BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

Mr E - read my comments again and understand the basis of the point and the argument I am making.

You are wrong and so is Phil Jones.

Had someone said we would get a point at Blackpool earlier this morning it should not have been seen as a disaster . Anybody who did see it so is unrealistic on their expectations.

A good chance for three points - yes. An absolute must win - no.

Anyway I've made my point. I'm off out for a celebratory pint or two.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

read this and shut up already:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2163817,00.html

Tickets were snapped up quickly for the first meeting between the two famous old clubs and Jones can't wait to be part of it.

"Now we take on Blackpool and it is an absolutely massive game - a big three pointer. We have to win the game, we know we do.

"But I think we respond well to pressure and hopefully we can do that on Saturday.

"With it being a local derby, there's obviously more riding on it than just the three points.

"Our supporters will obviously be looking forward to it. They won't be too pleased with the result against Villa, so hopefully we can turn that around against Blackpool and get the three points.

"Their supporters will be up for it, but hopefully we'll have a good crowd behind us too. It'll be a very tough game and one that we need to be focused on from the start if we want to win the game.

"They've made a great start to the season. Obviously it will be a difficult game going to Bloomfield Road, but one we know we have to win."

People who think Benjani is a "decent player" probably think the same of Heskey.

But then Heskey was instrumental in our defeat at Villa midweek

Absolutely fantastic day out. Would love to go again. Really good atmosphere with the away fans. Those that said we didn't deserve to win. RUBBISH, we were the better team for all of 5 mins at beginning of the game and the last 10 minutes. Highlight of the day. The half naked E-H-Diouf and Givet running into the tunnel after chucking their tops and shorts into the fans.

MOM was without a doubt Phil Jones. Was everywhere for the whole game. Very, very good.

Tangerine

Tangerine

Your mums a cracko

Your dads a queen.

Holloway very complimentary of us in his post-match interview, fair play to him. Seems like a decent chap.

Very gracious in defeat for anyone who hasn't seen it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9033620.stm

Sam's post-match interview too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9033569.stm

There's only one thing better than a good manager, and that's a lucky manager. Cross your fingers real tight, and we could enjoy another reasonable season with that lady on our side.

I think I must have watched a different match, sure we deserved to win but didn't have a shot on target in the first half. Then the own goal went in and we tried to hold onto it for the rest of the game, continually losing the ball. Hoofing it like the ball was red hot. They seemed to be playing 433, but yet at times our midfield were overrun. Emerton was awful but got the match winner.

I'm very glad we got the three points but against superior opposition with those tactics we are going to get turned over. Its a shame because in the moments we got the ball down and played, we looked good but that was few and far between. I felt the win was more luck than judgement. Sorry if that offends some people on here but there is some real hysterics about how we played so well, mainly from people who listened on the radio or didnt see it at all. We weren't great and if we play like that again we will get beat, leading to people being very disappointed as there are some who obviously feel we've turned a corner.

I want to believe it was a brilliant performance but I just thought it was another poor performance but extremely happy that we have come away with 3 points and pleased we are back in the top half , sorry :unsure:

I'm very glad we got the three points but against superior opposition with those tactics we are going to get turned over

Personal opinion of course, but particuarly when away from home, I think against "better" opposition we will be lucky to win many games - I simply do not think we are good enough regardless of tactics.

Of course my opinion is not allowing for an improvment in the team, as I am making my view more on last season.

To get results away from home, we need to be more resilient and do not think we have the midfield for that - even our defence gets caught out napping too often. Plus we don't top quality in an attacking sense, a Bellamy for example, who can do something out of nothing.

You need more genuine quality to have decent away form, hence why many of the lower/mid table teams have average away records in the Premier League.

Rovers deserved the result, especially for the first half. Though did hang on in the second half. Anyway, deserved or not Rovers got a victory and that is what matters to me.

MarkBRFC71 and the others who said it was 'probably undeserved' are talking crap. We hit the post, had a goal disallowed. Blackpool only really tested us late on in the second half.

Diouf was quality again, Jones was amazing, he was the first player to celebrate with us after the game, Nelsen did a little dance and Givet got his designer underwear out, the best away day ever. Tangerine, tangerine........

Oh and I just had to do this to my neighbour's car (he's a Blackpool Season Ticket holder)

IMG_1478-1.jpg

A thoroughly deserved victory and one which might have been more comfortable with a little bit of luck in the right area. I thought Jones was very unfortunate not to score when his header was kept out by the 'keepers feet.

We looked a much improved side from the performance against Fulham and, out course, there was no second half fade out as there had been on Wednesday. I think the back four we had out today is without question our strongest and Samba seems happier with Nelsen alongside him. Salgado was very cute in the way in which he continued to win free-kicks when we came under pressure - I suppose that's the value of experience.

The midfield was better with Nzonzi involved, although I felt that he and Jones were beginning to feel the pressure in the second half. Pedersen, who has had a decent start to the season, wasn't at his best today and was caught out in the move that led to the Blackpool goal.

