BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

Too many drama queens on this thread/site.

Whilst today performance was awful, it was no worse than its been of late. It was encouraging to see us taking the odd short throw, and in parts some of our build up play relied on short crisp passing not hoof ball, but it was limited I agree.

Not the best, but a points better than non, onwards and upwards.

Mmmmmmm....... 'no worse than its been of late'? you would have lambasted Allardyce for today's showing my friend.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't at the game but I have heard from two people now that the pre-match warm-up looked shambolic. Then we lost two players to muscle pulls.

We only lost Roberts to a muscle pull. Maybe the cold weather didn't help.

I completely disagree. Defensively we were all over the place. Possession wise we would be passing without any impetus. Chances? I dont think we tested the keeper once other than the goal. This was a home banker under Sam, and we all know it.

The thing was when was the last time we looked like losing at home in the last few minutes of a game, more so than looking like winning against one of the bottom sides?

Fulham?

Too many drama queens on this thread/site.

Whilst today performance was awful, it was no worse than its been of late. It was encouraging to see us taking the odd short throw, and in parts some of our build up play relied on short crisp passing not hoof ball, but it was limited I agree.

Not the best, but a points better than non, onwards and upwards.

good post people seem to forget we decided to try to play through midfield lets give the guy a chance,our midfield hadnt seen the ball for a couple of seasons they have to get used to each other again, and by the way WE ALL support blackburn rovers ,sams gone hes not going to come back lets see what the next chapter brings before we condem what we think is going on.

I've not read the thread since coming home but no doubt my thoughts will just be an echo... What an absolute dire game of football.

With Sam in charge there's no doubt in my mind we'd have seen a repeat of the Wolves game scoreline. Obviously the root of this performance stems from Venky's but I'd expect our players to be professional enough to see off a side low on confidence and there for the taking. Too many key players had absolute shockers with the main culprits being Emerton, Dunn & Benjani.

For me though, the worse performance was from the '12th man'. Our fans were terrible. On a day when we all needed to get behind our team the atmosphere at Ewood was as though we were 3-0 down from the kick off. I thought Rovers started off brightly and who knows, if we the fans, had responded and got behind player performances may have been lifted. Yes I know this is not the 'norm' but when we needed to support our team I dont think we delivered.

Tactically, from the start we looked very positive with MB Diouf looking lively but when Jason Roberts went off (or more telling Benjani came on) it fell apart. It was shouting out for Olsson to come on down the left - too many times we had the ball out there and we had to turn back because of a lack of a left footer who could go past the fullback. Unfortunately injuries prevented us from making positive substitutions but we really should have won this with the side that was on the field at full time.

I hope we can work on things before the next game - we wont be as fortunate to come away with a point should we play like that in our next home game...

22,000 gate.....I have never seen it so empty in the JWUpper for a league game for years, even on the Championship.

Easily sub 20,000

Do we now have owners/agents who massage the gates, as well as trying to rewrite history, and stifle Radio Rovers

Perhaps the gate included absent season ticket holders, of which there were many?

WTF is the censoring of phone calls to radio rovers all about?

Wasn't at the game, couldn't get down from Scotland, but was surprised not to see pace out wide (Olssen and/or Hoillett)

Mmmmmmm....... 'no worse than its been of late'? you would have lambasted Allardyce for today's showing my friend.

It was poor no doubt about that, but we tried to play a bit more football instead of the big punt, and that was encouraging.

A highly respected board member said to me during the second half, that this was the first time we have looked a relegation side. He was dead right. Plain to see the sacking of Allardyce had knocked the stuffing out of the players.

Still, this squad is capable of playing better, more attractive football eh? Wonder what Venky's think tonight?

Totally agree with you den. I thought a number of the players looked bewildered at times. Kean seemed to have tried to change the system - presumably under orders from Mrs Desai - but we simply don't have the players to play the type of football these owners want.

West Ham were probably the poorest side I've seen in a long while and yet we were unable to put them under any sustained pressure. Their goalkeeper looked distinctly uncomfortable and yet we failed to put him under any pressure from free-kicks or long throws. Today was made for a Sam style attack but instead of which we tried to play intricate passes but invariably we lost possession because of poor execution or because the receiving player was unable to retain the ball.

