BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Fulham

cn174

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful after the goal. Referee terrible too.

I don't agree with the boo'ing but understandable given the managers idiotic comments and awful tactics.

I may be wrong but did we not draw the game? We have 5 points from 6 games which should be better but the booing is incredible.we finished 10th last year with the same squad and had a strong finish to the season, who is to say it won't happen again? Nonsense like worst football in the league is a joke, gain some perspective.

I may be wrong but did we not draw the game? We have 5 points from 6 games which should be better but the booing is incredible.we finished 10th last year with the same squad and had a strong finish to the season, who is to say it won't happen again? Nonsense like worst football in the league is a joke, gain some perspective.

If you're happy to have 5 points from 6 games, you'll be chuffed to learn it's 5 points from 5 games.

Did you watch the game imy?

yes I did but I also saw the team throughout last season too.there is an unrealistic feeling here that teams like fulham will come to ewood and roll over, they are undefeated so far this season, we drew with city last week and have two losses from 5 games, its not been great but there is no need to be on suicide watch either! Lets get to 10 games and take it from there.

It seems those who went to watch the game have a different perspective on things, whereas a lot of those that watched it on a dodgy stream are defending the manager. The fact that a dodgy compressed blurry Internet stream looked better than what the human eye saw is quite apt.

Thing is why were we launching long balls up to m diouf when the man marking him was a giant? Why is Jones playing centre midfield when he was in amazing form in defence last season. Why is young player of the year dropped to the bench in favor of a man who they've been trying to offload in the transfer window? Why did Kalanic go off when it was the lack of service from midfield that was the issue?

And who the hell said anything about suicide, I said they were awful after they scored, which I think's a fair summary. Fulham weren't great either but they were the away team and missing a key striker.

Not good enough plain and simple.

We are at our most dangerous from set plays and expected to score every half chance we get which is about four a game and that is just not good enough.

We lack creativity and result to hoofing it when the chips go down, when it was 1-1 I looked at the bench and thought....well who's a match winner?

We need some new blood in the team and one of those must be a creative midfielder because I hate to watch Grella hack away and Pederson fluff his passes constantly.

I am sorry SA but you set the team up to fail this week with your ludricous claims of superior management skills and how you could win trophy after trophy with a top club.

The truth is my Bolton/Midlands supremo, you set your club/team up for a shocker today and thats exactly what happened.

In truth a draw was the correct result. Rovers goal perhaps fortunate, Fulhams well crafted.

I am not going to dwell on it, Grella and MGP were off the mark, there was little creativity and yet again backing off costs us a goal.

Did either keeper make a genuine save ?

For me 2 points definately lost.

PS does anyone know who Hughes was wagging his fist at in the lower JW Stand ?

This idea that 'more attacking players on the pitch = more chances to score' is just overly simplistic rubbish though.

Most teams play with two defensive midfielders now. There is no point having attacking players on the pitch if there is no-one to win the ball, otherwise you can't give it to the attacking players.

Most teams play with two defensive midfielders? Fulham didn't - only Etuhu played as a def mid. There are many changes we could have made to at least try to influence the game positively, however BFS went 'like-for-like' and absolutely nothing changed. Why not move Jones to Grella's position and bring on Hoilett? Surely pace against a tiring full-back would be more effective than relying on the chance of maybe winning free-kicks and lumping it in?

It seemed England's future World Cup winning manager's masterstroke was to put a tall player on, and do the latter. Genius. I bet the FA are praying for Fabio to slip up, and Florentino Perez is looking through the small print of Jose's contract for an escape clause as we speak. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, BFS has done OK given the finances, but he makes some strange decisions. He gets lucky sometimes, sometimes he doesn't but it DOES seem to owe more to luck than any tactical nous IMO.

Anyway, did Sam do a post-match interview or was he too busy trying to get his foot out of his mouth after the rubbish he was spouting yesterday? Those comments, coupled with today's non-performance have (1) made him even well less-liked by some Rovers fans, (2) made him look a complete cock to the wider football world (which is something I think we can all agree he is excellent at), and (3) probably caused Jose Mourinho to spoil one of his nice suits by literally p*ssing himself laughing. ;)

EDIT: Have to say that Fulham looked a decent, well-drilled team. Murphy was MOM by a mile, Dembele looked good but faded and Salcido played well. Not sure why Arsenal want Schwarzer though - looked v. dodgy. Did we play that much football under Hughes?

All I am hearing on every media outlet when Rovers are mentioned is Real Madrid.

Therefore, Sam is not just making a fool of himself, but the club in general.

The section of the fanbase that have never taken to Allardyce were giving him dogs abuse today, creating a generally nasty atmosphere towards the end in the Blackburn End.

It seems those who went to watch the game have a different perspective on things, whereas a lot of those that watched it on a dodgy stream are defending the manager. The fact that a dodgy compressed blurry Internet stream looked better than what the human eye saw is quite apt.

:D The broadcasts nowadays are so comprehensive that you get a way better view of the game from the dodgiest Internet stream than from the umpteenth row somewhere behind the corner flag from the Stadium. Bar the atmosphere of course.

I am sorry SA but you set the team up to fail this week with your ludricous claims of superior management skills and how you could win trophy after trophy with a top club.

The truth is my Bolton/Midlands supremo, you set your club/team up for a shocker today and thats exactly what happened.

In truth a draw was the correct result. Rovers goal perhaps fortunate, Fulhams well crafted.

I am not going to dwell on it, Grella and MGP were off the mark, there was little creativity and yet again backing off costs us a goal.

Did either keeper make a genuine save ?

For me 2 points definately lost.

PS does anyone know who Hughes was wagging his fist at in the lower JW Stand ?

Spot on.

Samba - Very lucky to have him, he is the difference between a draw and a heavy defeat at the moment.

Grella - A curse left on the football club by Paul Ince. How he starts in the Premier League is something that I will never understand.

Very poor display. There doesn't seem to be any concern here that we have zero creativity going up front and wingers with little to no ability when it comes to beating the first man.

Everytime Fulham picked up possession they ran the ball right through us and if they had more quality up top, the result would have been very different.

The majority of our goals this season have come from stupid mistakes and plain luck.

Really needs sorting out for the Blackpool game.

Also Sam, some of the tactics you employ.....I don't think the Real Madrid Faithful will be too impressed when you take them over :P

:D The broadcasts nowadays are so comprehensive that you get a way better view of the game from the dodgiest Internet stream than from the umpteenth row somewhere behind the corner flag from the Stadium. Bar the atmosphere of course.

You sure they weren't broadcasting Real Madrid?

I would disagree - being at the game is completely different IMO. You can follow players, rather than the ball - TV will never show you how much running someone does off the ball, bad positioning, etc. You can also see the whole of the pitch at once, and therefore every player, rather than the 'square' that the cameras are focused on.

This is what annoys me about Sam, here's a snippet from his post match interview:

"We didn't recover from that, we started to panic and I don't know why. We changed to a 4-4-2 with two up top but you've got to get the ball down and play it in the right areas and with the quality that we've got, but for whatever reason we haven't done that and in the end we've ended up with a draw rather than important victory."

That's utter rollocks Sam and you know it. YOU instruct your team not to do this, so you can hardly be suprised when we're launching it time after time. I'm sure if you instructed them to play it about they'd do it - they'd be bleddy suprised, but they'd do it.

Archived