SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview 04/11/10

OhmiBRFC

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get this right...

8th in the league, 3-0 up...and people are criticising the choice of substitution?

Unbelievable, it really is.

Nearly as unbelievable as the calls to sack the manager. That's now 12 out of a possible 18 points in the last six games. Not bad with zero budget.

I'm sorry, Chuck. We'll only post with your approval from now on.

That level is reply is consistent with all your posts at the moment. You probably had to take that approach because you can't actually justify the criticism.

It's the manner in which they are written that gets me. If it had said something like "Would have been nice to see Niko instead of Benjani" then fair enough (in fact I would have agreed), but they're written with that snide, sarcastic tone that just isn't necessary on a day like today.

• Backroom

Excellent and much-needed result after last weekend. We had a shaky start but once we scored the second goal there was only ever going to be one winner. Wolves offered very little today outside of the opening five minutes, we were solid and when a team defends set-pieces as badly as Wolves did today, a team like us who specializes in set-pieces will always be ready to take advantage.

Onwards and upwards, we're in a great position considering the run of games we have coming up, and if we strengthen accordingly in January we have a good chance of finishing top-half this year.

Turtle and Snail running against the keeper and didnt wanna put the ball in did they. Overall a good performance, but lets not get carried away either. A brilliant recovery from last week. Up to 8th in the table is a bonus even for a day. Bring in the right players in January and we could settle in around this position come the end of the season.

That level is reply is consistent with all your posts at the moment. You probably had to take that approach because you can't actually justify the criticism.

You'll construe anything as a slight against Sam in order to get your high-horse.

It's the manner in which they are written that gets me. If it had said something like "Would have been nice to see Niko instead of Benjani" then fair enough (in fact I would have agreed), but they're written with that snide, sarcastic tone that just isn't necessary on a day like today.

Such as?

It was clearly an observation. Kalinic is so highly-rated that Mame Diouf & a half-fit Benjani all got picked ahead of him. Doesn't say a lot for the manager's faith in him.

You'll construe anything as a slight against Sam in order to get your high-horse.

It was clearly an observation. Kalinic is so highly-rated that Mame Diouf & a half-fit Benjani all got picked ahead of him. Doesn't say a lot for the manager's faith in him.

No construing required by me at all, the tone of your posts involving Sam is clear to all.

You know Kalinic has started 10 out of 16 league games? Nothing at all to suggest Sam doesn't have faith in him. I'd say the complete opposite, to pick him the number the number of times Sam has over the past 18 months despite his goal record suggest Sam has a lot of faith in him.

I thought up until the last twenty minutes we were very good today - although Wolves were absolutely awful! In the last twenty we defended superbly, but could not hold onto the ball which put us under constant pressure..

Le Chuck - Sam does get massive kudos for the win, but I think it is legitimate to ask why Hoilett wasn't brough on. His pace and directness would have caused huge problems for a Wolves defence at sea. Morris looks like he has a decent cross but not the pace to really trouble them on the break.

If the two Dioufs had better games we could have won 6-0.

Anyway, great performance after the thrashing last week. Onwards and upwards. Pedersen, Samba, Nelsen, Salgado, Robinson and Roberts were all absolutely excellent.

ps. Massive resoect to Roberts who, for my money, looks the best he ever has for us. Great touch and strength. It will be a shame when he goes.

nice win. But if it wasn't for Robinson's collection of great saves today....let's just say the defense will need some serious examination over January too.

Not really MrE, the defenders all played very well. Wolves were throwing everything forward and our weakness in midfield meant that we couldn't keep hold of the ball.

One point to make. I think its safe to say now that Robinson is currently at his best form, and gives Brad a run for his money during his best days. Brad still tips it cause his best was around the time when we were regularly upsetting the bigger sides and finishing in the European places.

Archived