BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching emo's goal. From what I can see he looks on a line with the last man. Certainly not the obvious offside that was being touted by the pundits.

Great atmosphere yesterday. My voice has gone and throat is sore. Good times..

Well; what a sweet day that was, especially for those of us with Blackpool connections! It was particularly sweet for anyone who, like me, no longer goes to enough away games to qualify for a ticket from Ewood and had to blag a ticket among Blackpool supporters. I was in the Jimmy Armfield stand and had a great view of Bert's winner.

I agree with those [including my Blackpool season-ticket-holder pal sitting next to me] who say that, overall, we deserved to win.

Unusually for me, I've watched "Match of the Day" twice this weekend - I usually only watch the repeat on Sunday morning; but I thought I'd treat myself!! I'm now wondering if we can nominate Charlie Adam for goal of the season. How did he find all that space in the Box? Who was supposed to be marking him? And what a cracking header!! :rolleyes:

there were NO empty seats in our end you dimwit, look closely its sealed off due to a large tv screen being in the way.

No he's right. If you watch the highlights there is an empty block towards the center of the stand. I didn't notice it at the game ... but it didn't look good on tv. Why were we not given these tickets? I shall bring it up at the next FF.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're getting at? What's hard for me to take exactly?

My meaning is completely clear but I'll spell it out for you. What's so hard for you to take is Sam getting any credit. He's entitled to be happy with is substitutions. Isn't he? :rolleyes:

MOM was without a doubt Phil Jones. Was everywhere for the whole game. Very, very good.

Not certain about Jones in midfield - his drive and work ethic is unbelievable - but at times he does look like a centre-half playing midfield - and needs to learn to keep the ball better. Having said that - he will without doubt end up a better player for his time in midfield - I just hope he stays at Rovers long enough for us to benefit.

Game overall - I think we just deserved to win - but only just. We were in control for large parts of the game - but with our usual inability to score the decisive goal.

For those that think Diouf MOM - I think he had a good game - but if Olsson had have found himself in the same positions that Diouf did his pace would have ripped the Blackpool defence to pieces. Diouf's lack of genuine pace is a problem - especially when Givet is left back. For all the times that he find himself on the halfway line in space - he really should have produced a decisive pass to win the game.

For those that think Diouf MOM - I think he had a good game - but if Olsson had have found himself in the same positions that Diouf did his pace would have ripped the Blackpool defence to pieces. Diouf's lack of genuine pace is a problem - especially when Givet is left back. For all the times that he find himself on the halfway line in space - he really should have produced a decisive pass to win the game.

What gives Diouf the edge above so many of our players is his ability to retain possession. When the team need an out ball he is always available and, while he may not be the quickest, he has the ability to beat defenders and get in decent crosses. When he doesn't have support, he can retain the ball and often entice defenders into fouling him and win a free-kick. He's had a great start to this season and I thought he was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch yesterday.

Thanks for singling me out! I'll be sure to remember that next time you post your latest embarrassingly biased defence of Nelsen .... ;)

It felt like it was undeserved at the timelistening to Radio Lancs, but on balance we probably shaded it. My mate who was there said we 'just about' deserved to win which I posted later (and you obviously didn't read).

You were quick to comment even though you didn't go to the game. I know a couple of Blackpool fans who went to the game and they were disappointed with Blackpool's performance.

How have I been biased? I am only fair with my defence for Nelsen. If you read the Carling Cup thread I actually said he should have done better for Villa's first goal, I have said before if he'd not played well or had a bad game. It's when people single Nelsen out, I've actually proved this in the Carling Cup thread, there was hardly any mention of Givet when Ashley Young scored Villa's second, they don't seem to admit when the other defenders make a mistake.

What gives Diouf the edge above so many of our players is his ability to retain possession. When the team need an out ball he is always available and, while he may not be the quickest, he has the ability to beat defenders and get in decent crosses. When he doesn't have support, he can retain the ball and often entice defenders into fouling him and win a free-kick. He's had a great start to this season and I thought he was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch yesterday.

I think you are talking about our player, whereas I think the other contributor was talking about the M.U. player.

But of course I could be wrong.

No he's right. If you watch the highlights there is an empty block towards the center of the stand. I didn't notice it at the game ... but it didn't look good on tv. Why were we not given these tickets? I shall bring it up at the next FF.

There was an empty block but it was behind the screen so I presume they deliberately didn't sell them. As ours was only the second home game and Fulham wouldn't have filled them anyway we won't know whether we were treated differently than other clubs until the next game comes along. If City really have got 2,300 then we need to raise it at the FF. Not that anything can be done unless they stay up.

The mniddle block is the "corporate" seating allegedly. I apologise for the dimwit remark, when beers in wits out !

Blackppol donkeys are not allowed to sell the seats that are obscured by the tv stand and if the lasher fan who we spoke to yesterday is to be beleived the stand is positioned too far to the right !

Anyhow, Blackpool fans have nothing to be grievous about. Rovers were the better prepared and are far more experienced. Yes they will get results at times but they have a lot to learn. Our fans were a creedit yesterday its just a pity the lashers are ot as proud as they make out to be.

Further to that, for them to make adverse comments about BRFC makes me laugh, what the hell do they know about football in the upper echelons ???????

Anyhow Blackpool stinks :rolleyes:

After watching emo's goal. From what I can see he looks on a line with the last man. Certainly not the obvious offside that was being touted by the pundits.

Great atmosphere yesterday. My voice has gone and throat is sore. Good times..

Bothered. It happens to us more often than not - like the Fulham goal. The free kick leading up to it was never a free kick.

My meaning is completely clear but I'll spell it out for you. What's so hard for you to take is Sam getting any credit. He's entitled to be happy with is substitutions. Isn't he? :rolleyes:

Not hard for me to take at all - I've given him credit where it's due in the past. Luck was the biggest factor yesterday though - he could have made the same subs another 10 times and we might not have scored, and in every other game where we've employed the same gameplan this season (bar Everton) it hasn't worked.

You were quick to comment even though you didn't go to the game. I know a couple of Blackpool fans who went to the game and they were disappointed with Blackpool's performance.

How have I been biased? I am only fair with my defence for Nelsen. If you read the Carling Cup thread I actually said he should have done better for Villa's first goal, I have said before if he'd not played well or had a bad game. It's when people single Nelsen out, I've actually proved this in the Carling Cup thread, there was hardly any mention of Givet when Ashley Young scored Villa's second, they don't seem to admit when the other defenders make a mistake.

My comments - as I said before - were what it felt like listening to the Radio and having been under the cosh for 10 minutes. My mate was there, said we 'just about' deserved to win, so fair enough.

RIML - read your own posts back - your defence of Nelsen is bordering on the fanatical sometimes. Are you somehow related to him? ;)

Archived