I know it's early days, but this first performance of Venky Rovers was inept to say the least. With Jones out long term and Roberts missing for the next few weeks, Kean is going to have to get his act together very quickly if we are not to end the Christmas/New Year period in the relegation mire.

It was poor no doubt about that, but we tried to play a bit more football instead of the big punt, and that was encouraging.

I was more encouraged with the big punt that served up a 3-0 win over Wolves! Despite what Mrs Desai would have us believe, football is about winning. It always has been and it always will be and the quicker Mrs. Desai discovers that truth the quicker we will get the points needed for Premier League survival.

Thawed out now.

Well that was a shet star to the bright new era.

I thought Steve Keen bottled it today, he had the chance to make a statement especially after we'd been hearing about how he worked well with the youth etc. As soon as we got the team news (going with the older 'professionals') it was going to be a long day. It's not rocket science, we've been pointing out to the last 3 managers......

WE HAVE NO PACE.

We could have managed the 3 substitutions and still had attacking threat had Hoilett & Olsson started on the wings. Dunn on the left wing, WTF. Regrettably the lad is finished at this level, as is Benjani.

We have three mobile players in the side today, Emerton, Diouf 2 & Salgado - the oldest guy on the pitch can run rings fitness wise round half of our team.

Thought only Pedersen and Diouf 2 were the only players to emerge with any credit today.

I also noted Keen's strange comment about the injuries meaning we had no defensive midfielder on the pitch - he never picked one.

Can you make a judgement on one game, harsh, but looked out his depth today. We need an experienced manager and at least 4 new players in January. Over to you Venkys.

I can see we tried to pass the ball and it was good to see the ball moving forward on occassions with what I felt was a greater degree of control than under Allardyce. Despite this we offered no threat and created no real chances. Several players had terrible games including Emerton who I thought tried really hard but nothing worked for him. Dunny is clearly knackered. At half time I felt OKish with the performance given the weather, the circumstances, etc. etc. As the second half wore on we just got worse and worse and worse, losing our shape completely until by 70-75 minutes it occurred to me that for the first time this season I was watching a team with relegation written right through it. We looked to be in very bad shape. if we play like this against Stoke they will slaughter us.

Interesting the first time the Venky's logo appeared on the big screen, about five minutes in, it was booed and the logo didn't appear again. So Venky's lost out big time because we will be at least second on MOTD tonight and the logo won't get any exposure. What a state of affairs this is, the owner's logo is withdrawn from the main advertising screen in the ground for fear it might cause a problem in the crowd.

I understand Radio Rovers took no calls tonight. Now RR has always been a bit tricky with fans who criticise the club but never kept them off the air. Now we have club, no make that owner, sponsored censorship. Venky's you cannot silence the fans, we will have our say.

As for 22000 in the ground - my row was empty apart from me. There were gaps everywhere, it snowed, we know why the crowd was down, there is no need to massage the numbers.

Mrs Desai I went the extra mile today, well five, to support my team. This is the football club you own and you have to start going the extra mile. Many of us have seen relegation sides before, in the last six days your management have transformed Blackburn Rovers into a side with relegation written all over it. If we lose to Stoke there will be crisis both on and off the pitch. £5m will buy you nothing, you need to invest in rebuilding confidence, keep your promises and steady the ship. Look at the club again in the summer, you cannot change it mid season.

We now have two seperate entities the Rao family and Blackburn Rovers, in three short weeks this division has been created by our new owners. It's your choice Mrs Desai. The Rao family have everything to prove and we, Blackburn Rovers, have everything to lose.

Never seen such a demoralised and unmotivated bunch of people in my life and the players weren't much better were they?

;-)

If that was the player's "protest" match well I am glad it's over...

Never have I witnessed such a lack lustre performance in recent times (since Ince), the players are obviously disenchanted with the occurrences of the past few days (weeks?) and it showed on the pitch today.

Total complete disinterest and no heart or soul from the majority of players and who can blame them, I just hope this is a blip and we can put the events of the past week to bed now and move on from it and I think Benjani should never grace the pitch again for us, he was beyond crap.

p.s. WTF were them two teddy things wandering around the pitch, have they sacked roar as well now?

p.p.s. And who shuddered inside when they saw the Venky's advertisement on the electronic advert boards through out the match, I know I did.

