BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We palyed alot better second half. seem to pass it more. I would like us to pass the ball more and maybe play abit more attacking. I watched the full game and first half we were awful. Why are so many of you against Big Sam? is it the style of play?

My main problem is the constant garbage he comes out with, that and the constant reminder that he won a few games at Bolton. I don't line the guy end of.

Some people here joke when they say Robinson is our greatest offensive player, but that is literally true. His long balls from goalkicks or freekicks are as dangerous as anything else our outfield players create. And this is not some fluke statistic that has only happened in one or two of our poorer games, it has been a regular occurrence from the start of the season with few exceptions.

This is the type of football BFS has relegated us to playing, and this is where it has led us - in the relegation zone.

I'd add that it's the likely reason our passing stats are so low.

Tell me I'm not over-reacting. But I'm sick, sick, sick of watching us hoof it up all the time. There is no plan B at all. Even when we were chasing in the last 15 minutes, Hoilett was told to stick to the flanks. Either Sam is freaking clueless or he has no faith in his players. Its probably a combination of both, which begs the question why he signed them in the first place.

I have no idea what goes down in training or team talks, but surely the players must have been told to play the game this way. I dont think you get to premiership level if your instincts are to hoof it, so clearly this must have been taught to the players. And I can't imagine what it must feel like for poor Niko, being made to chase and jump for balls that come at him at speed against defenders who are much bigger than him every week. He had no chance against Kyriakos and Skrtel today, but if we had stuck someone alongside him, he at least would have had a chance. Benjani's signing is confusing, yes he chased and he made the goal, but his first touch looked worse than Roberts' today. Roberts is not good enough, but at least he has the pace to worry defenders. I dont know why we signed Benjani when we were already broke.

I don't see what Niko has done to justify a start, he's been poor this season and if Terry breathes on him he'll be on the deck.

Chances are it will be one up top anyway.

nicko was a waste of 6 mill another di santo. the sooner we get rid of bfs the better, hes f@@king

clueless.

Why does Martin Olsson pretend like he's never played football before when asked to play left back?

He cant defend.

It does seem Kalanic was a colossal waste of money. But we can sweep it under the carpet by saying he needs the a support striker.

This is grim stuff. Liverpool needed a win so we promptly handed it to them. Torres needed a goal so we obliged. We'll never learn. We went to Anfield and tried to gain a result against a struggling Liverpool side by playing the medieval brand of 'football' employed for months now without any notable success. Our goal was, once again, the result of defensive failings not our own efforts. Blackpool on the other hand went to Anfield, played football against a struggling Liverpool side, and came away with 3 points.

We are the worst team in the league by quite some distance and relegation will serve us right considering the dross that has been served up under Allardyce (who is far from solely responsible given the crippling lack of investment and ambition over the last number of years).

We palyed alot better second half. seem to pass it more. I would like us to pass the ball more and maybe play abit more attacking. I watched the full game and first half we were awful. Why are so many of you against Big Sam? is it the style of play?

1. ###### football.

2. Too stubborn to realise his ###### football doesn't work.

3. Arrogance and belittling our achievments.

4. He doesn't give a ###### about us, he'll be off to Madrid in the summer, whilst we'll be in the Championship.

That's four reasons for starters.

At least he has a first touch though. Kalinic has a 'fall-over'

Hello Championship :(

I can honestly say I haven't feared for our safety as much since when the pre Hughes era.

We have two players who are of any real quality in Robinson and Diouf, the rest of our squad is devoid of any real talent that can better another 2 teams in the league.

Sams tactics have to be questioned now, mainly because he appears to have none!

> If you're going to play the long ball game then you need to start with a half decent target man like Benjani and not Kalinic

> Granted that Sam then recognises this and makes the change....but will he start without Kalinic next time???

> Our only real position and chances today came from when we got the ball down and passed it!

> Sam keeps bleating on about our defence being our strength, well guess what we can't defend to save our lives with or without Samba.

The only thing worse than poor tactics is continuing to use them when you realise that they simply are completely ineffective.

If reports are to be believed then Sams long-term future could soon be in doubt if a takeover happens, to be honest I will be very surprised if he makes it that far.

• Backroom

Tell me I'm not over-reacting. But I'm sick, sick, sick of watching us hoof it up all the time. There is no plan B at all. Even when we were chasing in the last 15 minutes, Hoilett was told to stick to the flanks. Either Sam is freaking clueless or he has no faith in his players. Its probably a combination of both, which begs the question why he signed them in the first place.

