BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the key thing. People who are wishing us to play a beautiful passing game with the likes of Emerton, Pedersen, and Grella in our midfield are bonkers. We seriously don't have the skills to beat Liverpool at their own game.

When Allardyce starts spending, the key question is, will he change his tactics? I'm not sure one way or the other. The new owners have a pretty big decision to make come Summer as I doubt they will make their decision (on whether to keep Sam for the long term or not) before then.

I think it is an entirely fair point to look at Blackpool and Fulham. Neither of those teams are particularly blessed with excellent players, but they can play incisive passing football. We need more quality in the midfield, but we can still get a lot more out of what we have.

• Backroom

The point is comparative. We looked about a million times more dangerous than the first half. I'm not saying its perfect, or even that good, but it was an improvement and that improvement should be maintained.

If we had a decent striker we could have made a lot more of the approach play in the second half.

As I said, to be any more dangerous we would have had to have threatened Liverpool's goal in some way. We did it once with our goal, that was it. We had more possession in the second half and we weren't as vulnerable, but a million times more dangerous? Nope. We were still very ineffective, just ineffective on the ground instead of in the air.

Complete over-reaction to a predictable defeat from the usual suspects.

Trust the manager and Rovers will be OK.

The usual suspects being everyone but you Jim? You're becoming increasingly isolated in your views - the majority are able to see what a dire situation we're in under Allardyce.

Well if these players are of such high quality then how the hell are we only just above the drop zone by the skin of our teeth after 9 games?

Samba - an accident waiting to happen and is starting to believe his own hype

Jones - some awful aerial work to day and see my 2d comment on Samba

Givet - a shadow of the player that first pulled on a Rovers shirt...he falls over trying to head the ball almost every time

Salgado - I'll give you that, but he won't see another season after this one

Dunn - has he injured himself again yet? Anonymous on Monday and again today

Grella - :lol: ..........enough said

Having watched almost every team in the league at least twice this season, I can honestly say that the current Rovers side are only slightly better than one side and that's West Ham

We need to stop deluding ourselves, we are in serious trouble!

An Allardyce fan? I'm a Rovers fan.

So, at this moment in time, or for the past few months, who would you have had in charge, given our resources? And who would you have expected to better 10th last season?

My views are based on the entire context of Rovers' situation. Your views are based on one thing. "It's not entertaaiiining..."

Last season is last season.

THIS season we're 17th and playing godawful football. At the moment, there's few who could do WORSE than Sam.

The usual suspects being everyone but you Jim? You're becoming increasingly isolated in your views - the majority are able to see what a dire situation we're in under Allardyce.

We were in a dire situation 2 yrs ago under Ince but this does not feel the same at all. It's going to be hard because other clubs have strengthened since last season but I don't think we will go down. What we do not need is a change of manager.

Where go we go from here? :unsure:

Rovers were never the most skilful of sides but have ALWAYS had that 'fight' in them...even that's buggered off this season.

Its hard watching this team,VERY hard indeed.

100% correct.

Keith Andrews is berated by certain quarter but at least the lad will run his balls off for the squad. This team is in need of a "Robbie Savage" - I can only hope that the new lad has a bit of bite about him.

Teams are walking through us of late and that was never more evident than our efforts to make a really poor Liverpool side look like Barca today.

Second half was a much much better performance. Let down by two poorly defended corners - the usually impecable Jones looking suspect on those. Benjani, although he has his faults, caused Liverpool far more problems than Kalinic. Grella had a huge impact on our possession which improved. I thought we didn't get Diouf on the ball enough. When he had it he was dangerous. Hoilett did nothing sadly.

For me if we don't play a more creative offensive game when Wigan turn up on the 6th of November I think I will add my voices to those asking to look for a new manager. Sam might have taken us as far as he can.

The only reason he caused them so many problems is because its impossible to predict where the ball will go once it gets to him.

First half, well I found it highly ironic we look like being bought out by a chicken company, because that was exactly how we played. We were afraid to have the ball and used up all our luck. Thankfully second half we actually kept the ball a bit more. However yet again we concede early, WTF is going on in that dressing room??? Some on here can now even predict the minute we will concede, we are getting that predictable.

One thing for me is evident, Olsson must be moved back to the wing (asap). Emerton bloody hell gets the ball, head down and charge. Didn't work on the playground doesn't work here either. Grella did alright once on moved the ball sideways a lot but he kept it and that was a pleasant change. Banjoni, well (Please don't use that word again) me what a shock. whilst his work for the goal was great, the rest was dire. Sam what the hell were you thinking when you decided that Roberts had to go??? Pedersen was not good today at all drifted around and his little dance in the penalty box, well what do you say.

Today we had 2 shots on target and 2 off combined with possession of just over 30%. Sam claims his ways are scientific and we play percentages I just don't see it and never have. Science has never once tried to say how football should be played. We look awful at the moment with very few positives having thrown out the team that did so well last year, changing it all around and going backwards.

