BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

I'm now getting the distinct impression that more than a few people are now actually willing us to lose matches and happy when we do in order to score cheap points against the manager. Don't bother telling me I'm wrong about this cos I'm not and I'll not accept it either.

I completely agree with you. I went back to read through some of the pages in this thread and the attitude is disgusting. You'd think it was a Burnley messageboard, the tone of the posts and the constant sniping is terrible to read. You could make a pretty lengthy list of put-downs used repeatedly against certain players the team as a whole. It's pathetic. I don't think I'm going to keep coming here much longer, it's not a nice place at the moment.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree with you. I went back to read through some of the pages in this thread and the attitude is disgusting. You'd think it was a Burnley messageboard, the tone of the posts and the constant sniping is terrible to read. You could make a pretty lengthy list of put-downs used repeatedly against certain players the team as a whole. It's pathetic. I don't think I'm going to keep coming here much longer, it's not a nice place at the moment.

With uncertainty about the takeover and regarding our general play I don't think that it is too surprising. Win a few games and everybody cheers up. A failed takeover and a continuing run of poor performances and the attitude on here will get worse.

Having roughly 30-35% overall posession each game and averaging just one goal a game is relegation form.

Hughsey; that is why some of us are worried. It's not the fact we lost to Liverpool (didn't expect to get anything there), we don't look like scoring and our top scorers (Dunn & Roberts) from last season are either unfit or Sam won't pick them. Last year Sam managed to win the 'crunch' games against teams around us. That starts with Wigan - fail to win that and the dropped points against Fulham and Sunderland will leave us in deep do do.

Moan moan bloody moan! I've read two pages and given up due to too many imbecilic posts from too many spoilt individuals. I'm now getting the distinct impression that more than a few people are now actually willing us to lose matches and happy when we do in order to score cheap points against the manager. Don't bother telling me I'm wrong about this cos I'm not and I'll not accept it either.

I've said earlier in the season that due to having no money to improve the squad that I think we are in the relegation mix and it appears my judgement is proving accurate. For those that missed it the 60's it's very reminiscent of 1965/66 all over again. Many seem to think that Allardyce is crap but who the hell else apart from some lower league chancer will even consider coming with nothing to spend and a reputation to lose? And without money how will they improve anything? If we are to survive it will only be by the current squad nurturing a strong team spirit and

digging in under Allardyce's experienced management. With Allardyce in charge avoiding relegation looks like being an almighty struggle, without him it's a certainty.

BUT .... Given our finances and the prospect of the club being a short term plaything for some dodgepot from the Indian sub continent I'm coming to the opinion that relegation will actually

be a relief and best for the younger supporters who will be able to become aquainted with the true position of a club and a town our size in English football. Jack Walker provided us with our fantasy but in doing so has left so many in this town totally detached from reallity. A future in the basement divisions being just the ticket for re-aligning peoples perceptions.

Parsonally speaking if we are relegated I'll probably drop off from going over the ensuing couple of seasons and will find other things to do with my Saturdays. I'll be unlikely to buy a season ticket too. In fact I'd imagine most will when the club will be forced to accompany relegation with doubling the cost of ST's. £500 quid to watch football in Div 1 or 2 being mighty unpalatable after we've been mollycoddled for so long.

The current moaners will of course switch allegiance to one of the Big 4 teams whilst the remaining 5000-8000 loyal stalwarts will continue to turn up and support the club through footballs backwaters sucking on their pints and reminiscing about the Walker years as they view an impending 3rd round FA cup tie against WHU, Villa or Everton as the match of the season.

The FA will be happy, the press and media happy too and the natural order in English football will be restored.

I'm a "moaner" as you put it, but I'll still be there, come what may. I've seen the 3rd Division before, and I've paid pushing £500 a season for poor Championship fare under Brian Kidd.

I've also seen teams playing as 'greater than the sum of their parts' - at present we're doing the opposite.

I think you're wrong; Allardyce is just as likely to take us down as keep us up. He seems unable to get the best out of the current players - many have regressed or stagnated based on last season - and it'll be his stubborn reluctance to change tactics that will do for us, and nothing else.

