BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goodbye Sam - message to Venkys

jim mk2

Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?  

1. 1. Were Rovers right to get rid of Big Sam ?

• Yes, we need better if we are to progress
    • No, realistically he's as good as it gets and was doing ok
    • Maybe, I'm not sure, but I believe the club know what they are doing.
    • Other

This is the first time I have felt deeply ashamed to be a Rovers fan over the sacking of a Manager.

It must be weird to be you if you feel 'ashamed' because Allardyce was sacked. Why? Do you feel responsible in some way, or is it out of smugness that you can now highlight your earlier misgivings about Venkys and say 'I told you so'?

He has gone, and gone with a huge pay off. Dont be ashamed, really, as Sam couldnt give a toss.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough luck on Sam and even tougher luck on us. The Slum Dog Millionaires will come to regret this. I knew they were bad news the minute I saw the greasy pair sat shivering and miserable in the stand.

If they want to see BRFC play attractive football in the Prem they need to find far more money than they have now. Two bob millionaires aint enough.

I thought their coming was the beginning of the end but I was wrong. There coming was the end of the beginning..... mark my words Allardyces sacking marks the real beginning of the end.

Tough luck on Sam and even tougher luck on us. The Slum Dog Millionaires will come to regret this. I knew they were bad news the minute I saw the greasy pair sat shivering and miserable in the stand.

If they want to see BRFC play attractive football in the Prem they need to find far more money than they have now. Two bob millionaires aint enough.

I thought their coming was the beginning of the end but I was wrong. There coming was the end of the beginning..... mark my words Allardyces sacking marks the real beginning of the end.

I find myself in complete agreement with you which is worrying enough itself ;)

I'd like to thank Sam for what he has done for Rovers, I'm not his biggest fan in the world but he did a vital job at the club. It looked like we were certs to go down after the Ince disaster, he came in made us hard to beat and kept us up- I couldn't think of many managers who could have done the same in that situation.

I wish Sam all the best for the future.

That's my view as well, could be the biggest gamble Rovers ever made. How anybody could do better with the lack of investment over the years I don't know. I just hope the new owners have got very deep pockets.

Today Blackburn Rovers became the laughing stock of English football and I cannot defend them.

No, that was Blackburn Rovers under Sam...

Today Blackburn Rovers became the laughing stock of English football and I cannot defend them.

No, that was Blackburn Rovers under Sam...

The Venky's already know who will replace Sam. I wouldn't say Rovers have become a laughing stock. Because it all depends on what the plans Venky's have in mind. Their statement that sam didn't fall in with their ambitions, may workout good for Rovers.

Did Sam deserve to be sacked - no, he had done good for Rovers.

Was it inevitable - on Venky's desire for attractive and entertaining football, yes.

Until we know what the plans are, who the new manager is and what money is available to the new manager. It may even be a good thing, in the end.

Nothing is proven yet Al and we don't know the full thinking behind it.

It looks bad now but what if they bring in a great manager and fund us back up the table?

From what we are told they don't have the money for that Tom.

btw what is your definition of 'great'? Mine would be Mourhino? Guardiola? Ferguson? Wenger? Hiddink? Think we'll get any of them?

If we can attract a half decent one with to BRFC with limited funding and dodgy owners it'd represent one hell of a result. The strongest Prem for years and those idiots / kentaro sanction this.

Houghton, Tevez and now Allardyce....... It's a bad bad week for British football.

Still I bet there'll be a street party in Rishton tonight for you to go to.

I never made any bones about the fact I didn't like Sam, nor the fact that the football at times bordered on the diabolical. But this was a dumb move. We could easily go down now unless they make a solid appointment and plough some serious wonga in.

As I said before, and as SG 192 also said, I was worried that they'd want a yes man in charge.

• Backroom

From what we are told they don't have the money for that Tom.

btw what is your definition of 'great'? Mine would be Mourhino? Guardiola? Ferguson? Wenger? Hiddink? Think we'll get any of them?

If we can attract a half decent one with to BRFC with limited funding and dodgy owners it'd represent one hell of a result. The strongest Prem for years and those idiots / kentaro sanction this.

Houghton, Tevez and now Allardyce....... It's a bad bad week for British football.

Still I bet there'll be a street party in Rishton tonight for you to go to.

Theno, I have said all along getting rid of Sam isn't the right thing to do, I think it's a poor decision, I'd just rather there wasn't a backlash already against the owners, if we bring in a Megson or a Curbishley then yes.

Incidentally I now think survival is a harder to reach target than it was this time yesterday, bad bad timing.

I'll be at Ewood tonight at the Disabled Supporters Christmas party but I imagine there will be one happy Rishtoner sat in the Wam.

Disgusted by the actions of the new owners, I really feel ashamed to be a Blackburn Rovers fan right now. Big Sam has done a good job on a very small budget, not many others could do the job he has done. I could understand if he had lost the dressing room and we were rooted to the bottom of the league on a losing streak, but we just won 4 of the last 7 and gave Chelsea a good game that we should have won.

Thank you Sam Allardyce & Neil McDonald, you kept us up when the Guv'nor tried to send us down.

when this unnecessary upheaval ends in relegation this season or next

mark my words Allardyces sacking marks the real beginning of the end.

Get a grip guys - you two are the biggest drama queens on this messageboard. :rolleyes:;)

Who's to say we won't kick onwards and upwards from this? Let's at least see what happens before you get all suicidal. You two were very quick to call people for being negative when Sam was here, yet look at you now?

And for the record, I want to say thanks to Sam for saving us, and personally I would have given him until the end of the season before getting shut because, as Jim correctly said, changing a manager during a season is a risk.

But let's move on and I hope you two will be as much behind Martin Jol as you were Sam Allardyce.

Pedersen:

Of course it’s as big a shock for me as for all you that the manager Big Sam has departured the club. We have absolutely not done badly this season and with victory against Bolton yesterday we would have been in a very comfortable sixth place. And the table situation does not reflect on how our performance has been in this year’s Premier League season. But this is the football game and the new owners want new ideas into the club. Therefore, I hope, and expect that the new manager is someone who is skilled enough and prolific enough to take us one step further. In Blackburn Rovers, we are all professionals and will of course continue to work very hard to bring the club further, and will of course welcome a new manager. To Big Sam, I want to thank him for our cooperation and wish him continued success in his career.

Archived