BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost bloody Radio Rovers for the last 5 minutes!! I pay 4 quid a month for that. It's 4 quid I'll be having back now!

On a happier note - YAY, GET IN THERE. WOO HOO.

I was VERY wary of this banana skin game, especially since they've started the season like a house on fire (like B*rnley last year).

From the commentary I DID receive, it sounded as though Kalinic has let us down in front of goal again. What a shame we couldn't manage to get our hands on that mystery striker who was probably much sharper in front of goal...... !

Anyway, a win's a win and this was a game we had to win.

We had more shots on target and off target than Blackpool, we were 50/50 possession wise just after half time for the match so it was pretty even.

EHD star man for me, ran his socks off and delivered some great balls.

The manager is there to be criticized, if we had drawn/lost the match a heap of posters on here would have said "Emerton and Benjani" useless subs, so with that in mind, he deserves credit for the fact that the subs worked, surely?

8 points from 6 games is not bad at all at this stage of the season, we need Dunn back as we do really miss him, but you could visibly see the team was lacking confidence when we went 1-0 up, this is obviously due to the numerous leads that we have lost over the last few weeks, but hopefully this will sorted now that we have won.

I wasn't knee-jerk. I pretty much called it right from about 1.30pm this afternoon! ;)

Looks like me, you and Sam were wrong though... I'm happy to add. :D

I didn't mean it was you that was knee jerk Jisty - but what did me and Sam get wrong?

The bloke reporting on Final Score on BBC 1 who was actually at the game ...seems to think a Rovers victory was fully deserved

Rovers did fully deserve the win over the 90 minutes. We played very well in the first half and should have been two or three up at half time. Blackpool were bound to apply pressure at some stage and got an equaliser after a sustained spell of pressure but Emerton's goal was a fair reflection of the run of play over the whole game.

The bloke reporting on Final Score on BBC 1 who was actually at the game ...seems to think a Rovers victory was fully deserved

So did the sky reporters.

Rovers are 8th in the table. deserved or not (a matter of opinion) I don't care. Just happy Rovers won, won an away game, a derby game. Without spending any money on players in the transfer window, Rovers are 8th and only 3 points away from top 4.

I suggest it is possible we will not be able to say that again as the season progresses, so I will take it now.

Kalinic didn't seem to enough again today, doesnt win enough headers and impose himself enough.

Good result, finally we have gone 1-0 up and ended up as winners, just! Superb stuff from Brett, never lets us down that lad no matter what bad things people may say about him!

My mate is there and said we definitely deserved it. Blackpool on top until we scored, and after they scored but he said we looked far more comfortable sitting back against Blackpool than we have against anyone else we've tried it against. Vital 3 points given our upcoming fixtures.

Can we get Ince back ?

:lol:

Completely undeserved, but I guess this & the Man City result make up for the ones v. Arse & the big club. As the saying goes: everything equals out.

I like Brett, but even with the goal (which maybe should not have counted) he was absolutely awful today.

Funniest part of all this: Regardless of the results of this weekend's remaining matches, we'll be 3 points out of 3rd. :D

I lost bloody Radio Rovers for the last 5 minutes!! I pay 4 quid a month for that. It's 4 quid I'll be having back now!

On a happier note - YAY, GET IN THERE. WOO HOO.

I was VERY wary of this banana skin game, especially since they've started the season like a house on fire (like B*rnley last year).

From the commentary I DID receive, it sounded as though Kalinic has let us down in front of goal again. What a shame we couldn't manage to get our hands on that mystery striker who was probably much sharper in front of goal...... !

Anyway, a win's a win and this was a game we had to win.

I also lost the last 5 minutes on radio rovers

Well deserved 3 points. Robinson didn't have to make a save until the 85th min. 50/50 possession, but we were in control. Miss by MGP in the middle and some poor defending by Givet gave them the equaliser. Brilliant goal by Emerton after 93 min.

My MOM has to be EH Diouf, we were always looking to produce something when he had the ball.

Good point. I look forward to hearing from the mb members who were there.

Alan McAnaly (SSN) who was also at the match and giving running reports every few minutes had Rovers as the best team for the all the first half and the majority of the second half. In fact all but the last 12 mins or so.

Personally I thought we probably just deserved the three points. Very close though. Got lucky with the second goal as Emerton was offside initially.

Main positive for me was EH Diouf who was utterly fantastic. Givet, Salgado, Samba, Robinson all had good games too. Kalinic was good in first half, Benjani was decent when he came on - looks a a much better acquisition than I thought.

Main issue for me is that thee was zero quality through the centre of midfield. Pedersen was poor again - after a good start to the season he seems to have gone off the boil once again which is very worrying with Dunn out injured. Rovers need to find a way to move and retain the ball better- we were utterly dependent of EH Diouf holding up the ball today, if he had an off day we would have been in serious trouble.

Archived