BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves Preview 04/11/10

OhmiBRFC

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick heads up to those who are thinking of traveling to the game from distance. It has rained a little this morning in Blackburn and some of the snow has cleared. I would be very surprised if the game was called off.

Will try an keep you updated on the weather front if I get a chance.

Cheers, most of my mates have gone to Australia to watch the cricket, I can see the attendance suffering due to all of those who have gone to Aus for some sun and entertainment (teasing the Aus fans!). ;)

So its on then?

where is Hughsey "The Weatherman" when we need him :closedeyes:

Just a quick heads up to those who are thinking of traveling to the game from distance. It has rained a little this morning in Blackburn and some of the snow has cleared. I would be very surprised if the game was called off.

Will try an keep you updated on the weather front if I get a chance.

Thanks for the update, Blue n White.

Have checked the weather for today and no snow forecast at the moment.

Looks like the Aylesbury branch will be leaving in 20 minutes!

I live in Great Harwood about 5 miles from Ewood.

Current weather conditions are overcast, very little wind and significantly no sign of snow, also the temperature has definitely increased as my car windscreen is ice/frost free.

My opinion is that the game will be on but wrap up as it's going to be cold n damp out there on terraces!

I beg to differ. We NEED to win. 21 points in early December sets us up for a 30 point haul turning into the early new year, relieving pressure and going into the window looking upwards rather than downwards in terms of the table. Wolves are in the bottom 3, there are no excuses, compared to last week.

I beg to differ. This is a must draw game. We need a point. Or do we? Damn, we need three points...it's a must win game, yes that's right a must win game. What if we lose though? Damn, that won't be good. Damn, damn, damn, losing to Wolves. Damn, losing to Wolves at home! We must not lose, yes - I mean no - we must not lose, so it's a must not lose game.

What if we win by four goals? That would be good....right, it's a win by four goals game, yes, come on!! Win by four goals. Damn, what if we lose by three? Our goal difference is already sh!te after last week's defeat, so we mustn't lose by three.............. :o

I beg to differ. We NEED to win. 21 points in early December sets us up for a 30 point haul turning into the early new year, relieving pressure and going into the window looking upwards rather than downwards in terms of the table. Wolves are in the bottom 3, there are no excuses, compared to last week.

I agree with that. we do need to win this game. if we can get to 30 points by new year game against Sunderland then with couple of signings in January we can push for a European place than.

I think we will win 2 nil today and my team for the game is:-

Robinson; Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet; E.Diouf, Dunn, Jones, Pedersen, Hoilett, Roberts.

Subs:- Bunn, Langanzi, Emerton, M.Diouf, Morris, Benjani, Hanley

I don't think the club need the win as much as the manager does. He'll be in a precarious position if we were to lose, given that Venky's appear very non-committal in their interviews.

Given that Venky's are being advised and assisted by Kentaro, who Jerome Anderson seems to be heavily involved with, could it be that Anderson in that past has had some run-in with BFS and has told Venky's that Sam's not up to the job? Just find their lack of commitment - particularly when the manager's contract is up in summer anyway - a bit odd.

Hum. Olsson, Kialinic, Nzonzi and Emerton are out which is a bit of a bugger. Team I would go for....

----------------------------Roberts

--EH Diouf----Pedersen-------Jones------Hoilett

Morris------------------------------------------------Salgado

----------------Givet------Nelsen-----Samba

---------------------------Robinson

Subs:- Bunn, Hanley, Chimbonda, Goulon, Dunn, Benjani, MB DIouf,

I couldn't be more strongly against fielding any sort of weakened side or even Sam's concept of more winnable and less winnable games. In my view you have to treat every single game exactly the same, field your strongest possible side every time and give it everything. If that turns out not to be good enough so be it.

Where Sam's approach falls down imo is that every so often you will be the recipient of amazing strokes of good fortune in a game or you will catch a team like Manchester United on an off day. However if you're not putting your own best foot forward you're not putting yourself in a position to benefit from said good fortune.

Incidentally Den I note you seem highly critical of McCarthy "Throwing" that game in the other thread but you seemingly have no objection to Sam taking a similar approach?

Archived