BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

Everton want to bring Beckham in on a short term contract according to the BBC. Now seeing that the new owners are very keen on marketing how about Beckham at Rovers to kick it all off.

Don't suggest that mate you'll be shot down in flames!!!

Also don't suggest the following:

Using the loan market more.

Expanding marketing into Asia.

Expanding the backroom team.

Or building a hotel at Ewood. :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

]“We have heard a lot about Sam Allardyce in the past, but, we feel he should be given a fresh chance.” [/url]

That doesn't read too well does it? They sound as if they don't like what they've heard BUT they're willing to give him another chance!

"fresh chance" sounds like he's seriously sinned. Let's hope something was lost in the transmission.

That's even worse than the usual "vote of confidence".

Don't suggest that mate you'll be shot down in flames!!!

Also don't suggest the following:

Using the loan market more.

Expanding marketing into Asia.

Expanding the backroom team.

Or building a hotel at Ewood. :P

You forgot the station, Indians are very big on trains

Think this has been discussed previously, however with QPR looking good for promotion, do we think it could affect/impact Venky's plans if another club in the Premier League has an Indian owner?

With the size of India's population surely there's enough of a market for 2 teams?

Europe eh? tope five eh?......with this side Mrs Desai!!!! :unsure:

CHEQUE PLEASE.

I can just imagine a scene in India, where Mrs Desai invites friends / possible sponcers to her home to watch the game live on telly, "look what I've bought". She, like us, would just be embarrassed.

I can just imagine a scene in India, where Mrs Desai invites friends / possible sponcers to her home to watch the game live on telly, "look what I've bought". She, like us, would just be embarrassed.

I would pay anything to hear the conversation between Sam and our new owners.

Venky's biggest dilemma is obviously the manager. It's debatable whether we should keep him or not but I think it would've been slightly smarter to leave it until January or possibly even Summer before saying whether they're going to back Sam and the current management team or not. What if we lose most of our matches between now and January? I think the new owners will soon find out how quickly things can change in this game.

It's debatable?!

Yes today was a bad day at the office to say the least but if you can't see the great work Sam has done with our club over the last two years then you need your head examining. Sam deserved the backing of the new owners and after today he still deserves the backing of the new owners.

I don't know much, well probably zero :) , about Indian culture but have imagined image or "face" to be very important. I guess Venky's will have eagerly anticipated this match, hoped it would bring some good early publicity etc, and they will now be as angry and hurt as many lifelong Rovers fans. They will be hurting for different reasons, for Venky's this is a disastrous start to their ownership. Not because of the defeat, it was always going to be the case, but the apparent nature of it. I'd guess there's just as much "banter" in their Pune circles as many a Rover will face at work tomorrow. The Rao family will be looking to understand how they deal with this "loss of face."

Kentaro / SEM are said to be heavily involved behind the scenes, it seems perfectly plausible to me. I also feel there must be a Plan A and Plan B. I'm guessing Plan A is let the manager have some money in January, see how he performs for the rest of the season while preparing the club for big changes through the summer. I feel sure Kentaro will have advised Venky's against immediate radical change, if they are as good at football as people say Kentaro will know this to be the wise option.

Plan B? Probably an extension of Plan A in that changes which may already be under consideration will be accelerated. If Venky's have a knee jerk reaction I wouldn't be surprised to see a manager and players parachuted in to the club in the weeks ahead. I'm not sure this is right, if it happens it would worry me. I'm no fan of Allardyce but I can see how he has kept us in the PL and in decent shape, all things considered. If yesterday's result proves to be anything more than a bad day we are in trouble. Making huge changes in reaction to a bad result won't help. We need to see how December goes.

I can see what you're getting at Paul, and to a great extent agree.

Whilst I think Sam did a great job in keeping us up, and getting the club into that mid table tier, I think that he can't get us up to the next, certainly without a significant cash input.

I'm doubtful whether he'll be able even then.

If I were the Venky's, I'd be wanting notable performances, not winning everything (though that would be nice), but performances where people sit up and take notice, and where comments are positive.

