BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

Never thought I would ever say this but.....EH Diouf was superb yesterday. he was a real threat every time he got the ball and kept running at the full back and putting good crosses in. His best performance at Rovers by far. In fact I'm in a state of shock about it, I wander what he is doing differently because he looks so much faster and more determined than he has since he joined us.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not hard for me to take at all - I've given him credit where it's due in the past. Luck was the biggest factor yesterday though - he could have made the same subs another 10 times and we might not have scored, and in every other game where we've employed the same gameplan this season (bar Everton) it hasn't worked.

My comments - as I said before - were what it felt like listening to the Radio and having been under the cosh for 10 minutes. My mate was there, said we 'just about' deserved to win, so fair enough.

RIML - read your own posts back - your defence of Nelsen is bordering on the fanatical sometimes. Are you somehow related to him? ;)

I said you were talking crap and you've pretty much admitted you were wrong anyway.

I'm a football fanatic, especially about Rovers, what's wrong with that?

My comments - as I said before - were what it felt like listening to the Radio and having been under the cosh for 10 minutes. My mate was there, said we 'just about' deserved to win, so fair enough.

RIML - read your own posts back - your defence of Nelsen is bordering on the fanatical sometimes. Are you somehow related to him? ;)

I forgot to mention.....maybe you should read your own posts back about Sam Allardyce, I'm fanatical about the players, the club, the manager, you're just critical ;)

I forgot to mention.....maybe you should read your own posts back about Sam Allardyce, I'm fanatical about the players, the club, the manager, you're just critical ;)

Where it's due. It's because I care too much probably, and it pains me watching the way we play sometimes. I don't blindly follow everything the club does - if I feel something isn't right, I'll say so. I think having been a season ticket holder, and having followed us the length and breadth of this country and in Europe since 1982 I've earned that right.

They do say opposites attract ;)

She's Ryan's - I've got no chance. ;)

Just watched MOTD... empty seats in our end... why the hell were we not given the full allocation? Or was it a case of the extra tickets being held back for corporates that didn't turn up?

Man City's site say they have been allocated 2,300 for their game... where were the missing 400 tickets for us? if i'd have missed out i'd be well ####ed off :angry2:

One for the next Fan's Forum I think!

Very strange this.If true, its wrong that many genuine supporters missed out for the corporates.

First half and the middle section (E section 'hospitality' I do believe) was virtually empty bar a few shirt and tie types.....Second half it gradually filled with our supporters!

Blackpool fans come across as bad losers btw judging by some of thier comments :rolleyes:

For all the times that he find himself on the halfway line in space - he really should have produced a decisive pass to win the game.

Agree with the gist of your post, but the cross that Jones almost scored from was pretty much perfect. He's not the type of winger that will skin a full back and whip in an early cross (we haven't had one of those for a while!) but if we had decent target men I reckon EHD would get a better press.

there were NO empty seats in our end you dimwit, look closely its sealed off due to a large tv screen being in the way.

Have you even watched the highlights? As well as the sectioned off bit at the end there were empty seats in the block nearest to the middle of the stand in our section.

Also, as I pointed out, Man C allocated 2,300 compared to our 1,900 :rolleyes:

Dimwit you say? :lol:

Been reading a few Pool fans complaining about the referee being biased towards Rovers. Personally I thought he tried to let the game go - there was some challenges that normally would gain free kicks - but I thought that applied to both sides. What did other fans who went think ?

As for our second goal - there is no way that Diouf could have been classed as interfering with play - only question is about Emerton - it was close I must admit.

Also - after watching Footie First - surprised how much football we actually played during the match - it must get lost amongst the hoofs over 90 minutes :-)

P.S. Last time I sit amongst home fans - it is so frustrating not being able to react. Though I think we gave ourselves away by not celebrating when Blackpool scored :rover:

Now he will be upset.

He won't. I'll try not to mention him too much, since I haven't had a response from Hughesy about the Carling Cup game. The Nelsen comments mean nothing to me now because I've proven it's one rule for Nelsen and another rule for the other defenders ;)

photo number 2 from the gallery on the Official Rovers site is a cracker, just look at those donkey lasher fans with their heads in their hands after the own goal....magic!

Been reading a few Pool fans complaining about the referee being biased towards Rovers. Personally I thought he tried to let the game go - there was some challenges that normally would gain free kicks - but I thought that applied to both sides. What did other fans who went think ?

As for our second goal - there is no way that Diouf could have been classed as interfering with play - only question is about Emerton - it was close I must admit.

Also - after watching Footie First - surprised how much football we actually played during the match - it must get lost amongst the hoofs over 90 minutes :-)

P.S. Last time I sit amongst home fans - it is so frustrating not being able to react. Though I think we gave ourselves away by not celebrating when Blackpool scored :rover:

DMTP: yes must have been 94 mins of hell sat on your hands, but what did you do when Emerton scored and how did the Rovers fans sound and look from where you were?

:lol::rolleyes:

Congratulations Sam, brilliant choices. Andrews, Emerton, and Benjani. 3 of the most useless players in the entire Premiership.

1st one I agree....2nd one scored a very good goal, 3rd one set it up!

I hate football - 7 tines we have taken the lead into halftime an we have only won once!! Pathetic.

Times....Make that twice

We need another Blackpool error to score a goal. We usually only score when the other team makes a mistake or we foul someone.

Why the hell did we bring Andrews, Emerton and Banjoni on?

No Error & the last 2 showed why!

explain this ###### Sam, because again your tactics are ###### useless. wait, its a knee jerk reaction right?

Sure was - we won 2-1

Ignoring all the ridiculous knee jerk posts, - a well deserved win. Better team throughout.

Spot on Den.

The bloke reporting on Final Score on BBC 1 who was actually at the game ...seems to think a Rovers victory was fully deserved

Thats the difference - people who actually attend & can see what goes on, rather than have a heart attack to every moment of a game on here.

It took two top class saves from Robbo to stop Blackpool from scoring in the second half, on another day he might not have got close to them. We won but i cannot agree that we were by far the better team.

2 top class saves? They were the only saves he made, the 2nd was a simply tip over but he did a camera save. Where as Samba scored a perfectly good goal which was disallowed, hit the post, Kalinic missed a good chance, Jones has a top header which was saved, Emerton had another good effort saved...etc etc

Im sorry but if you attended the game it was clear we have by far a better team & that Blackpool will indeed struggle to stay up.

Have you even watched the highlights? As well as the sectioned off bit at the end there were empty seats in the block nearest to the middle of the stand in our section.

Also, as I pointed out, Man C allocated 2,300 compared to our 1,900 :rolleyes:

Dimwit you say? :lol:

Yes

That was the home hospitality end which went on sale on their site. Not our allocation.

Here's what the fans are saying - Daily Mail

GREAT Lancs Derby. The Admiral and the Super Samba were awesome at the back and Emo's goal was a belter.

I agree with the latter but what did Nelsen and Samba do defensively? Givet and Salgado made a couple of good clearances and Robinson made two saves, other than that what did our defenders do? It implies that Blackpool put us under a lot of pressure defensively and that is so far from the truth....unless I missed something?

Match Highlights

Oh look Hughesy, Samba was beaten in the air by a shorter player, when Salgado cleared off the line ;)

Archived