BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manager not Tactics.

Well theres the thing - I don't see the point in changing manager unless a takeover happens, so the manager needs to get it in his fat head that his tactics are crap.

I am praying for a takeover so someone new comes in and plays football I am less embarassed to try and defend

im not saying we played great, im just saying that people just jump on a bandwagon of hysteria! we were playing liverpool away and lost 2-1, we gifted them 2 goals! did you go topman?

We were playing a crap Liverpool side low on confidence and high on pressure. We handed this game to them on a plate with our negative tactics, and thanks to Robbo's heroics the scoreline flattered us. Two pathetic efforts on goal for 90 minutes. Not acceptable in my book.

Didn't go the game, didn't watch it on dodgy sky, didn't listen to it on the radio.At the moment it's just too depressing. I just logged on to this site at 4.55 hoping for the best. The thing is at the moment I'm ashamed of the football we play- blame whoever you like ! I'm close to becoming ashamed of being Blackburn Rovers supporter.

read a few post's from people who i presume didnt go to the game! someone mentioned we couldent have complained about being 4-0 down at HT, what a load of utter bollo*s!!! in the first half i think we did a pretty good job of keeping liverpool at bay, but they are always going to get chances, its liverpool playing at anfield!. we did our usual of not concentrating after HT, jesus was unmarked to score from a corner, and you cant give torres that much space, although he did look offside! but if people want to complain and moan about this game, do us all a favor and stay away from games in the future! and to answer your question GAV, it wasent a bad performance atall, never mind as bad as ince at wigan!

i went to the game, and have to says i know we all have differing opinions, but that is ridiculous. "It wasn't a bad performance at all?"

we were pathetic in the first half, constantly under pressure and they should have gone in at least 3-0 up. Us, on the other hand couldn't muster one decent attack in the first half.

It was not as bad as the Wigan game, but 41 quid to watch sams negative, pathetic approach to the game made me sick to the stomach.

The only time we looked any good was the last 20 when he went 2 up front, and we actually passed the ball along the floor.

i can't believe some rovers fans actually accept today's show as being acceptable.

read a few post's from people who i presume didnt go to the game! someone mentioned we couldent have complained about being 4-0 down at HT, what a load of utter bollo*s!!! in the first half i think we did a pretty good job of keeping liverpool at bay, but they are always going to get chances, its liverpool playing at anfield!. we did our usual of not concentrating after HT, jesus was unmarked to score from a corner, and you cant give torres that much space, although he did look offside! but if people want to complain and moan about this game, do us all a favor and stay away from games in the future! and to answer your question GAV, it wasent a bad performance atall, never mind as bad as ince at wigan!

Liverpool or Lincoln it doesn't matter, the results are the same and the approach is the same.

I applaud you for shelling out £41, but to say:

"it wasent a bad performance atall" seems to imply you've not seem many good performances in your time.

The manager seems to be on a crusade to prove to the board they were wrong to hold back funds over the summer, and he may have a point. But to go down this route of playing 1 up front when the lad is simply not good enough to play that role, is typical of the manager, and was seen many times during his reign at Bolton.

The manger needs to change his approach and attitude or get the hell out of dodge.

Most posts during the game have painted a terrible picture of Rovers' performance.

A question for those that went to Anfield.

Was it as a bad as Wigan away under Ince?

Wigan away was far worse as was the last time I went to Anfield when we got beat 4 - 0. Saying that we weren't very good today. I don't think this team will be relegated but I do worry how we are going to create and score the goals needed to keep us up.

Didn't go the game, didn't watch it on dodgy sky, didn't listen to it on the radio.At the moment it's just too depressing. I just logged on to this site at 4.55 hoping for the best. The thing is at the moment I'm ashamed of the football we play- blame whoever you like ! I'm close to becoming ashamed of being Blackburn Rovers supporter.

Don't be ridiculous.

I and I can wager many others on here are anything but ashamed of this fantastic football club. Their love of the Rovers is why people get so pi$$ed off on days such as these.

You can dislike Allardyce for the present team and style of play or the players for not being fit to wear the famous shirt, but why on earth would you be ashamed of Blackburn Rovers.

i went to the game, and have to says i know we all have differing opinions, but that is ridiculous. "It wasn't a bad performance at all?"

we were pathetic in the first half, constantly under pressure and they should have gone in at least 3-0 up. Us, on the other hand couldn't muster one decent attack in the first half.

It was not as bad as the Wigan game, but 41 quid to watch sams negative, pathetic approach to the game made me sick to the stomach.

The only time we looked any good was the last 20 when he went 2 up front, and we actually passed the ball along the floor.

i can't believe some rovers fans actually accept today's show as being acceptable.

i will re-phrase my comment to "not as bad a people are making out" ive began to realise if we lose there are plenty of people on here saying "fat sam is fu*in useless" but when we win he is ok, give the guy some friggin credit, he has taken us from relegation certaintys to top half last season. any manager in the world not be able to do better with the current funds supplied and set of players. we are a premier league club on a championship budget!!! im not saying by any means we play brilliant football. but it all about results!, and sam will get them to keep us up.

