BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goodbye Sam - message to Venkys

jim mk2

Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?  

1. 1. Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?

• Yes, we need better if we are to progress
    • No, realistically he's as good as it gets and was doing ok
    • Maybe, I'm not sure, but I believe the club know what they are doing.
    • Other

Just like to record on here my thanks to Sam Allardyce for saving Rovers from relegation 2 seasons ago and saving the club from probable oblivion. His departure is a disgrace and an indictment on the new owners. I cannot believe John Williams would have approved of this decision. Is he the next to go ?

All those on here who disliked Allardyce and wanted him replaced have their wish. I hope I'm wrong but when this unnecessary upheaval ends in relegation this season or next they should hang their heads in shame.

I doubt if the new owners look at this site but all those who support Sam and are horrified by this decision might like to send a message to them by adding their names below.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to thank Sam for what he has done for Rovers, I'm not his biggest fan in the world but he did a vital job at the club. It looked like we were certs to go down after the Ince disaster, he came in made us hard to beat and kept us up- I couldn't think of many managers who could have done the same in that situation.

I wish Sam all the best for the future.

BIG SAM, we thank you for what you did for our club. For the first time, I began feeling like it was becoming your club. You deserved at least another 7 months at the helm to show how far you could take us.

I am ashamed by this sacking.

I just hope we dont fall apart at this critical point of the season.

Shocking decision - I can only hope that Venky's know what they're doing and have a proper replacement lined up.

Thanks for the job you did Sam. No matter what anyone says, results are more important than entertainment and we were always sure of results over 38 games from you.

Ignoring the vast minority who never took to you and blindly used the 'long ball merchant' tag, we appreciate what you've done and wish you the best for the future and your next job.

I was one of the more positive fans regarding Venky's takeover, but today I've lost a considerable amount of faith...

Now all of us who thought that the Venkys were the wrong people to take over our club have been proven correct. This is a diabolical decision probably brought on by Sam's refusal to allow Kentaro dictate to him who to try to sign. I am for the first time in my life ashamed to be a Rovers supporter.

If the Venkys want to turn the supporters against them they are going the right way about it.

Disgusted. :wstu:

• Backroom

Nothing is proven yet Al and we don't know the full thinking behind it.

It looks bad now but what if they bring in a great manager and fund us back up the table?

I too would like to send my thanks to the guy. He has done a good job for us and despite his style of play being pretty horrendous at times, it got us results and pushed us up the league table. I'm concerned by our owners and their obvious lack of football knowledge and unrealistic expectations for a team that has been punching high above its weight for years and is the model club for stability and being well run. This decision by the new owners is embarrassing and further highlights their lack of understanding for football.

Agree with the sentiments of thanks to Big Sam, staving off relegation, beating the dingles, a cup semi and finishing tenth is hardly a poor return with such a poor squad and no investment is it?

Having said that, I'd rather wait to see who they appoint and who we sign in January, and maybe see an explanation as to why, before I start calling for chicken boycotts et all.

For example, if they say that need us to reach for a global audience and see that our style is hindering that, or that they had a major disagreement with Sam about something fundemental, such as possible transfer targets, then we may see something positive.

But it's all a bit sudden and bizarre...

Archived