BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v West Ham

rovgers

265 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend as normal on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No - In protest
    • No - Unable to make it

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we've just been held at home by the bottom club who haven't won away since the first game last season. No it's not slitting wrist time, it never will be but your pro Venky drivel is getting very tiresome.

Its not pro Venky its Pro giving the new manager and owners a chance. If they dont put their money where needed I will join the bashing but until the Jan transfer window ends I am going to give all parties a chance.

P.s What was Sams record against West Ham for us?

*Cue the overreactions*

It was a pretty dour game at times but I'd also factor in the weather conditions and the injuries forcing his hand in the second half. I wasn't overly impressed with some of his selections as well. If we're going to play more attacking football, we need Olsson & Hoilett in there with their pace and energy. Diouf, Dunn, and Pedersen were all very poor today and gave us no cutting edge in the final third. Also, is there something amiss with Kalinic? I don't know how Benjani can get come on ahead of him or Hoilett for that matter.

A point was a fair result.

That's because they've got much better attackers players than we have.

We've been good. We had this game in the bag until the injuries.

I don't agree with this. West Ham could have scored quite a few today if they had counter attacked better - as could have we. It was a very even contest.

What worried me was our shape was all over the place, no one holding the midfield together. Dunn was abysmal too, Benjani not much better. Pedersen was outstanding, Nelsen and the two Dioufs were good.

Obviously Kean needs to be given fair amount of time to make his stamp, but the tactical looseness of the formation worried me. A better team than West Ham would have murdered us on the counter.

So many emotions going through my head. Points dropped, maybe point gained at the end. I can't help but feel that with Sam we would have had more chances. Why is Kalinic so far down the pecking order. we don't have the skillset or depth to switch from long ball to flowing football in the space of one game.

Could be a tense few weeks. hope we can pluck a few points around Xmas .

Just shows what lack of creativity we have in the centre and up front.

Counter attacks where we have a couple of players sprint with the ball and then turn, to pass back and a centre forward with the grace of a hippo and a non-existant first touch.

I personally feel Kalinic would have been the better option but I suppose Kean's game plan involved a strong/built striker, so swapping Roberts for Benjani was an easy option.

West Ham the better side in the last 20 minutes. Poor performance. No tactics. We used to win these games comfortably. We especially looked suspect at the back, completely all over the place.

I thought we would get a win beforehand but now I realized Kean has a tough job and to get this limited squad of players to perform is not an easy job.

Very disappointed.

And nothing good to look forward to.

I have my feelings in mind for Venkys but I cant put it on here.

I think it's easy to say Big Sam would have won today. Last season, when he was in charge, we didn't beat them so lets not pretend that we would have won today.

We played poor against a poor side.

The important thing is that Venkey's put their money where their mouth is and prove to us why it was the right decision to sack him.

Notwithstanding the injuries and the Mike Dean nonsense ruling out a perfectly OK goal, Big Sam football would have won that game as easily as we disposed of Wolves.

Jerome Anderson dropped a clanger for Rovers this afternoon.

Really! was he at the game

I agree, with Sam in charge we would have got a victory against a very poor WHU side.We look clueless going forward I hope "slumdogs" back up their drivel with cash.....more than 5M!

I can only see it getting worse! <_<

I wonder if Mrs Desai will do the post match interview? :wacko:

I think it's easy to say Big Sam would have won today. Last season, when he was in charge, we didn't beat them so lets not pretend that we would have won today.

I'm convinced we would have done.

Sam wouldn't have let their fourth choice rookie goalkeeper have such an easy ride. Criminal not to put him under pressure.

Archived