BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than Grella being injured no changes. I realise it's hard to make changes to a successful team, but surely last week's performance gave Sam the reason/opportunity to make changes.

Think we're shoe-horning in two players at the moment Jones as defensive mid and Diouf 2 aas a winger, as neither seem fully suited to the role. I can understand Jones against a team that plays 3 up front and with N'Zonzi as his partner but really don't think Diouf 2 should be on the wing as he seems to be a goal poacher rather than anything else.

Think Holliet as an impact sub could have a good day against Blackpool's defence. Hopefully he and Olsson will make it onto the pitch at some point today.

Not conceding a goal should be the priority for any manager, in any league isn't it? He's probably realistic enough to know that we aren't actually full of goals ourselves, as well. As for a 1-0 win, well I'm sure he would take that, as would I. It simply doesn't follow that Allardyce wouldn't take 3 or 4 nil.

You've missed the point Den. The inference from Sam's statement is if we concede, we won't win!

Just read some interesting stats on the BBC's web coverage of today's game...

• Blackburn's Michel Salgado has won more tackles than anyone else in the league this season.

• Rovers have only won five of 31 Premier League away games under Sam Allardyce, but have lost just one of the last six.

• Blackburn have failed to manage more than 38% possession in their last three games.

Ahead again, great headed finish by the way.

Just a case of whether we can now go on and finish the opposition off or are we going to just allow them to adapt their tactics and get back into the game...?

You've missed the point Den. The inference from Sam's statement is if we concede, we won't win!

Nah, not having that Jisty. Don't concede is the first aim for any PL team - can't argue with that. The inferences are from Mr Jisty. Anyway, if we don't concede, we'll win.

Nah, not having that Jisty. Don't concede is the first aim for any PL team - can't argue with that. The inferences are from Mr Jisty. Anyway, if we don't concede, we'll win.

Wasn't me that said it, it was Sam!!

Anyway, right now you are right and I hope you remain so. Nervous though!

Archived