BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

Only a sad, small minded man like yourself would continually try and use the fact I'm a doctor to make insults against me.

They didn't teach me to read in med school, since they only accepted the very highest achievers I'm pretty sure I needed to read before I got in.

We were a shambles everywhere. We were playing the bottom team in the league, at home, and were lucky to come away with a point.

Tell you what, you stop mentioning it in your posts every couple of weeks as though we're supposed to be impressed ('very highest achievers'), and I'll stop referring to it.

Allardyce has gone. Maybe he would have got his first win for us against WHU, maybe he wouldn't.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start with positives:

We have one point than this morning.

A dreadful dreadful performance against terrible opposition.

We all knew we were 6 players away from being even a half decent team and the way we tried to play today just empahasised that.

We could have had 7 up front today and it would have made no difference. We had no-one able to get the ball to them.

Robinson. Best passer of a ball on the pitch today. 6/10

Salgado. Usual decent game and one great tackle. 6/10

Givet. Not good enough. 5/10

Nelsen. Solid as usual. 7/10

Samba. Defensively good, not forward enough.

Diouf. Only in the team to win free kicks. If were not asking him to do that what's the point. 4/10

Dunn. So bad it was untrue. Was going to give him 1/10, but after his effort in the build up to the goal... 0/10

Emerton. Willing but unable. 4/10

Pedersen. The only threat and covered miles. 7.5/10

Roberts. Too cold today?? 5/10

Diouf 2. Lively but starved of the ball. 5.5/10

Benjani. Useless. 3/10

Jones. Oh no. 5/10

Hanley. Struggled with Cole. 5/10

We are asking players to do things they are not capable of. Definately going down i'm afraid, unlerss a new manager comes in now and has at least a method of scoring goals, and brings in 4 good players in the window.

Credit to the players they tried to do as they were asked but couldn't do it.

Kean out.

That was a really poor performance, especially by Dunny, Dioufy (El-Hadj) and Emo. Pedersen and M.B. Diouf the only real performance today, with Nelsen on a third place.

Really poor. Why on earth don't we never ever play Kalinic and Olsson?

People spending their time defending or analyzing this performance are wasting their time.

What happened today was unacceptable and has just finished off an embarrassing week for our club.

Playing at home against the weakest team in the league, who put in their most miserable, error-prone performance I've seen yet and failing to win is simply shocking.

Doesnt matter if you want to argue that we played better, Sam would've drawn it as well or whatever the excuse is, but our new owners got rid of the decision at a ridiculous time claiming they wanted better football and a top five finish. Tonight we showed evidence of neither.

If the sacking occurred at the end of the season or in a bad position for the club, I would've said 'fair enough' to their reasons. Sacking a manager halfway through a very good season (at that point) though for those reasons means we have a right to expect nothing else but instant results.

Today I had a flashback to the horror days of Ince. Completely unimpressed and filled with anger at the goings on at our club right now.

"Having said that, with the injuries we've picked up during the game, at one stage we were really left with no defensive midfielders on the pitch, so with that in mind I suppose any point you've got to respect." Steve Kean

I'm sorry, when did we have any defensive midfielders on the pitch??

Just read that Jones and Roberts are out for a while. Horrible. I have no idea why Jones was even dropped for this game. He was our best player against Bolton and he gets dropped?

Either it was a stupid decision to drop him or he wasn't fully fit, in which case he shouldn't have even been brought on to risk the injury.

So angry I could punch a wall.

What's the news on Samba?

Just read that Jones and Roberts are out for a while. Horrible. I have no idea why Jones was even dropped for this game. He was our best player against Bolton and he gets dropped?

Either it was a stupid decision to drop him or he wasn't fully fit, in which case he shouldn't have even been brought on to risk the injury.

So angry I could punch a wall.

What's the news on Samba?

Keane said he was tired.

Just a twinge in the ankle apparently so he should be ok for Stoke.

That was a really poor performance, especially by Dunny, Dioufy (El-Hadj) and Emo. Pedersen and M.B. Diouf the only real performance today, with Nelsen on a third place.

He's finished and has been for a bit.