I thought the manager got his substitions spot on today. Emerton looked very good when he replaced MB Diouf at half-time and worked hard on the right flank in both attack and defence. I also thought the decision to replace Nzonzi with Andrews worked out well as both Jones and Nzonzi were beginning to come under increasing pressure. Having said that, I felt Nzonzi looked pretty good in midfield and will hopefully retain his place if he continues to show the form he did last season.

However, although there were several good displays, I felt that El-Hadji Diouf was outstanding today. He really has looked a quality act this season and today he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. His non-stop running down the left wing and his ability to retain possession, despite being surrounded at times by the opposition, was a major factor in our victory. This season he has shown what a really good signing he has been for the club.

Good point. I look forward to hearing from the mb members who were there.

We were the better side today. We didn't play particularly well in the second half but we had our chances and all in all we deserved the three points. Having read the minute my minute feed I'm glad all the clowns moaning about us were sat behind their computers instead of moaning at the ground. Fantastic support today and a brilliant away day. Woohoo!!!

I think I must have watched a different match, sure we deserved to win but didn't have a shot on target in the first half. Then the own goal went in and we tried to hold onto it for the rest of the game, continually losing the ball. Hoofing it like the ball was red hot. They seemed to be playing 433, but yet at times our midfield were overrun. Emerton was awful but got the match winner.

I'm very glad we got the three points but against superior opposition with those tactics we are going to get turned over. Its a shame because in the moments we got the ball down and played, we looked good but that was few and far between. I felt the win was more luck than judgement. Sorry if that offends some people on here but there is some real hysterics about how we played so well, mainly from people who listened on the radio or didnt see it at all. We weren't great and if we play like that again we will get beat, leading to people being very disappointed as there are some who obviously feel we've turned a corner.

I want to believe it was a brilliant performance but I just thought it was another poor performance but extremely happy that we have come away with 3 points and pleased we are back in the top half , sorry :unsure:

It was by no means a brilliant performance but we were the better team and should really have had the game sewn up before injury time. I thought today that Sam got his substitutions spot on. Mame Diouf was completely ineffectual in the first half, particularly defensively and the result was that Crainey had lots of space to get forward. Replacing him with Emerton cut that off. When Taylor-Fletcher started to run through the midfield in the second half he brought on Andrews for Nzonzi which stopped the problem. He could easily have taken Jones off for the same effect. Benjani for the tiring Kalinic brought some spark in the last quarter. It always looked like he would get another but we could have done with it being a bit sooner than injury time.

Just watched MOTD... empty seats in our end... why the hell were we not given the full allocation? Or was it a case of the extra tickets being held back for corporates that didn't turn up?

Man City's site say they have been allocated 2,300 for their game... where were the missing 400 tickets for us? if i'd have missed out i'd be well ####ed off :angry2:

One for the next Fan's Forum I think!

Mr E, I base my view on benji on what I have seen so far at rovers and it has been positive, as I said before will do a decent job for us, had a partial assist today you know....

And that Piquonne (sp?) isn't too bad either is he? Maybe Sam's not such an idiot after all.

there were NO empty seats in our end you dimwit, look closely its sealed off due to a large tv screen being in the way.

Great day out and just arrived back totally aled up.

You have to say one thing, Blackpool are not geared for an away support like ours and especially not for the 4 big boys who will come to town.

Not too fussed abou the game, we won end of.

Anyone else noted that smell that lingers around blackpool? It really is a hovel, its fans are truly moronic and jusy are not up for any banter.

Tangerine tangerine

your mums a crack whore and your dads a queen.

truly a quality chant.

Finally, Rovers fan everywhere. Nice to bump into scotty again .

Dreading tomorrow morning :mellow:

MarkBRFC71 and the others who said it was 'probably undeserved' are talking crap. We hit the post, had a goal disallowed. Blackpool only really tested us late on in the second half.

Diouf was quality again, Jones was amazing, he was the first player to celebrate with us after the game, Nelsen did a little dance and Givet got his designer underwear out, the best away day ever. Tangerine, tangerine........

Oh and I just had to do this to my neighbour's car (he's a Blackpool Season Ticket holder)

Thanks for singling me out! I'll be sure to remember that next time you post your latest embarrassingly biased defence of Nelsen .... ;)

It felt like it was undeserved at the timelistening to Radio Lancs, but on balance we probably shaded it. My mate who was there said we 'just about' deserved to win which I posted later (and you obviously didn't read).

Congratulations Sam, brilliant choices. Andrews, Emerton, and Benjani. 3 of the most useless players in the entire Premiership.

Great stuff Mr E (and your mate!).

2-1!! Probably undeserved but we'll take it!!

Sam will be so full of himself now in the press conference it'll be sickening. "I'm a tactical genius for bring Emerton on and him scoring. It was all down to me." ;)

Yes it must be very hard for you to take! :D

Archived