Moan moan bloody moan! I've read two pages and given up due to too many imbecilic posts from too many spoilt individuals. I'm now getting the distinct impression that more than a few people are now actually willing us to lose matches and happy when we do in order to score cheap points against the manager. Don't bother telling me I'm wrong about this cos I'm not and I'll not accept it either.

I've said earlier in the season that due to having no money to improve the squad that I think we are in the relegation mix and it appears my judgement is proving accurate. For those that missed it the 60's it's very reminiscent of 1965/66 all over again. Many seem to think that Allardyce is crap but who the hell else apart from some lower league chancer will even consider coming with nothing to spend and a reputation to lose? And without money how will they improve anything? If we are to survive it will only be by the current squad nurturing a strong team spirit and

digging in under Allardyce's experienced management. With Allardyce in charge avoiding relegation looks like being an almighty struggle, without him it's a certainty.

BUT .... Given our finances and the prospect of the club being a short term plaything for some dodgepot from the Indian sub continent I'm coming to the opinion that relegation will actually

be a relief and best for the younger supporters who will be able to become aquainted with the true position of a club and a town our size in English football. Jack Walker provided us with our fantasy but in doing so has left so many in this town totally detached from reallity. A future in the basement divisions being just the ticket for re-aligning peoples perceptions.

Parsonally speaking if we are relegated I'll probably drop off from going over the ensuing couple of seasons and will find other things to do with my Saturdays. I'll be unlikely to buy a season ticket too. In fact I'd imagine most will when the club will be forced to accompany relegation with doubling the cost of ST's. £500 quid to watch football in Div 1 or 2 being mighty unpalatable after we've been mollycoddled for so long.

The current moaners will of course switch allegiance to one of the Big 4 teams whilst the remaining 5000-8000 loyal stalwarts will continue to turn up and support the club through footballs backwaters sucking on their pints and reminiscing about the Walker years as they view an impending 3rd round FA cup tie against WHU, Villa or Everton as the match of the season.

The FA will be happy, the press and media happy too and the natural order in English football will be restored.

Good post 'drog and I agree entirely with the majority.

However, I find it a tad difficult to take your sentiments seriously when you were doing a jig on the fairways after defeats under the stewardship of Ince.

I'm a "moaner" as you put it, but I'll still be there, come what may. I've seen the 3rd Division before, and I've paid pushing £500 a season for poor Championship fare under Brian Kidd.

I've also seen teams playing as 'greater than the sum of their parts' - at present we're doing the opposite.

I think you're wrong; Allardyce is just as likely to take us down as keep us up. He seems unable to get the best out of the current players - many have regressed or stagnated based on last season - and it'll be his stubborn reluctance to change tactics that will do for us, and nothing else.

Have it your way. You are obviously commenting through the euphoria of todays defeat. No doubt you are currently enjoying a celebratory glass or two of your favourite poison.

But rest assured whilst you are trudging around footballs backwaters with your £500 season ticket in your wallet and the single mini bus load of fellow away fans Allardyce will likely still be managing a team in the Prem.

:tu:

i will re-phrase my comment to "not as bad a people are making out" ive began to realise if we lose there are plenty of people on here saying "fat sam is fu*in useless" but when we win he is ok, give the guy some friggin credit, he has taken us from relegation certaintys to top half last season. any manager in the world not be able to do better with the current funds supplied and set of players. we are a premier league club on a championship budget!!! im not saying by any means we play brilliant football. but it all about results!, and sam will get them to keep us up.

I was absolutely delighted with the 10th place finish, I gave Sam credit for it and I am greatful to him for sorting out the Ince debacle and last season.

However, this aint last season- there are not 3 absolute pish teams like year. Also, ALL the sides around have outspent us. So, the last campaign does not come into it.

Far, far too much optimism on here, I don't think there has ever been a more likely Liverpool win.#

How many terrible runs have clubs ended against us over the years? Think I have lost count.

Don't you just hate it when someone irritatingly quotes him or herself to show that they, for once in a blue moon, got something right? Anyway...

told you so.

Craig Short & Tugay Management Team.

Craig short just been sacked by Notts County hasn't he?

As for the game, I went and the best word to describe us is clueless. Kalinic was pretty awful in the first half, Krygiakos (sp) read him like a book all half long. Benjani.wasnt much better. But most of all we just cannot create chances, and when we do nothing comes of it. A ciouple of times olsson got behind the defence and put in decent crosses but just noone was there.

I have no problem playing long ball but we're just not any good at it. I know apparently 'stastically' it is most effective way of scoring, but not for us! We cant keep going through the season creating 2 or 3 chances per game and hoping that we get lucky, which seems to be the tactic atm.

As an aside, Im glad I dont sit in the darwen end if the noobs to our right were anything to go by. Best bit of the day was when someone shouted at them to f off home.

ill place a bet now that; wolves, wigan, west ham, blackpool, bolton, west brom and fulham will all be below us come the end of the season. and then there are teams like sunderland, newcastle and stoke who we could also get above, so 9 games in! and suddenly alot of you are writing us off already! and you did the same last season aswell.