The back four we have picks itself, those plus Robbo are a nice strong base to build upon. I also have to hope that all the build up in the press about Goujon is true and that can either inspire N'zonzi back up the form chart or take his place.

We have to get Dunn further up the pitch, there's no point having him any deeper than the edge of the centre circle, we have to have faith that 2 banks of four can deal with the danger, as we will still most likely have a numerical advantage.

For me Sam has to go cap in hand to Roberts say, sorry and get him back on the pitch.

N'zonzi/Goujon Grella

EH Diouf Dunn Olsson

Roberts

For me has to be the way forward. Starting with plan B and reverting to plan A, when the need arises.

We were in a dire situation 2 yrs ago under Ince but this does not feel the same at all. It's going to be hard because other clubs have strengthened since last season but I don't think we will go down. What we do not need is a change of manager.

We're actually worse off that at the same stage under Ince. We'll get nothing next week, and then the Wigan game is a must-win.

I just don't think that Sam is getting the best out of these players, and that's the main reason we are where we are in the table.

Second half performance was better? It sure as hell wasn't better defensively. We conceeded two goals! If robinson hadn't pulled off a man of the match performance in the first half, we would now be discussing a 4-1 / 5 - 1 thrashing.

People just need to look at the first half performance at sunderland to realise we can't buy a win unless we are gifted it. The fact we had ten men for a half really papered over the cracks of that game.

Any idea when Roberts is fit as we seemed to do better when hitting the balls into channels for him to run on to. Kalinic seems incapable of doing that

...and by "hitting the balls into channels" you mean Robinson smashing it at Kalinic (w/ Kyrgiakos already draped over his shoulders). I realise that Niko hasn't done anything to justify his price tag, but I can't imagine any striker would flourish under our current tactics - predictable.

Alternatively, I could see Niko doing well the moment he moves into a side where he is provided with any sort of support or decent service.

I am confused, sam gets us to safety when we were 5 points adrift, we then finish 10th, we get off to a bad start the next season and we are certainties to go down, sam should be sacked etc etc, what a load of crap, they say there is no loyalty in football, well if I was sam and my fans treated me with the disdain that he is currently facing after the successes he has had with a negative budget I would walk.

Well if these players are of such high quality then how the hell are we only just above the drop zone by the skin of our teeth after 9 games?

Samba - an accident waiting to happen and is starting to believe his own hype

Jones - some awful aerial work to day and see my 2d comment on Samba

Givet - a shadow of the player that first pulled on a Rovers shirt...he falls over trying to head the ball almost every time

Salgado - I'll give you that, but he won't see another season after this one

Dunn - has he injured himself again yet? Anonymous on Monday and again today

Grella - :lol: ..........enough said

Having watched almost every team in the league at least twice this season, I can honestly say that the current Rovers side are only slightly better than one side and that's West Ham

We need to stop deluding ourselves, we are in serious trouble!

We will just have to disagree on the player point. I would say those five players would be of high interest to top half teams - particularly Samba and Jones. That's the only point I was making. I do totally agree we are in serious serious trouble as we have virtually no attacking talent and no goals in the side. If we could get a decent in form striker I think we would be okay, but where do you find those for no money....

ps. Grella is usually rubbish or injured but today he actually played well which was a pleasant surprise. I don't think anyone apart from a lunatic would want him in their team unless you are completely desperate. Which we are.

• Backroom

...and by "hitting the balls into channels" you mean Robinson smashing it at Kalinic (w/ Kyrgiakos already draped over his shoulders). I realise that Niko hasn't done anything to justify his price tag, but I can't imagine any striker would flourish under our current tactics - predictable.

Alternatively, I could see Niko doing well the moment he moves into a side where he is provided with any sort of support or decent service.

I think Davies would be one of the few players who might actually make a difference - and you can see why, even at 32, Sam was pushing for the board to release 5M to sign him. He was and is the perfect player for Sam's turgid style of play. None of Niko, Benjani or M. Diouf have the strength to play in that position. Niko just gets outmuscled and falls on his arse, Benjani meanwhile has a first-touch that makes Roberts look like Pele comparatively.

I am confused, sam gets us to safety when we were 5 points adrift, we then finish 10th, we get off to a bad start the next season and we are certainties to go down, sam should be sacked etc etc, what a load of crap, they say there is no loyalty in football, well if I was sam and my fans treated me with the disdain that he is currently facing after the successes he has had with a negative budget I would walk.

You would kiss goodbye to a few million quid based on a few opinions on a football message board?

I think not

Fingers crossed he does eh! :brfc:

If we had got anything at anfield it would have been a surprise, we rarely do. To come away from there just 2-1 losers is not that bad. They paid more for Torres than our whole team is probably worth. We will be lucky to get ought from Chelsea so it's the teams in and around us we need to be getting results from for now.

Archived