BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

Thank Christ for that response! Ive read some tosh on here, but that took the biscuit from AlanK.

Most Rovers fan quickly panic when results go awry because we realise that relegation would be a complete disaster, we won't be able to bounce back with Jack's backing, our wage bill would be crippling- think Boro, think Charlton.

Well then we better hoof it, Get Gamst to launch it, load the box, stick it in the mixer, anything to stay up. God forbid we play some bloody football. The premier league is not the be all and end all you may be suprised to learn. There is a whole world of football out there.

Just for the record, the way things are going it is inevitable that clubs are going to start merging to compete. Thats because its no longer about your local team taking on all comers. Its about money money money. Our wage bill must be ??? quarter of a mill a week ???

to watch that @#/??!? Like I said, I saw EXACTLY the same nonsense at Cheltenham this week.For tuppance.

Post edit.

Need to clarfiy. I do not wish relegation upon us. Why would I? But when you buy a season ticket for hundreds of pounds are you happy to see a desperate scramble every other week or would you like to see some football? Anyone remember Garner, Barker, Noel, Windy Miller, even bloody Lowe? Not the top division but we tried to knock it around. Seems to be to many people are spoilt on the prem and its just not that good.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbo kept the score respectable today with some outstanding saves, without him it could have been 7 or 8!

Same old story with the tactics, get the ball in midfield, pass it back to the defence and hoof it up the pitch. The way we play there is slim chance of any creativity in open play. 1 shot tells the story.

Emerton is so frustrating, he's quick and can run with the ball but just when you think he's going to skin someone he stops, faces back towards our goal and passes it back. Every bloody time!!

Ollson is a midfielder, much better attacking than defending imo.

Grella just isn't a footballer!

Poor Kalinic, I feel sorry for him because he could be brilliant if given some decent service.

Oh and get the "FAT SLUG LARDARSE OUT"

I'm pretty sure Sam is hurting as much as anybody, he is highly involved in the LMA (and respected) and will mix very often with other Premiership managers does anybody think he enjoys a glass of wine with them and proudly boasts about playing the way we play? I think he is doing the best he can with the shocking quality of midfield we own. Who in this squad and I mean this squad that could not be improved during the summer has that bit of a spark?

Dunn? When fit yes, superb at the start of last season and I think performances would be far better this season if he was fit.

Diouf? Holds the ball up well, has a few jinxing runs final ball isn't the best.

Pedersen? Awesome ... between 2005-07

N'Zonzi? Sideways and backwards passing only

Emerton? Head down too much

Andrews? God loves a trier.

Hoilett? No where near making the step up judging by recent performances.

Grella? Don't recall his superb passing range, never fit anyway!

Ollson? Been playing full back, not played too well this season.

I'm not saying I like hoofball, infact I detest it! I just don't see these quality ball playing players that people seem to think we possess. In Hughes's time we had Tugay, Bentley people who could pick great passes I don't ever really recall too many of the current crop of Midfielders in our squad to be of any standard when it comes to creative play.

I'm not blindly backing Sam, I just feel with this being a forum both sides of the coin should be considered.

The biggest problem with our tactics at the minute is that when plan A, (which is awful anyway) doesn't work, we don't seem to have a plan B and yesterday was a blatant example of this.

When we are losing we might as well go for it and see what happens.

Sam seems to send his team out in games like yesterday to lose by as few goals as possible instead of trying to win a match.

Lets not forget that under Sam we have beaten the traditional Big Four and also held them on many occasions.

However, yesterday we should have taken the game to them. Instead we couldnt get hold of the ball and when we did we gave it away immediately. Only in the last 20 minutes did we attempt to play and we caused them trouble. That's my problem - when we try to play, we usually cause teams trouble, can increase the tempo and put in dangerous balls in (even though we rarely capitalize on our dominance).

Ok mattyblue....... Before you get too insulting exactly what makes you (and your 2 mates at the time of writing) think Blackburn is worthy of a Prem Club without a serious benefactor willing to blow millions on us? Our crowds are good for the size of the town granted but way below the Premier League average and our gate / merchandise receipts are an embarrassment. We are almost having to give ground seats away. Without the Walker input 20 years ago we would never have seen the inside of the Prem League never mind win it.