That's where I think Sam is lacking.

It really is up to Allardyce now to save his job. He will be under extra pressure to get some very good results now, as it will be a hard road to wash this historic defeat away. Which isn't exactly a bad thing for us, and it's the way it should be. Managers live and die by the results, and it's time for Sam to really show what he is made of in December.

I can see what you're getting at Paul, and to a great extent agree.

Whilst I think Sam did a great job in keeping us up, and getting the club into that mid table tier, I think that he can't get us up to the next, certainly without a significant cash input.

I'm doubtful whether he'll be able even then.

If I were the Venky's, I'd be wanting notable performances, not winning everything (though that would be nice), but performances where people sit up and take notice, and where comments are positive.

That's where I think Sam is lacking.

Don't think this post really makes sense - recently, even the Sam haters brigade have commented they are happier with performances. The Chelsea game still lives long in the hearts of many, even though we lost and were playing them during a bad patch.

You say Sam could not get us higher than 10th (presumably) without more money - well hardly a revelation there, finishing 10th with one of the lowest financial budgets in the league was a fantastic acheivement - I very much doubt there are many others managers around who could have done it.

With more money to spend it should, in theory, allow us to buy a higher quality (& calibre) of player, this could include someone who could provide more creativity and score more goals for the team. Surely the manager has earnt the right to be given money to improve the squad and be given this opportunity.

I do think this judgement of his job security, certainly by fans, on a game by game basis is nonsense but accept (because of the situation we are in with new owners etc) it is going to happen.

It really is up to Allardyce now to save his job. He will be under extra pressure to get some very good results now, as it will be a hard road to wash this historic defeat away. Which isn't exactly a bad thing for us, and it's the way it should be. Managers live and die by the results, and it's time for Sam to really show what he is made of in December.

We are 13th.. having spent no money.. we beat villa a week ago.. and so many calling for sams head.

Sure we lost too a historic defeat, but this is not the uncle jack days, we are no longer the biggest spenders Berbatov cost more than our whole damn team.

Blimey talk about vultures circling now new owners are in..

We have competed for a long while when we should not of done.

As for venkies.. to be honest I have my reservations, but we will be a well run mid/low table premier league side for a year or two yet.

What do we expect without the daft cheque books floating around... and venkies is too well run too do the same for us.

We are 13th.. having spent no money.. we beat villa a week ago.. and so many calling for sams head.

Sure we lost too a historic defeat, but this is not the uncle jack days, we are no longer the biggest spenders Berbatov cost more than our whole damn team.

Blimey talk about vultures circling now new owners are in..

We have competed for a long while when we should not of done.

As for venkies.. to be honest I have my reservations, but we will be a well run mid/low table premier league side for a year or two yet.

What do we expect without the daft cheque books floating around... and venkies is too well run too do the same for us.

I'm not calling for his head - not unless he fails prove himself in December. It's one thing to lose to Man United, to achieve the worst result in the club's Premiership history is another. So I don't see anything wrong or negative in suggesting it'd be good for him to have the extra motivating to produce the results in December.

Don't think this post really makes sense - recently, even the Sam haters brigade have commented they are happier with performances. The Chelsea game still lives long in the hearts of many, even though we lost and were playing them during a bad patch.

You say Sam could not get us higher than 10th (presumably) without more money - well hardly a revelation there, finishing 10th with one of the lowest financial budgets in the league was a fantastic acheivement - I very much doubt there are many others managers around who could have done it.

With more money to spend it should, in theory, allow us to buy a higher quality calibre of player, this could include someone who could provide more creativity and score more goals for the team. Surely the manager has earnt the right to be given money to improve the squad and be given this opportunity.

I do think this judgement of his job security, certainly by fans, on a game by game basis is nonsense but accept (because of the situation we are in with new owners etc) it is going to happen.

John, I'm not being critical of Sam, certainly not at this level. I'm querying his ability to take us further.

In addition to that to add attractive, eye catching performances.

To me, he's been a saviour of the Rovers post Ince, but we need to step up.

Is Sam the guy to do that, with or without a significant cash input?

Archived