BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about Sam's teamtalk - ever thought that it might be more to do with the opposition manager's teamtalk?

If you're winning and doing well at half time, your teamtalk can't be much more than 'more of the same boys'.

Yes. You're absolutely right.

In the Sunday League.

All this talk about Sam's teamtalk - ever thought that it might be more to do with the opposition manager's teamtalk?

If you're winning and doing well at half time, your teamtalk can't be much more than 'more of the same boys'.

Sorry but rubbish.

You have worked out what the opposition manager can do to change things so you prepare your players to counter those changes if they come and tell them what weaknesses you have spotted in the opposition which your lads can exploit to extend the lead.

I get the feeling Sam thinks his own players are very limited so he doesn't do much with them at half time except tell them to shut up shop.

If we do manage to hang on and win it will of course be because of a fine defensive display by the players.

If we only draw or lose it will of course be because of the manager's deficiencies.

Makes sense dunnit ?

West Brom 2 goals in 2mins at Arse.

Our diouf hasn't been too bad this season, probably one of our better players. M.Diouf i have been impressed with his work ethic but overall he hasn't been that great imo. To be fair though he is probably being played out of position, doesn't look like a winger/wing forward to me and i would rather see him up front with Niko but we all know that will never happen.

I think M Diouf has been putting in good performances for us, he's gotten on the end of the balls, created chances and scored a couple of goals now as well. Can't think of too much he's done wrong so far. E Diouf has been solid as well, some of his distribution and hold up play has been first class and pretty sure he's been Man of the Match at least once this season. They haven't really done anything to deserve to be dropped have they?

If we do manage to hang on and win it will of course be because of a fine defensive display by the players.

If we only draw or lose it will of course be because of the manager's deficiencies.

Makes sense dunnit ?

We're playing Blackpool not Chelsea. We shouldn't be setting our stall out to need heroic defending.

It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophesy where we allow opponents to build up a head of steam and puts unnecessary pressure on ourselves.

If that's the plan I prefer Andy's team talk!

Makes sense dunnit ?

Allardyce's press conference will be the exact opposite. If we win it'll be because he's a tactical genius and a manager in the same bracket as Alf Ramsay, Bob Paisley and Sir Alex, and if we lose it'll be because of the players, and them not doing as they were told.

Archived