With uncertainty about the takeover and regarding our general play I don't think that it is too surprising. Win a few games and everybody cheers up. A failed takeover and a continuing run of poor performances and the attitude on here will get worse.

I can understand people are unhappy with circumstances because I certainly am, but this is something else. I could grab a few dozen posts from this thread alone that would expect to find on opposition boards, not a Rovers one.

Moan moan bloody moan! I've read two pages and given up due to too many imbecilic posts from too many spoilt individuals. I'm now getting the distinct impression that more than a few people are now actually willing us to lose matches and happy when we do in order to score cheap points against the manager. Don't bother telling me I'm wrong about this cos I'm not and I'll not accept it either.

I've said earlier in the season that due to having no money to improve the squad that I think we are in the relegation mix and it appears my judgement is proving accurate. For those that missed it the 60's it's very reminiscent of 1965/66 all over again. Many seem to think that Allardyce is crap but who the hell else apart from some lower league chancer will even consider coming with nothing to spend and a reputation to lose? And without money how will they improve anything? If we are to survive it will only be by the current squad nurturing a strong team spirit and

digging in under Allardyce's experienced management. With Allardyce in charge avoiding relegation looks like being an almighty struggle, without him it's a certainty.

BUT .... Given our finances and the prospect of the club being a short term plaything for some dodgepot from the Indian sub continent I'm coming to the opinion that relegation will actually

be a relief and best for the younger supporters who will be able to become aquainted with the true position of a club and a town our size in English football. Jack Walker provided us with our fantasy but in doing so has left so many in this town totally detached from reallity. A future in the basement divisions being just the ticket for re-aligning peoples perceptions.

Parsonally speaking if we are relegated I'll probably drop off from going over the ensuing couple of seasons and will find other things to do with my Saturdays. I'll be unlikely to buy a season ticket too. In fact I'd imagine most will when the club will be forced to accompany relegation with doubling the cost of ST's. £500 quid to watch football in Div 1 or 2 being mighty unpalatable after we've been mollycoddled for so long.

The current moaners will of course switch allegiance to one of the Big 4 teams whilst the remaining 5000-8000 loyal stalwarts will continue to turn up and support the club through footballs backwaters sucking on their pints and reminiscing about the Walker years as they view an impending 3rd round FA cup tie against WHU, Villa or Everton as the match of the season.

The FA will be happy, the press and media happy too and the natural order in English football will be restored.

Why don't you just get out your white flag.

Hughesy said:So why do people bang on about Blackpool - would you like to play nice football & go down?? Because id much rather watch us in the premier league than the championship, paying higher ticket prices for watching sh!tter football!

That is a contradiction in terms yes playing nice football we might go down but then again the gripe with most why persist with a team and formation that are not working or try to change it that is the main problem and Matty blue sums it up perfectly

They are a poor outfit, nothing today has changed my mind on that. However, a lot of their poorness is down to a lack of confidience in key areas.You could see in the last 15 minutes that they were a fragile side.

What I am saying and what Matty sums up perfect is they were fragile they were there for the taking but our manager is too pig headed to see that & change formation tactics when his tactics are not working!. Also Sam has to take a major part of the blame for buying players not suited for his tactics if he was going to be insistent on playing this way he should have bought players more suited to the system.

Just got back from the game. I thought Liverpool played better to day than in previous games. They created a few good chances in the first half, but robbo made a number og good saves. Going forward we created nothing in the first half, and did not have an effort at goal. In the second after Liverpools first goal we created and scored from the only chance we had all afternoon. In the last 20 mins Liverpool got a bit nervy, and we had plenty possession. Unfortunatly we did not have any quality on the ball and did not trouble Liverpools goal.

Overall. Not to bad defensivly, pretty poor in possession, and unless we can create more chances going forward it is going to be long season.

Quote them then. I would be happy to defend my post if i am one of them.

That's exactly the reason I'm not doing it, I don't want a load of people replying to it and clogging the thread up! To be honest I couldn't give you a single name because I didn't take a mental note of them, I don't fancy going back through all the pages again.

