BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank GOODNESS! I thought this was going to be yet another game where we can't hold onto a lead.

This was an important result. Another draw against the likes of Blackpool and we are looking at a bad season.

There are key games which define a season. This could be one of them.

You're all idiots according to Jim Mk2. It's nothing to do with BFS, it's the players fault. :rolleyes:

Correction: I said you were an idiot, which you are par excellence. The rest of 'em are mere fools to judge from the reaction to Blackpool's equaliser..

2-1 final.

Welcome win all thanks to the manager's tactical genius.

2-1!! Probably undeserved but we'll take it!!

Sam will be so full of himself now in the press conference it'll be sickening. "I'm a tactical genius for bring Emerton on and him scoring. It was all down to me." ;)

I'm sorry but please just shut up and be happy we've won. Stupid post!

Just seen Emertons goal again, great finish! Though we got lucky as he was offside in the build up to it. The only thing that ruined it was Fat Sam doing his gay cowboy dance, very scary, and made me think that maybe The_BigSam is actually Sam!

I've backed him until now but I'm beginning to doubt Sam and a lucky win with a last minute mis hit goal does not justify the tacticts. Come on Sam do something positive for a change.

I agree with this somewhat. Sam is the coach for us, but some adjustments need to be made.

He was getting at me all Wednesday night, have a look at the thread.

I'll leave it to the pair of you then.

Can't believe we got away with that one. Sam really needs to take a look at his approach when we are in the lead. He was very fortunate today.

We're 8th - level with Fulham and Tottenham - but as someone said, keep doing that and it's going to be a season of long, nerve-racking afternoons.

Hope the knee-jerkers feel appropriately silly.

Especially the guys asking for Ince back :lol:

Don't be daft, we were very lucky. For long periods Rovers were abysmal.

Just thankful that we've got the points but he really should stop trying to get them to defend for long periods, especially against what should be considered inferior opposition.

Sam will be so full of himself now in the press conference it'll be sickening. "I'm a tactical genius for bring Emerton on and him scoring. It was all down to me." ;)

Correction: I said you were an idiot, which you are par excellence. The rest of 'em are mere fools to judge from the reaction to Blackpool's equaliser..

2-1 final.

Welcome win all thanks to the manager's tactical genius.

Jim. FOAD. Please.

Ignoring all the ridiculous knee jerk posts, - a well deserved win. Better team throughout.

I wasn't knee-jerk. I pretty much called it right from about 1.30pm this afternoon! ;)

Looks like me, you and Sam were wrong though... I'm happy to add. :D

Oh believe me I'm happy we've won, but it is just papering over the cracks a little. The tactics seem to be exactly the same in every game - the only variable appears to be luck. Today it went our way.

what an insane game. I'm going to call Emerton useles every time he comes on now - he almost got a 2nd goal at the end.

thank every God that we won won this though! when they equalized it seemed like we had just played out another script. There is little sense and logic in what we do after we get a lead. It might seem like a good idea if we score against Chelsea in the 85th minute, but hanging on for more than an entire half will very rarely work. We must, must, must change our style of play.

starmen - Robinson for keeping out two clear goals. Jones, Samba and Salgado worked hard. El-Hadji provided the most threat probably.

But if we have to use a third striker, we have to see if Roberts is willing to come back. Benjani looks every bit as slow as we thought he was going to be.

Rovers deserved the result, especially for the first half. Though did hang on in the second half. Anyway, deserved or not Rovers got a victory and that is what matters to me.

I've backed him until now but I'm beginning to doubt Sam and a lucky win with a last minute mis hit goal does not justify the tacticts. Come on Sam do something positive for a change.

Agreed.

This season has been a very odd one so far. Last we often started matches poorly and went behind (remember there was a run of games, including Burnley at home, where the opposition scored first every time) but we could defend a lead as well as anyone. This season the opposite is true. Right now after playing a fair cross section of the Premier League we're 8th.

However even if you add 3 points onto that for points lost Birmingham (shouldve been at least a draw) and Fulham (shouldve hung onto our lead) and we'd currently be in 4th slot, sitting pretty with Man City having got 11 pts from 6 games.

I'd back Sam to repair the damage because as I said it's only a recent problem for us, but I do worry that he'll gloss this over just because we've won and won't accept he's doing anything wrong till we start slipping down the table.

Archived