"Having said that, with the injuries we've picked up during the game, at one stage we were really left with no defensive midfielders on the pitch, so with that in mind I suppose any point you've got to respect." Steve Kean

I'm sorry, when did we have any defensive midfielders on the pitch??

We didn't,what planet is Kean on?!!!

A highly respected board member said to me during the second half, that this was the first time we have looked a relegation side. He was dead right. Plain to see the sacking of Allardyce had knocked the stuffing out of the players.

Still, this squad is capable of playing better, more attractive football eh? Wonder what Venky's think tonight?

Game was crying out for those two. Olsson especially. Starting with Dunn out wide was a terrible decision.

Just got back and god damn it was cold and the football did nothing to warm me up, The crowd were really quiet, even more than usual and the players, well if thats entertaining football Venky's can keep it, im not saying we played all that bad but we lacked any real ideas going forward, infact half the players once they had passed the ball forward just stopped running forward or in any direction :wacko:

we just kept crossing the ball in the hope of someone getting on the end of it but it just did'nt happen, some players today played really well like Salgado, Pederson and M Diouf and some were just dire Benjani, E Diouf and some were just David Dunn, he was absolutely pathetic today and he looks like his prem playing days are about done and dusted and that would'nt bother me one iota, all in all the players looked really disinterested and did'nt look motivated in the slightest, they did'nt press the players, get forward to offer support and when they did they did'nt rush back.

Manager watch, Well I dont think he did well at all, we were ok until the forced subs, but Benjani for Roberts, massive mistake, he was shocking all game, Not replacing Dunn at half time was a bad mistake, and also instead of putting on Hanley who looked shakey as hell when he came on, why did he not push Givet in the middle and bring olsson on? As the game drew on the croud were egging the players on as they looked so laidback and the manager really needed to be out giving it death.

As good as Keen is or could be I'm going to make a big kneejerk reaction and say we need a manager in fast because out of all our faults on the pitch today the main one was the players really did'nt play for him and that is worrying.

A highly respected board member said to me during the second half, that this was the first time we have looked a relegation side. He was dead right. Plain to see the sacking of Allardyce had knocked the stuffing out of the players.

Still, this squad is capable of playing better, more attractive football eh? Wonder what Venky's think tonight?

They will probably say that "At least we tried to be positive in the cold weather and one point should move us up the rankings."

To$$ers!!

Horrible game from start to finish.Not a lot to say except that if Venkys think that side of ours can achieve top 5 then they are puddled.Three injuries to key players? WTF, thats all we need after this week!!

Excellent turnout of nearly 22,000 considering the conditions but you could feel a very real undercurrent of unrest amongst our support.The Venky's adverts on the big screen were welcomed with loud boo's.

ALL IS FAR FROM WELL AT EWOOD.

Just got back and god damn it was cold and the football did nothing to warm me up, The crowd were really quiet, even more than usual and the players, well if thats entertaining football Venky's can keep it, im not saying we played all that bad but we lacked any real ideas going forward, infact half the players once they had passed the ball forward just stopped running forward or in any direction :wacko:

we just kept crossing the ball in the hope of someone getting on the end of it but it just did'nt happen, some players today played really well like Salgado, Pederson and M Diouf and some were just dire Benjani, E Diouf and some were just David Dunn, he was absolutely pathetic today and he looks like his prem playing days are about done and dusted and that would'nt bother me one iota, all in all the players looked really disinterested and did'nt look motivated in the slightest, they did'nt press the players, get forward to offer support and when they did they did'nt rush back.

Manager watch, Well I dont think he did well at all, we were ok until the forced subs, but Benjani for Roberts, massive mistake, he was shocking all game, Not replacing Dunn at half time was a bad mistake, and also instead of putting on Hanley who looked shakey as hell when he came on, why did he not push Givet in the middle and bring olsson on? As the game drew on the croud were egging the players on as they looked so laidback and the manager really needed to be out giving it death.

As good as Keen is or could be I'm going to make a big kneejerk reaction and say we need a manager in fast because out of all our faults on the pitch today the main one was the players really did'nt play for him and that is worrying.

Totally agree, Olsson should replaced Samba and moving Givet to the middle. And Benjani was crap today! Kalinic should have done a lot better, I hope both Kalinic and Olsson starts against Stoke otherwise Kean can F**K up!

Archived