I can imagine it now 'drog

we are playing in front of 8/9000 crowds while u work on your handicap.

You come on here to remind us of the empty seats that the lower leagues is where we belong and Blackburn doesn't deserve a football club in the top league.

However, we have spent more time and won more games than a lot of others I could mention.

Hughesy, where's your criticism of the defence? I'm sure you'd be having your say if it was Nelsen who'd allowed Kyrgiakos a free header on goal.

Phil Jones was poor at marking him on corners...and like a few others have said - Givet hasnt been up to scratch lately either.

Nelsen would have made little difference today - its Samba we missed

Hughesy, where's your criticism of the defence? I'm sure you'd be having your say if it was Nelsen who'd allowed Kyrgiakos a free header on goal.

Lets be honest, did any of really think that Liverpool would not start to turn their season around at some stage? They do have better players than Rovers have, they have spent more on their squad. The result is a bad result (as is any defeat) The first half was a bad display, second an improvement. Rovers lost by one goal, yet they played badly. Other seasons Rovers have lost by many goals - not just by one. Bad day at the office for Rovers today. Rovers had no Samba and lost Nzonze early on.

No we will stay up because we have a manager who knows how to get the results in the matches that define our season.

Stoke?

Sunderland?

Birmingham?

VERY lucky result against Blackpool?

Doing a good job of that isn't he Hughsey?

Lets be honest, did any of really think that Liverpool would not start to turn their season around at some stage? They do have better players than Rovers have, they have spent more on their squad. The result is a bad result (as is any defeat) The first half was a bad display, second an improvement. Rovers lost by one goal, yet they played badly. Other seasons Rovers have lost by many goals - not just by one. Bad day at the office for Rovers today. Rovers had no Samba and lost Nzonze early on.

Hughesy always criticises Nelsen when he makes a mistake but never criticises any of the other defenders. I just like proving a point :P

Most posts during the game have painted a terrible picture of Rovers' performance.

A question for those that went to Anfield.

Was it as a bad as Wigan away under Ince?

The performance today was nowhere near as bad as Wigan under Ince, but if Liverpool had been 4 up at H/T we’d not have had cause for complaint.

Again Allardyces away policy, which incidentally is now becoming his home policy, to play for a draw rather than a win is disgusting. The few fans that bothered paid £41 today to watch that cr@p, and I’m afraid its not been good enough up to now and isn’t going to get any better.

The man has to change his approach to games or go, simple as that.

read a few post's from people who i presume didnt go to the game! someone mentioned we couldent have complained about being 4-0 down at HT, what a load of utter bollo*s!!! in the first half i think we did a pretty good job of keeping liverpool at bay, but they are always going to get chances, its liverpool playing at anfield!. we did our usual of not concentrating after HT, jesus was unmarked to score from a corner, and you cant give torres that much space, although he did look offside! but if people want to complain and moan about this game, do us all a favor and stay away from games in the future! and to answer your question GAV, it wasent a bad performance atall, never mind as bad as ince at wigan!

The performance today was nowhere near as bad as Wigan under Ince, but if Liverpool had been 4 up at H/T we’d not have had cause for complaint.

Again Allardyces away policy, which incidentally is now becoming his home policy, to play for a draw rather than a win is disgusting. The few fans that bothered paid £41 today to watch that cr@p, and I’m afraid its not been good enough up to now and isn’t going to get any better.

The man has to change his approach to games or go, simple as that.

Thanks for that, GAV. So it's not "sack sam" time yet.

I agree with your last sentence, though.

read a few post's from people who i presume didnt go to the game! someone mentioned we couldent have complained about being 4-0 down at HT, what a load of utter bollo*s!!! in the first half i think we did a pretty good job of keeping liverpool at bay, but they are always going to get chances, its liverpool playing at anfield!. we did our usual of not concentrating after HT, jesus was unmarked to score from a corner, and you cant give torres that much space, although he did look offside! but if people want to complain and moan about this game, do us all a favor and stay away from games in the future! and to answer your question GAV, it wasent a bad performance atall, never mind as bad as ince at wigan!

#### me, I'd love to see what you're like when we play WELL!

Archived