I have no idea what goes down in training or team talks, but surely the players must have been told to play the game this way. I dont think you get to premiership level if your instincts are to hoof it, so clearly this must have been taught to the players. And I can't imagine what it must feel like for poor Niko, being made to chase and jump for balls that come at him at speed against defenders who are much bigger than him every week. He had no chance against Kyriakos and Skrtel today, but if we had stuck someone alongside him, he at least would have had a chance. Benjani's signing is confusing, yes he chased and he made the goal, but his first touch looked worse than Roberts' today. Roberts is not good enough, but at least he has the pace to worry defenders. I dont know why we signed Benjani when we were already broke.

You're certainly not alone in thinking that way mate, I was getting angrier and angrier watching the first half. Every time we got the ball we hoofed it back up to them and lost it, every time. It was beyond frustrating. Thankfully we binned the long-ball play in the second half so it was less infuriating, but instead there was just a dull disappointment knowing for all our passing on the deck we didn't have anybody with the capability of creating a goalscoring chance.

We did ok after about 65 mins, however they sat back and allowed us to pass the ball- apart from leaving me open mouthed as we actually strung a few passes together, it meant nothing as we hardly looked a threat.

I have always been behind Allardyce because of ONE thing- he gets/got results. Takeover plans are reliant on Premier League status, so the fact he is an arrogant get, a long ball merchant etc etc has never come into it. However if Sam continues to send teams out like he did 1st half, we will not get the points.

However, without a takeover, Williams will not sack him this season, simple as that. So you can slag off zzzzam, 'the expert' to the cows come home, won't make a jot of diffeence to the powers that be.

IF we do get taken over, well that completely changes the situation, his job would be in question, big if though.

That's a little unfair. I thought we did have quite a good plan B today, we got the ball down and played it in the second half and looked pretty dangerous. Much better than Stoke where we just stuck to hoofing it all game.

We need to build on this. Problem is it's Chelsea next so it is Wigan before we will get the opportunity to try some positive tactics.

Sam must realise he needs to change or die now. The percentage game isn't working, we are not scoring goals, the fans are turning, and the prospective owners will be looking closely at him.

• Backroom

Sam likes his stats and stuff so what worries me the most is in 9 games we have scored 9 or so goals, 2 of them handed on a plate by opposition keepers and 2 own goals.

How many goals have we actually created and finished from open play?

It may seem overly negative in here but before people come on saying most predicted us to lose it doesn't make it any better or easier.

• Backroom

That's a little unfair. I thought we did have quite a good plan B today, we got the ball down and played it in the second half and looked pretty dangerous. Much better than Stoke where we just stuck to hoofing it all game.

Are you joking or did you watch a different game? To be dangerous don't you have to create chances against the opposition? :blink:

Hello Championship :(

I can honestly say I haven't feared for our safety as much since when the pre Hughes era.

We have two players who are of any real quality in Robinson and Diouf, the rest of our squad is devoid of any real talent that can better another 2 teams in the league.

That's a bit ridiculous. Samba, Jones, Givet, Salgado are all quality players. As is Dunn. Problem is the lack of any threat up front and a tragic lack of talent in midfield Diouf and Dunn aside.

Grella looked good today. I hope he stays fit. Which is like saying I hope the sun never sets. I am praying this Goulon fella knows how to pass a ball.

Very worried about this season and have been for some time, when we play hoofball we play it badly with players that dont fit the tactics, when we play football on the deck we look better but still very average, our goals this year have nearly all been set pieces or misshaps, and that is not good enough.

Its up to Sam to spot opposing teams weaknesses and try to capitalise on that area, we do the same damn thing every week which is try to stop teams playing there game, these defensive tactics have to stop, Liverpool have been very bad this season and today they were no better but our first half tactics to stop them playing were pathetic and inefective.

Second half we were better but its just not good enough, you cant drill the players to whack long balls then expect them to play nice little triangles when we need a goal. Sure people are going to say that it was still 0-0 after the first half, well that was a bloody miracle and advertisment to anyone who wants to see football matches contested to go and watch Stanley.

There is no escaping we have a poor team who are playing badly with tactics that just arent working and there are'nt 3 worse teams than us at the moment and thats being realistic not negative.

Are you joking or did you watch a different game? To be dangerous don't you have to create chances against the opposition? :blink:

The point is comparative. We looked about a million times more dangerous than the first half. I'm not saying its perfect, or even that good, but it was an improvement and that improvement should be maintained.

If we had a decent striker we could have made a lot more of the approach play in the second half.

[/size]

That's a bit ridiculous. Samba, Jones, Givet, Salgado are all quality players. As is Dunn. Problem is the lack of any threat up front and a tragic lack of talent in midfield Diouf and Dunn aside.

Grella looked good today. I hope he stays fit. Which is like saying I hope the sun never sets. I am praying this Goulon fella knows how to pass a ball.

The problem is the manager, his inability to get the best out of his players, and his one-dimensional tactics. These players are easily good enough to stay up if utilised properly.

Archived