So? Why do Sheffield Wednesday, or Leeds, or Forest deserve one either? They havent done it on or off the pitch, but as they are lucky to be plonked in a big city they should be there at our expense?

We deserve to be there, because we ARE there. You sound like the very worst kind of London hack.

Football is not the NFL, it is a competition where anybody- look at Burnley and Blackpool- can have a go at the top, not just those in the biggest potential markets.

The problem for me was that Maxi and Lucas Leiva looked proper footballers. When has that happened before?

The question is if we made liverpool good or the fact that they have got some confidence and are going to start and play football for the rest of the season. In fact a team with Gerrard, Torres, Meireles should be beating us quite easily.

The problem for me was that Maxi and Lucas Leiva looked proper footballers. When has that happened before?

The question is if we made liverpool good or the fact that they have got some confidence and are going to start and play football for the rest of the season. In fact a team with Gerrard, Torres, Meireles should be beating us quite easily.

Liverpool were always going to be on top form sunday what with a new owner and a lowly position in the table. It was our boffin big Sam who got it wrong, leading the easier led ones in our camp down the wrong path with some pre match bull aided by a poor team selection.

Ok mattyblue....... Before you get too insulting exactly what makes you (and your 2 mates at the time of writing) think Blackburn is worthy of a Prem Club without a serious benefactor willing to blow millions on us? Our crowds are good for the size of the town granted but way below the Premier League average and our gate / merchandise receipts are an embarrassment. We are almost having to give ground seats away. Without the Walker input 20 years ago we would never have seen the inside of the Prem League never mind win it.

Surely one could make the same argument for Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool, Stoke, Fulham? I haven't checked but my gut feeling is none of these clubs have particularly good crowds and presumably merchandise receipts?

Yeah, but you know as me that Maxi and Lucas are poor. IT is typical Rovers that when we play a team someone poor, debutant, just got back from injury type of player plays really good against us.

We did something yesterday that no team had achieved so far this season--we made Liverpool look like quite a good team.

Surely one could make the same argument for Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool, Stoke, Fulham? I haven't checked but my gut feeling is none of these clubs have particularly good crowds and presumably merchandise receipts?

errr..... With the exception of Blackpool they are all being bankrolled by a wealthy individual. The information for this summers in's and out's is freely available. Here ......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/5487742/Premier-League-Transfers-Summer-2010.html

Paul I'm actually gobsmacked that you actually made that post. I hope you have not turned into a bandwagon jumper. <_<

To stand still every club has to bring in new signings every year as the squad collectively is a year older and needs freshening up. To actually improve clubs need to bring in better players than the ones that are leaving. It's not difficult is it and rem we learned all these lessons the hard way post '95? In a nutshell we have had the taps turned off (and I don't blame the owners one bit, it's a tough financial climate and I've really no idea of their situation in it). But because of that and because the supporters will not / can not stump up the average income of the Premier clubs then we will reamin one of the poorest clubs in the division.... at least until we are out of it. Think 65/66.

Nonsense. Blackpool were favourites to get relegated last year and got promotion playing football. Their chairman quit within a month of premier league action because of the farcical financial situation.

He quit because of the financial situation alright. Nothing to do with the Prem though it was because of his own divorce proceedings.

Post edit.

Need to clarfiy. I do not wish relegation upon us. Why would I? But when you buy a season ticket for hundreds of pounds are you happy to see a desperate scramble every other week or would you like to see some football? Anyone remember Garner, Barker, Noel, Windy Miller, even bloody Lowe? Not the top division but we tried to knock it around. Seems to be to many people are spoilt on the prem and its just not that good.

Cheltenham Alan? I take it you don't have a season ticket? If so it's a shame cos when you say 'hundreds of pounds' you need to be aware that most parts of the ground it's actually just two hundreds!