Lets be honest, did any of really think that Liverpool would not start to turn their season around at some stage? They do have better players than Rovers have, they have spent more on their squad. The result is a bad result (as is any defeat) The first half was a bad display, second an improvement. Rovers lost by one goal, yet they played badly. Other seasons Rovers have lost by many goals - not just by one. Bad day at the office for Rovers today. Rovers had no Samba and lost Nzonze early on.

And there's the rub PAFELL! You can write that before every match this season except Blackpool home. Still no matter lets all blame the manager and the players eh?

The man has to change his approach to games or go, simple as that.

Don't hold your breath on either happening..... unless you want to write his severence cheque out of your own bank account.

Have it your way. You are obviously commenting through the euphoria of todays defeat. No doubt you are currently enjoying a celebratory glass or two of your favourite poison.

But rest assured whilst you are trudging around footballs backwaters with your £500 season ticket in your wallet and the single mini bus load of fellow away fans Allardyce will likely still be managing a team in the Prem.

Oh shut up, you did the exact same with Ince! Gordon the Golfer springs to mind!

That smiley at the end suggests you'd be happy to see us fail to prove a point, suggesting how Allardyce is better than us?

Your contempt for Rovers is astounding, almost on par with your contempt of Blackburn as a whole.

He said nothing to suggest he wanted any of the above to happen.

:brfc:

Craig short just been sacked by Notts County hasn't he?

As for the game, I went and the best word to describe us is clueless. Kalinic was pretty awful in the first half, Krygiakos (sp) read him like a book all half long. Benjani.wasnt much better. But most of all we just cannot create chances, and when we do nothing comes of it. A ciouple of times olsson got behind the defence and put in decent crosses but just noone was there.

I have no problem playing long ball but we're just not any good at it. I know apparently 'stastically' it is most effective way of scoring, but not for us! We cant keep going through the season creating 2 or 3 chances per game and hoping that we get lucky, which seems to be the tactic atm.

As an aside, Im glad I dont sit in the darwen end if the noobs to our right were anything to go by. Best bit of the day was when someone shouted at them to f off home.

Think I know who you mean. 15 year old kids, boozed up on cans from the way down?

Not all sit in the Darwen End. What did they do?

It's time Liverpool kick started their season and who better to do it against than us.

Liverpool 4 Rovers 1. Sam will play the wrong style again. :(

OK FLB. If it hadn't been for super Robbo, I would have been spot on as well. :P

Oh shut up, you did the exact same with Ince! Gordon the Golfer springs to mind!

That smiley at the end suggests you'd be happy to see us fail to prove a point, suggesting how Allardyce is better than us?

Your contempt for Rovers is astounding, almost on par with your contempt of Blackburn as a whole.

He said nothing to suggest he wanted any of the above to happen.

:brfc:

Until Lancashire Utd emerge from the carcass of Rovers and our neighbours, he will bang his drum that Blackburn is not worthy of a Premier League side and we should make way out of the top flight in favour of the 20 clubs from the largest conurbations.

A sign that I'm getting older .... On the coach heading to Anfield today we passed a sign to Fazakerley ... at which point the lad behind me scoffed "What kind of name is that? Are we in bloody Russia or summat?" When I then asked him if he had heard of Derek Fazakerley, he just looked blank. (sigh)

Most posts during the game have painted a terrible picture of Rovers' performance.

A question for those that went to Anfield.

Was it as a bad as Wigan away under Ince?

Firstly i will say i didnt go today but i did watch it on the dodgy internet sites but i was at the wigan away game and have to say that day has to be worst ever day for me as a rovers fan as its the first time i have left the ground at half time(still missed train as we went pub instead and prayed)

But today was a lot better than that day but any football was better than that day because it wasn't football that day but a game of who can touch the ball.

today was a typical game for rovers play kalinic up front when he totally isn't strong enough to do that and you could see that today and at the last game because the game totally changed when he got took off.

BEFORE people flame me for this i am not saying he is a crap player he is just crap at the position and task sam is giving him at the moment

You really are a big f'ing bitch aren't you? Just because we aren't agreeing with your mighty opinion we are "moaners", "imbeciles" and bad supporters that will be jumping ship if the worst should happen. We all have different opinions, if we didn't it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum. You might not agree with other peoples views, but to say we are fickle is just wrong. We were watching the @#/? Ince Served up with you were oblivious on a golf course remember ;-)

I'm sure I speak for a few on here when I say, if we were getting results, I'd be fine with the style of the football. I'd be a happy bunny mostly. I only dislike Sam because of his attitude and stuburness. He just can't see that his trademark style won't work due every club.

We can do much better than this, the current tactics are hindering us. When we've played well since last January, it's been on the whole, good on the deck football. Today was a great example, the first time we played football we threatened and created the first chance of the game. Same in the other matches. We might still be doomed, but we are much more effective playing passing football. If we can mix this with a direct game, it could work well. Less predictable, with we are very at the moment.

Rovers deserve. To be a top flight team, we have a fantastic history. If you don't agree, then maybe you should consider playing golf until someone starts a Lancashire United team?

Archived