BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview 04/11/10

OhmiBRFC

You should all know that it's my birthday and therefore there is no chance we are going to win ;)

Having looked at that team it is no wonder we lost 7-1 last week. I'm all for giving players a chance but that team fills me with no confidence at all.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This blame Sam for everything is getting very tedious.

Eh? Who else's fault is it then?

Sam's quick enough to pick up the credit when we get a good result (which is fair enough) so he must take the criticism when there is a bad one as well.

I think everyone has got off last weekend's debacle extremely lightly simply because it was Manchester United. We've had about seventeen years in the Premiership and never really had a reverse like that, it was also the worst result for FORTY years which has included times when as a Club we hardly had enough money to pay the paper bill yet we still didn't have any results like that.

Still onwards and upwards and if we csn get nine or ten points from the next five games the United result will hopefully become largely irrelevant.

Still no excuse for going out and not putting up a fight though.

Although we have a couple of injuries, they are mainly to fringe players, we have quite a few options tomorrow but I would be tempted to go with:

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Samba Givet

Diouf Jones Pedersen Morris

Hoilett

Benjani

Would rather Hoilett than Dunn from the start, whilst Dunn certainly has the capacity to make something, this season he's been poor and looks like a spent force. I imagine Roberts will start up front alone but I really feel Hoilett could do some damage running off Benjani or Roberts.

Why not give Morris a shot on the wing, he looks like he can deliver a cross at least. Other than that the other Diouf could play on the left or play Hoilett on the wing with MB Diouf behind Roberts or Benji.

I can't see any reason for anything other than a comfortable win. 2-1 (Rovers to concede late to make a comfortable game edgy)

Roberts surely has to start.

He had what I thought was his best game in a Rovers shirt against Vila.

Shame he wants to leave in January, he's currently our only striker displaying any sort of form.

Tough one. Last week aside our form's ok but it's how we respond to that hiding that counts.

I've just been chatting to a colleague, who's a season ticket holder at the Molineux and, like me, going tomorrow. Wolves have injuries of their own and are bobbins away from home but they'll fancy it after we were so dire last week.

I reckon 0-0 or 1-0 to us but I'm very, very nervous about my first home game of the season.

• Backroom

Roberts surely has to start.

He had what I thought was his best game in a Rovers shirt against Vila.

Shame he wants to leave in January, he's currently our only striker displaying any sort of form.

You're probably right there, Benjani can't last 90 but it's just a case of which one is the better option from the bench.

Feeling very confident about tomorrow and see us winning by at least 2 clear goals.

Wolves also have injuries - they will be missing 2 lads in midfield who are key for them (Henry & Jones) which should allow our midfield to 'function'.

A bit of chit chat - Sam has apparently had his ear burnt this week and subsequently, some players have had a right kick-up the arse.

Expect us to come out tomorrow all guns blazing and game will be over by 3.30 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh? Who else's fault is it then?

The bloomin' players!

I suggest only the people who wont accept anything the manager does is right, would argue that the players have no responsibility when on the pitch. That team should have been good enough to do much better than they did - wouldn't you agree?

I could guess who gave the four +1s as well. :)

Wolves are bottom but don't deserve to be there. They play fairly good football so don't presume a walk over.

There are only two teams playing rubbish football in the Prem., West Ham Utd an A.N.Other who shall be nameless.

Difficult game for Rovers tomorrow but if the right Rovers turn up we should win. If the wrong Rovers turn up we're stuffed.

It's up to the players; right, Den?

Difficult game for Rovers tomorrow but if the right Rovers turn up we should win. If the wrong Rovers turn up we're stuffed.

It's up to the players; right, Den?

Hello Bazza :)

You've been around rovers a long time, so you know as well as me, that the manager is responsible for getting the right players into the club, picks a team, get's 'em up for the game and sets out the tactics - yes? But at the end of the day, if the players don't turn up, there's sod all the manager can do.

It's not all down to the manager is it Bazza?

You've been around rovers a long time, so you know as well as me, that the manager is responsible for getting the right players into the club, picks a team, get's 'em up for the game and sets out the tactics - yes? But at the end of the day, if the players don't turn up, there's sod all the manager can do.

Fair comment but on the other hand if the manager clearly doesn't regard a particular fixture as a top priority one and rests key players etc. its hardly surprising if the team fail to show up.

Someone living on Livsey, says it's really bad at the moment and has been for the last couple of hours.

Livesey has been bad for years...oh, wait, do you mean with snow? ;)

Hope the game is on. No official noises about it being off, though, so fingers crossed.

Tough one. Last week aside our form's ok but it's how we respond to that hiding that counts.

I've just been chatting to a colleague, who's a season ticket holder at the Molineux and, like me, going tomorrow. Wolves have injuries of their own and are bobbins away from home but they'll fancy it after we were so dire last week.

I reckon 0-0 or 1-0 to us but I'm very, very nervous about my first home game of the season.

Easy Si...

I might not get a first home game of the season... far away in Spain. Feeling the nerves of this game none the less, but reckon we'll beat them by two clear goals, 3-1.

Also... drink one for me!

LOL just reading the other comments and catching up with the weather you all got up there... was up to 17 on the boards in Sevilla today :xmas:

Heavy snow down here. Think I'll have to make a judgement on it tomorrow morning.

Ricky and other travellers, five miles west of Ewood we have a light, cold rain and slight thaw. For the first time in at least a week my car is not covered in frost / ice. It will be a very damp sort of cold at the game IMO.

Strong gusty wind last night which I thought might bring snow but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Good luck!!

Archived