds the bounds of possibility without it costing the earth.

Which stadiums have been rejected from the Premier League? Blackpool? Bloomfield Road was three sided when they earned promotion and with a much lower capacity to other top flight teams hence why they built a temporary east stand to bring it up to standard and to allow Premier League football to be played there. Fulham played their first two seasons in the Premier League at Loftus Road to allow time to bring their ground up to scratch. Anyway, Craven Cottage had hosted international games in the very recent past on quite a number of occassions so people high up in the game clearly don't see the ground as inadequate for the second tier.

Which stadiums have been rejected from the Premier League? Blackpool? Bloomfield Road was three sided when they earned promotion and with a much lower capacity to other top flight teams hence why they built a temporary east stand to bring it up to standard and to allow Premier League football to be played there. Fulham played their first two seasons in the Premier League at Loftus Road to allow time to bring their ground up to scratch. Anyway, Craven Cottage had hosted international games in the very recent past on quite a number of occassions so people high up in the game clearly don't see the ground as inadequate for the second tier.

They don't think it's inadequate 'cos it's in Laaandan. Just watch a team like Rovers try to get away with a ground like that.

Couldn't disagree more. Fulham is one of my favourite Premier League stadiums and the one ground that I always look forward to visiting each year. It has real character and is in a glorious situation. A walk through Bishop's Park, alongside the River before the game and then a ground that still retains its charm. The natives are very friendly and you don't get the problems that you do at a number of other grounds. I remember visiting this ground in the early sixties as a youngster and it still has many of the same characteristics. It has managed to redevelop parts of the ground while retaining its own unique character. I'd rather have Craven Cottage over Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Derby etc. I find these new grounds so uninteresting as they all look the same and have no unique features - the Emirates apart that is!

I'd rather have Craven Cottage over Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Derby etc. I find these new grounds so uninteresting as they all look the same and have no unique features - the Emirates apart that is!

Really? I found the Emirates to be one big corporate bowl when I went.

I much preferred Highbury although I can see why they needed to move.

Not rejected from the premier league!!! Sorry, I didn't put that very well. I don't mind the ground having character and I'm not by any means suggesting they should have to build a modern faceless stadium but I do feel there must be more they could do to improve the ground they do have and as someone else said you can bet if it was an unpopular club more people would be calling for changes.

Not rejected from the premier league!!! Sorry, I didn't put that very well. I don't mind the ground having character and I'm not by any means suggesting they should have to build a modern faceless stadium but I do feel there must be more they could do to improve the ground they do have and as someone else said you can bet if it was an unpopular club more people would be calling for changes.

I take your point and at the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion and prefers different things. Personally, Craven Cottage is a ground I want to visit every season, and although I've been very unfortunate in recent times when I've attempted to see Rovers play there (due to postponements and rearranged games), I look forward to my visit this year with Rovers in March.

As for the game itself, three points would make it a very good start to the campaign in relation to some difficult fixtures, and prior to the start of the season, 7 points from 5 games was perhaps the most realistic points tally we could achieve. Another good performance is necessary, against a Fulham team who have started the season very well and are unbeaten thus far. They look to get the ball down and play football, having some very useful players at their disposal who could hurt any team on their day. Hopefully Rovers will get their second win of the season and we can build on this result to take a good return of points in the three following and very winnable games.

Archived