BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DMTP: yes must have been 94 mins of hell sat on your hands, but what did you do when Emerton scored and how did the Rovers fans sound and look from where you were?

I was remarkably restrained - though we had given ourselves away when Blackpool scored and we remained seated :blush: - as did the many other Rovers fans in the home end of the East Stand. To be honest I get sick of away fans in the home ends at Ewood celebrating - so I think the home fans at Blackpool deserved some respect (and not to rub their noses in it).

Even though we were at the far end of the East Stand - the away fans did us proud. They sounded even louder when I watched Footie First. A few Blackpool fans seem to have remarked how vocal our away support was - must be almost as loud as the DE :rover:

Have you even watched the highlights? As well as the sectioned off bit at the end there were empty seats in the block nearest to the middle of the stand in our section.

Also, as I pointed out, Man C allocated 2,300 compared to our 1,900 :rolleyes:

Dimwit you say? :lol:

Yes

That was the home hospitality end which went on sale on their site. Not our allocation.

No Hughesy... wrong... the home hospitality was the other side but they put these on normal sale as the hospitality is not ready yet.

Man City have been given the additional seats on the away side... i've since found out they are seats used for away hospitality when the top part of the South stand is open for guests... which it still isn't... so why couldn't we have those seats as they are no different to the rest and are linked to the same exit!

:lol::rolleyes:

1st one I agree....2nd one scored a very good goal, 3rd one set it up!

Oh dear. His shot was blocked and Emerton scored the rebound. I suppose his mis-hit that fell into Tevez's path in our 4-1 defeat at City was a "set-up" as well?

Couple of things Ben, look back and you will find an apology for the dimwit remark, I was lashed up.

If you were at the game then prior to the game the lashers were selling tickets for the part of the ground you mention had the empoty seats, they were being purchased by both Rovers and Blackpool fans, they were not empty Rovers seats, we kinow this because we had 2 people with us after the game who paid £35 to get in.

Rovers sold all allocated tickets. Blackpool didnt.

I was remarkably restrained - though we had given ourselves away when Blackpool scored and we remained seated :blush: - as did the many other Rovers fans in the home end of the East Stand. To be honest I get sick of away fans in the home ends at Ewood celebrating - so I think the home fans at Blackpool deserved some respect (and not to rub their noses in it).

Even though we were at the far end of the East Stand - the away fans did us proud. They sounded even louder when I watched Footie First. A few Blackpool fans seem to have remarked how vocal our away support was - must be almost as loud as the DE :rover:

For a big game, the Rovers away support takes some beating- even the Dingles acknowledged it after the game at their hovel. Non stop chanting, bouncing, superb.

Alas, such raucous occasions are few and far between these days.

Couple of things Ben, look back and you will find an apology for the dimwit remark, I was lashed up.

If you were at the game then prior to the game the lashers were selling tickets for the part of the ground you mention had the empoty seats, they were being purchased by both Rovers and Blackpool fans, they were not empty Rovers seats, we kinow this because we had 2 people with us after the game who paid £35 to get in.

Rovers sold all allocated tickets. Blackpool didnt.

No worries about the remark... i've probably done the same after a few :D

I knew we'd sold our allocation, my point was there were empty seats next to our fans that we could have sold... it doesn't really matter, was just thinking of the fellow fans who missed out.

To be fair Blackpool's arrangements have been a shambles, what with that and the screen blocking 200 seats!

For a big game, the Rovers away support takes some beating- even the Dingles acknowledged it after the game at their hovel. Non stop chanting, bouncing, superb.

Alas, such raucous occasions are few and far between these days.

Got to agree... I may have posted this already but you could feel that stand moving... especially when the 2nd went it!

Nope, I must be on his ignore list......or maybe he's realised that Givet & Samba get beaten in the air by shorter players too ;)

No I just think they are better defenders :P . Also Samba hit the post & unfortunately had a goal disallowed so he saved himself with that :P . Also when Samba was beaten in the air, they didnt score :tu:

Also another point - How come most of the stewards were from Ewood too?

Ben - Those tickets were not ours, Blackpool had them on sale! FACT!

We had a great day, enjoyed the game, weather, atmosphere etc only to return to the car to find some little oik had poured paint stripper over it. Complete respray needed.

I shall enjoy Blackpool's relegation more than most!

We had a great day, enjoyed the game, weather, atmosphere etc only to return to the car to find some little oik had poured paint stripper over it. Complete respray needed.

If it's been paint stripped no matter how many times you respray it air bubbles will appear underneath and the paint will continuously crack and look horrible. I suggust the second it's been resprayed you try to sell it.

If it's been paint stripped no matter how many times you respray it air bubbles will appear underneath and the paint will continuously crack and look horrible. I suggust the second it's been resprayed you try to sell it.

Really? Do you know why this is?

As it happens I am looking for a new car. After this incident I was thinking I might not bother with the respray and simply put it through the auctions - car sellers aren't too interested in a trade-in with 150,000 on the clock in 4 years!!

Really? Do you know why this is?

As it happens I am looking for a new car. After this incident I was thinking I might not bother with the respray and simply put it through the auctions - car sellers aren't too interested in a trade-in with 150,000 on the clock in 4 years!!

Something along the lines of, no matter how long you leave it the metal of the car will always soak up particles of the paint stripper, and as soon as the car touches oxygen this sets off a reaction which makes the metal begin to strip the paint from the inside (so to speak) I know two lads who've had it done, one of which while driving his dads 08 plate merc, both have had to sell their cars.

Thanks, I'll have a close word with the body shop. It appears, though I'm no expert, that the paint isn't eaten right through. This might be because it's a metalic finish and has a protective coating over the paint surface?

Anyway best not divert this too far off topic. Apologies to one and all.

That's a great shame and really pathetic. Was it completely random or were they able to identify it it as a "Rovers car"?

That's a great shame and really pathetic. Was it completely random or were they able to identify it it as a "Rovers car"?

The number plate has "Perry's of Blackburn" on it. They also did the very expensive looking Jag in front who was a Rover as well. Scottish gentleman, didn't get his name though.

No I just think they are better defenders :P . Also Samba hit the post & unfortunately had a goal disallowed so he saved himself with that :P . Also when Samba was beaten in the air, they didnt score :tu:

I'm glad you noted that Samba was beaten in the air too :o Who would have thought that hey? And what about Givet? He was beaten in the air by a shorter player in the Villa game but because you think he is a better defender you don't criticise him the same way you criticise Nelsen, which is a little unfair.....you just make me defend Nelsen ;) The bottom line is, they all get beaten in the air.

Sorry to hear about your car Paul, I was planning on driving but decided to go on the train, I'm glad I did now but waiting for the train @ Preston was quite scary. I heard some lads on the phone asking for "Police Assistance" they said they'd been hit.

Thanks, I'll have a close word with the body shop. It appears, though I'm no expert, that the paint isn't eaten right through. This might be because it's a metalic finish and has a protective coating over the paint surface?

Anyway best not divert this too far off topic. Apologies to one and all.

Can you not claim off your insurance Paul?

Can you not claim off your insurance Paul?

I can claim, it's a balancing act though. As I do a huge mileage, 150,000 miles on a car purchased in March 06, the vehicle's value is very low. En route to Blackpool I visited three garages to discuss part exchange for a new car!!!! So the debate is will the loss of no claims bonus be outweighed by the trade-in value etc. I'm off to the garage tomorrow to discuss it with them!

Archived