BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ins and outs

nicko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still find it slightly odd that we may back the manager, with permanent signings, when he only has the job until the end of the this season (loans signings are different of course).

Also, most Premier League clubs have a pretty comprehensive backroom staff teams these days - would be surprised if no one is brought in soon to help out.

Clearly the Venky's want young and talented players to be brought in. Any manager that comes in (if Kean doesn't get the job permanently) should be able to make a team out of them - if they're good enough.

Yes, its probably the same people who are consistantly wide of the mark.

Ireland isnt of the calibre to take Rovers into the top five.

If we are looking that high up the table, may as well look at the top 4, where there are greater rewards due to Champions League football - novice manager & £5 million transfer kitty - this could be a truly special era we are entering which we may never forget.

If we are looking that high up the table, may as well look at the top 4, where there are greater rewards due to Champions League football - novice manager & £5 million transfer kitty - this could be a truly special era we are entering which we may never forget.

Unlike your posts which are about as rememberable as an X factor winner.

ORIOL ROMEU...a real talent...Villa were into him last week...but Rovers came in later on...it would appear to be a straight choice between the two...this started AFTER the summit in India by the sounds of it...yes, he is young and clearly inexperienced...but he can play...and Barca want him out on loan for game exprience, so you would have to convicne them he would get that...a no-brainer if it can be done...watch out for more players of that age and calibre on the manager's list.

Romeu is very highly thought of amongst Barca fans - there were some dead against the signing of Mascherano because of the impact it would have on Romeu. He's widely expected to be a big part of the first team in 2 or 3 years time. He would be an unbelievable coup, even on loan.

Just a thought on all the speculation about January, how often do players join a team mid-season to play for a manager who is only guaranteed to be there for another 5 months? It's kind of a chicken and egg scenario, Kean needs to sign the players to stay around, but the players might only sign if he's going to be there for another year or two. Yes I know there's no loyalty in football, but how many players would be willing to uproot their family and move (potentially to another country) for a mere half year guarantee?

Just a thought on all the speculation about January, how often do players join a team mid-season to play for a manager who is only guaranteed to be there for another 5 months? It's kind of a chicken and egg scenario, Kean needs to sign the players to stay around, but the players might only sign if he's going to be there for another year or two. Yes I know there's no loyalty in football, but how many players would be willing to uproot their family and move (potentially to another country) for a mere half year guarantee?

That is what they were discussing on the TV & radio today - of course money is usually the key factor but players sometimes want to come and play for a manager they have heard of as I mentioned earlier he has only got the job for a few months.

January is not far away so we will find out shortly the type of player we can attract.

Not many I imagine, but that doesn't matter. Just think positive!

True, going off the last two home games we've suddenly become the worst team in this league and that aint good.

On the bright side, Fulham, Wolves and even Villa are having nightmares of their own, but we need to turn it around quickly or we'll be in real trouble. The festive fixture pile-up doesn't help either, this many games in quick succession doesn't give our new manager time to impress his ideas on the squad.

Central midfield urgently needs sorting. If we're going to play 4-4-2 then we need a pair of mobile box to box midfielders. Dunny and Pedersen didn't cut it today, and I don't think Charlie Adam would fit that system.

On the bright side, Fulham, Wolves and even Villa are having nightmares of their own, but we need to turn it around quickly or we'll be in real trouble. The festive fixture pile-up doesn't help either, this many games in quick succession doesn't give our new manager time to impress his ideas on the squad.

Central midfield urgently needs sorting. If we're going to play 4-4-2 then we need a pair of mobile box to box midfielders. Dunny and Pedersen didn't cut it today, and I don't think Charlie Adam would fit that system.

The fact that two of those teams have had managerial changes tells you something I think... and don't forget Liverpool!

would like to see o'hara or bradley johnson,adel taraabt,robbie keane and maybe totti (would be the marquee signing owners are after)any of them would improve our team dramatically especially taraabt.,i'd like to see benjani,emerton,eh diouf and roberts leave in january.

We played 532 yesterday.

Archived