Here http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10303,00.html

Even coming from Cheltenham for just 50% of the home matches it represents good value for money in this division. Have you not considered getting one? Have you not even considered sharing one? I'm sure sharing a ST must be a terrific option for between any two, three or four of our 'off cumdens'. Just £52.50 each for one Cat A match plus 3 or 4 random ones every season. You should try it.

Cheltenham Alan? I take it you don't have a season ticket? If so it's a shame cos when you say 'hundreds of pounds' you need to be aware that most parts of the ground it's actually just two hundreds!

Here http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10303,00.html

Even coming from Cheltenham for just 50% of the home matches it represents good value for money in this division. Have you not considered getting one? Have you not even considered sharing one? I'm sure sharing a ST must be a terrific option for between any two, three or four of our 'off cumdens'. Just £52.50 each for one Cat A match plus 3 or 4 random ones every season. You should try it.

You're not playing Golf this year then?

You're not playing Golf this year then?

Very droll Dave. Do you know I remember having a good old chuckle the first time I heard that jibe a couple of years ago now. Don't give up your day job will you?

Oh and btw how much money have you put into BRFC coffers this past decade or two? I support this club from my disposable income not simply as part justification for the cost of my broadband connection.

• Backroom

The criteria for being in the top league has never focused solely on 'crowd size' or 'city size' so to suggest we don't deserve to be in the Premiership is just a silly thing to say. Since its inception 20 odd years ago we've been in the Premier League every season except two. All of our seasons after the turn of the century have been without Uncle Jack and during that time we've finished in the top half often. If somebody thinks we don't deserve to be in the premiership based on our proud history in the top-flight then I find that a very sad point of view.

Very droll Dave. Do you know I remember having a good old chuckle the first time I heard that jibe a couple of years ago now. Don't give up your day job will you?

Oh and btw how much money have you put into BRFC coffers this past decade or two? I support this club from my disposable income not simply as part justification for the cost of my broadband connection.

Enough recently, theno, and way way back in the late 50's and throughout the 60's too. In fact I've probably been on Ewood more times than some of those that frequent this site.

BTW, what day job theno? Pretty much the same as yours, eh, one that allows me to come on here at will, that is, when I'm not playing golf.....

The criteria for being in the top league has never focused solely on 'crowd size' or 'city size' so to suggest we don't deserve to be in the Premiership is just a silly thing to say. Since its inception 20 odd years ago we've been in the Premier League every season except two. All of our seasons after the turn of the century have been without Uncle Jack and during that time we've finished in the top half often. If somebody thinks we don't deserve to be in the premiership based on our proud history in the top-flight then I find that a very sad point of view.

The table that was posted on here showing the top flight from its inception, shows exactly why the premier league is Rovers home.

We were still owned and subsidised by the Walker Trust. History and sentimantality counts for nowt in the money grabbing fantasy world of the Premier League.

errr..... With the exception of Blackpool they are all being bankrolled by a wealthy individual. The information for this summers in's and out's is freely available. Here ......

http://www.telegraph...ummer-2010.html

Paul I'm actually gobsmacked that you actually made that post. I hope you have not turned into a bandwagon jumper. <_<

To stand still every club has to bring in new signings every year as the squad collectively is a year older and needs freshening up. To actually improve clubs need to bring in better players than the ones that are leaving. It's not difficult is it and rem we learned all these lessons the hard way post '95? In a nutshell we have had the taps turned off (and I don't blame the owners one bit, it's a tough financial climate and I've really no idea of their situation in it). But because of that and because the supporters will not / can not stump up the average income of the Premier clubs then we will reamin one of the poorest clubs in the division.... at least until we are out of it. Think 65/66.

errr yes I take your point. What I read was the bit about gates / merchandise, I missed or at best didn't take in, the wealthy benefactor bit. You are right in the assertion, though we do have the trust! :wacko::blush:

Enough recently, theno, and way way back in the late 50's and throughout the 60's too.

Gosh! Your 1'6d (7p for anybody under 45) every fortnight must have stretched a long way if you think it's still relevent now! However I'll forgive you if you buy a shirt from the club every season for a grandchild, or subscribe to Rovers Player ( http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/player/Home) etc. :tu:

Archived