BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's the case then its a poor do. There should be someone there at each game .

What from India?

I think that would be a fairly unreasonable obligation. It's not like there was substantial representation from the previous owners at every game and they only had to hop over from Jersey in comparison.

What from India?

I think that would be a fairly unreasonable obligation. It's not like there was substantial representation from the previous owners at every game and they only had to hop over from Jersey in comparison.

Anyway how can you tell they didn't have anyone there? Not all their reps are necessarily Indian. they may have had someone there who wasn't obvious because it wasn't one of the main guys

Anyway how can you tell they didn't have anyone there? Not all their reps are necessarily Indian. they may have had someone there who wasn't obvious because it wasn't one of the main guys

They did - John Williams

There or not who cares - Mike Ashley used to sit with the fans and attends nearly all games and look at the state of the way e runs Newcastle!

Yeah it would be nice to see them at the club, but I am sure with them being away from India and there MAIN MONEY MAKING BUSINESS, they will have a bit of catching up to do!!!!

There are too many threads on here discussing the same subject, Dawn of a New Era seems the appropriate place to be.

People are trying to tell us all something - BRFCS News (looks like Kamy's style to me), nicko, Andy Cryer, Philip, members such as PAFELL (hinting at PMs received), etc. - and I begin to feel there is no smoke without fire. Before the takeover I strongly expressed my views as to the dangers I saw in this deal, since the takeover I've said nothing about Venky's / Kentaro save I'm waiting to see what the promised "in two months" brings. Two months puts Rovers slap in the middle of the transfer window and I think who we sign will tell us all we need to know as to how the club will be run in the future.

If we sign some typical Allardyce targets we can be happy the status quo will be maintained at least till the summer

If Rovers sign a bunch of Kentaro players it will be too strong a signal to ignore

Quite how are new owners plan to run the club is a worry for me. The deafening silence is not good news as it undermines confidence amongst the support, and I appreciate the Trust said nothing but they were carrying out Jack's wishes. How well they did this is open to debate but at least it was Jack Walker's influence. When will we be told something concrete?

John Williams to be the next FA Chairman?

Quite how are new owners plan to run the club is a worry for me. The deafening silence is not good news as it undermines confidence amongst the support, and I appreciate the Trust said nothing but they were carrying out Jack's wishes. How well they did this is open to debate but at least it was Jack Walker's influence. When will we be told something concrete

Remember Paul, we like going about our business quietly :rolleyes:

Already the new owners are treating the fans with contempt. Have they nothing to say directly to the people who part with a large slice of hard-earned cash to finance the business they (or Indian banks) have bought? Add to that it is clear they are in cahoots with a bunch of agents to line their pockets. For so-called business-people they are a bunch of numpties. If Big Sam is pi**ed off and leaves, the Championship beckons as no other manager will get this squad to over-achieve as it is in terms of results. A £46m investment goes straight down the pan. As I said "numpties".

I hope the new owners realise that the unease on here is not directed so much at them as the involvement of Jerome Anderson.

There is scarcely an involved football fan in England who hasn't heard something about him which causes enormous nervousness about Jerome Anderson being anywhere near Ewood Park.

I've just come back to the site for the first time after the takeover (well since a few days after). I can't believe the amount of people who are judging the owners with no evidence (either way). Yes policy will be being decided at the moment, there isn't anything for the owners to actually come out and say till it is - and once it is there is wisdom in not announcing it to our competitors. Even if they do meet with Kentro before SA, that doesn't mean they will defiantly go with what they say - its just a meeting, to get AN opinion. They might ask Kentro for recommendations (at a discounted rate) and present them to Sam. Who knows!?!

Isn't it best to wait and see what actually happens in the January then make a judgment.

If this is true, it is worrying times indeed

I am retracting my statement. I was swayed by an emotive argument with little or no evidence.

We have new owners. They might do things in a different way. This could be the case in any line of business.

Wait and see.

I am retracting my statement. I was swayed by an emotive argument with little or no evidence.

We have new owners. They might do things in a different way. This could be the case in any line of business.

Wait and see.

While rumours about the clubs internal struggles are abounding (and I'm not saying they are wrong or right), it is only right that we take notice especially when they are quite overwhelming. It's quite another thing to jump up and down shouting loudly one way or the other. Frankly, wait and see. Be concerned but don't go off on one. If things do go wrong then is the time to get het up and have your say.

Although a nation has now breathed a sigh of relief I do hope you are thoroughly ashamed. You've brought unimaginable shame on your friends, your family and yourself. Now go and think about what you've done.

Seriously, it's only a message board, no need to be so formal ;)

Rovers have always gone about their business quietly...so whats new?

Our owners are meeting an advisor…who’s to say it isn’t to get to grips with values of players, and what/ who they can bring to the table?? Who said Kentaro is setting budgets & signing our players over the managers head?? If they did…where is the PROOF?

Who knows for sure that Sams list (Which was good to go in August) isn’t with our new owners already? And isn’t being discussed with Kentaro to see what sort of deal they can negotiate with us?

Simple – NOBODY knows…so lets stop all the theories & scare mongering and just wait and see.

This is Blackburn Rovers FC…Not Newcastle or Spurs, we don’t shout about our business & never have, so why would we now??

The Trust had enough faith in them….that should speak volumes. Just give them a chance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again just in case anyone from the VH Group is tasked with reading this stuff - perception IS reality.

We need a supporters representative on the board as soon as possible. It doesn't matter whether or not people are doing the right things in the right order behind the scenes, if the supporters aren't kept in the loop then the fan base will soon reflect that exclusion. It's not rocket science.

Listen to a supporters rep who can convey what the fans think about certain things and at the same time take the opportunity to keep the fans informed and nip in the bud any erroneous perceptions.

It costs nothing to listen. If the input is not acted upon then at least that's a positive decision and the club will cope with the consequences of that decision, but acting in a vacuum makes no sense at all.

Non exec directors have been mandated in European board rooms for decades, why is it such a strange notion for football, especially given the remoteness of the owners.

My money is on ABBEY by the way :rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again just in case anyone from the VH Group is tasked with reading this stuff - perception IS reality.

We need a supporters representative on the board as soon as possible. It doesn't matter whether or not people are doing the right things in the right order behind the scenes, if the supporters aren't kept in the loop then the fan base will soon reflect that exclusion. It's not rocket science.

Listen to a supporters rep who can convey what the fans think about certain things and at the same time take the opportunity to keep the fans informed and nip in the bud any erroneous perceptions.

It costs nothing to listen. If the input is not acted upon then at least that's a positive decision and the club will cope with the consequences of that decision, but acting in a vacuum makes no sense at all.

Non exec directors have been mandated in European board rooms for decades, why is it such a strange notion for football, especially given the remoteness of the owners.

My money is on ABBEY by the way :rolleyes:

Is not Matthewman both a non-exec and a supporter?

Archived