I can see we tried to pass the ball and it was good to see the ball moving forward on occassions with what I felt was a greater degree of control than under Allardyce. Despite this we offered no threat and created no real chances. Several players had terrible games including Emerton who I thought tried really hard but nothing worked for him. Dunny is clearly knackered. At half time I felt OKish with the performance given the weather, the circumstances, etc. etc. As the second half wore on we just got worse and worse and worse, losing our shape completely until by 70-75 minutes it occurred to me that for the first time this season I was watching a team with relegation written right through it. We looked to be in very bad shape. if we play like this against Stoke they will slaughter us.

Interesting the first time the Venky's logo appeared on the big screen, about five minutes in, it was booed and the logo didn't appear again. So Venky's lost out big time because we will be at least second on MOTD tonight and the logo won't get any exposure. What a state of affairs this is, the owner's logo is withdrawn from the main advertising screen in the ground for fear it might cause a problem in the crowd.

I understand Radio Rovers took no calls tonight. Now RR has always been a bit tricky with fans who criticise the club but never kept them off the air. Now we have club, no make that owner, sponsored censorship. Venky's you cannot silence the fans, we will have our say.

As for 22000 in the ground - my row was empty apart from me. There were gaps everywhere, it snowed, we know why the crowd was down, there is no need to massage the numbers.

Mrs Desai I went the extra mile today, well five, to support my team. This is the football club you own and you have to start going the extra mile. Many of us have seen relegation sides before, in the last six days your management have transformed Blackburn Rovers into a side with relegation written all over it. If we lose to Stoke there will be crisis both on and off the pitch. £5m will buy you nothing, you need to invest in rebuilding confidence, keep your promises and steady the ship. Look at the club again in the summer, you cannot change it mid season.

We now have two seperate entities the Rao family and Blackburn Rovers, in three short weeks this division has been created by our new owners. It's your choice Mrs Desai. The Rao family have everything to prove and we, Blackburn Rovers, have everything to lose.

p.p.s. And who shuddered inside when they saw the Venky's advertisement on the electronic advert boards through out the match, I know I did.

I may be wrong but I'm sure the same advertisements were shown on the electronic boards throughout the Wolves game, may be just more noticeable given the current situation. Showing their logo up on the big screen was a big mistake however, the reaction was going to be obvious. Thankfully someone had the sense not to put it up again.

Didn't West Ham's equalizer begin when Dunn was left on his arse? He's finished at this level and we've got to stop clinging to him. Speaking of 'clinging', it looked like he had a gut when he was leaving the pitch. That's ridiculous for a professional footballer.

It's not ridiculous for a professional drinker though.

If no one can hear the alarm bells then they certainly should do so now.

We have failed to beat a miserable, bottom of the league side.

With Sam, we would have blown them away.

A foreign debutant keeper - with Sam, the guy wouldn't have known where he was or what he was doing after 15 minutes - instead, he had an easy afternoon.

The saying goes - if it aint broke then don't fix it.

I really feel that we are in big, big trouble and heading for relegation.

I am certain Kean got it tactically wrong today and didn't cut the authoritative and inspirational figure needed.

Something died in my heart this week with the Rovers and I sensed it is the same with many I spoke with today.

When have we ever "blown a side away" with Sam Allardyce? How's his record against West Ham for us? It was a poor game today, but lamenting about "Sam would have got it!" is both pointless and impossible to tell.

Phil Jones out for 4-5 months

(Please don't use that word again) (Please don't use that word again) (Please don't use that word again) (Please don't use that word again)

Try looking on the bright side! Nobody's going to take him off us in January now.:rolleyes:

I was glad the game was on at 2:59pm, at 8:46pm I want all our matches frozen off until we have better players signed, a clued up manager an new flamin owners. I want to go back to laughing at the state Pompey and wham got themselves in just can't get my head around the fact after all the umming and aaring we went to the biggest jokers of the lot.

Jones and samba and Roberts injuries..deary me if I was asked to name the 3 players we couldn't afford to be without it's those 3 everytime, when the wheels come off they really come off gonna be one shoddy looking 1st 11 next week.

Dunn and benjani must know tonight that they are finished and Steve kean had better bloody know it if he wants to be taken seriously.

Feeling very pessemistic tonight.

Archived