BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

EL_1244920306venkys_xprs_banner.jpg

Venkys Xprs set to open at Ewood soon...............The Vh Group has launched the chain called Venky's Xprs, which will roll out outlets across India and also at Blackburn soon. Venky’s got international pop singer Akon, to open their first retail outlet in Pune yesaterday....................

Good stuff ! question many people will ask is, is the chicken hallal or not ?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff ! question many people will ask is, is the chicken hallal or not ?

Yeah course...cant you read it to the right of the xprs symbol?? :lol:

JAL - do you honestly believe the trust would be able to sell the club to a new owner who isnt going to give anything for transfers?? They have got all sorts of clauses wrapped into the deal...so im pretty confident they wont have said after than initial outlay, you dont have to put anything else in.

Hmmm..... that's hardly Sam on "a collision course" with the new owners or the doomsday scenario painted by the LT is it?

Sounds as though the original stories were either blown out of all proportion or certain people have had their cards marked that they have to shut up and get on with it.

Personally even if Sam did have to choose from a list of players put forward by Ventaro, I can't see that that is really any worse than having to be told there is no money for players at all window after window as was the case under the previous owners. And he put up with that without a murmur of complaint - at least not in public.

Busted flush comes purely from that first initial outlay, as will it probably be the last outlay at Rovers from Venky's, and IF, Rovers do generate £3-5m profit, were on earth do you think thats going to go Hughesy ? dont be surprised to see that it goes back to India with some of it going to Kentaro.

Sceptical Hughesy.

The owners have already said in one of their interviews there will be more money available in summer and that any investment made in January will not be the end of it.

The proof of the pudding will of course be in the eating but that's what they've said.

Hmmm..... that's hardly Sam on "a collision course" with the new owners or the doomsday scenario painted by the LT is it?

Sounds as though the original stories were either blown out of all proportion or certain people have had their cards marked that they have to shut up and get on with it.

Personally even if Sam did have to choose from a list of players put forward by Ventaro, I can't see that that is really any worse than having to be told there is no money for players at all window after window as was the case under the previous owners. And he put up with that without a murmur of complaint - at least not in public.

Are we going to have to buy the Pune Times newspaper, if one exists in the near future in order to catch up with the latest Rovers news rather than jilted pinky and perkys local rag, the LT.

The owners have already said in one of their interviews there will be more money available in summer and that any investment made in January will not be the end of it.

The proof of the pudding will of course be in the eating but that's what they've said.

Id suggest we wait and see if they do as they say before we purchase our next seasons season ticket.

Yeah course...cant you read it to the right of the xprs symbol?? :lol:

JAL - do you honestly believe the trust would be able to sell the club to a new owner who isnt going to give anything for transfers?? They have got all sorts of clauses wrapped into the deal...so im pretty confident they wont have said after than initial outlay, you dont have to put anything else in.

Have you seen this in writing Hughesy, like Revidge blue we will have to wait and see. As philipl points out nobody knows how much the debts is and or how its being paid.

Personally even if Sam did have to choose from a list of players put forward by Ventaro, I can't see that that is really any worse than having to be told there is no money for players at all

Well, hopefully that wont happen Rev. However, if it did, I don't think there's one single manager who wouldn't find that didn't make his position intolerable. In other words, most managers would resign.

Well, hopefully that wont happen Rev. However, if it did, I don't think there's one single manager who wouldn't find that didn't make his position intolerable. In other words, most managers would resign.

Apart from most of the managers in continental Europe and around the world. Not forgetting the set ups at Liverpool and Chelsea.

But I take your point.

:)

As for wanting to read the stories in the Telegraph first, they can barely spell corectly let alone get their stories right. I am one of those who is always very sceptical about what he reads in newspapers.

Are we debt free ? or was it more likely for a very short period when Venky's wiped the slate clean, but as each month passes, that debt grows again, due to the difference of the outgoings versus incomings.

"We are not a selling club anymore" Mrs Desai. Does that cheer you up? Would that have still been the case if The Walker Trust owned us?

The status of the debt seems unclear. Reading the comments by the Venky's literally, it appears the debt is still there but they have taken responsibility for it personally at the moment. I understand the intention is to get it paid off but nobody has yet come straight out and said it is repaid.

However, by now Rovers should have received a £15m cash injection from Venky's which on a simple cash flow basis should have reduced the overdraft very significantly. Whether the £15m is intended to be subscribed for as equity is not clear- they might for administrative ease be waiting for all the minority shares to be sold or cancelled by 31 December after which they are free to change the share structure without as much paperwork hassle. On the other hand, the could be there as long term owner's loans in which case we do not know the repayment or interest terms.

There are people like Jal and others who have been fearful of this takeover (in fact any takeover) from the beginning.

And you are going to drip-feed them this sort of stuff forever, for your own purposes, because that's what you do.

Are we going to have to buy the Pune Times newspaper, if one exists in the near future in order to catch up with the latest Rovers news rather than jilted pinky and perkys local rag, the LT.

Id suggest we wait and see if they do as they say before we purchase our next seasons season ticket.

Have you seen this in writing Hughesy, like Revidge blue we will have to wait and see. As philipl points out nobody knows how much the debts is and or how its being paid.

It is in writing though isn't it? In the Venkys document sent to shareholders it said something about funds being provided in future, it was a pledge among many given by Venkys, don't see what more they can do until January now.

There are people like Jal and others who have been fearful of this takeover (in fact any takeover) from the beginning.

And you are going to drip-feed them this sort of stuff forever, for your own purposes, because that's what you do.

1) I am reprising what Mrs D has said in her interviews

2) If the Rao family has taken personal responsibility for the debt, it is as good as the Rovers paying it off themselves if the paperwork is water-tight.

I am enormously concerned about Jerome Anderson pursuing an agenda which has nothingin common with the best interests of Rovers and Rovers' supporters. But if the Rao family hnour their agreements, that issue will not arise.

1) I am reprising what Mrs D has said in her interviews

2) If the Rao family has taken personal responsibility for the debt, it is as good as the Rovers paying it off themselves if the paperwork is water-tight.

I don't see where your paranoia about my posts is coming from.

If you read Jal's post, he took your's to mean that there was doubt about whether we are now debt-free or not. And this is what you intended.

For some strange reason, despite your best efforts, there are some on here who still regard you as a sage and financial guru.

You pander to their doubts and fears by sending out dog whistle messages from which you can later pull back-------as above.

You should show some responsibility to go along with your brains and experience. This take-over isn't actually about you.

OK you caught my post whilst it was still a red rag to you and before I edited it.

But seriously, read what I wrote. There is nothing there which runs counter to anything the new owners have said or contradicts the content of the offer to buy the minority shares.

OK you caught my post whilst it was still a red rag to you and before I edited it.

But seriously, read what I wrote. There is nothing there which runs counter to anything the new owners have said or contradicts the content of the offer to buy the minority shares.

Nobody will read your post in that level of detail. They will simply pick up on the general inference. I think you know that.

Nobody will read your post in that level of detail. They will simply pick up on the general inference. I think you know that.

Lets just say 47er that its only natural to put up defensive barriers.

The wording that has come out asks more questions, but hey, time will tell. Lets pray that this partnership is going to be one hell of a great partnership for the good of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Love the idea of the fast food outlet that unleaded posted, now that is very positive news just hope the food is top notch with an unbeatable price.

<br /><br />

<br />

<br />

If you read Jal's post, he took your's to mean that there was doubt about whether we are now debt-free or not. And this is what you intended.

But this is correct there is doubt as to whether we are debt free or not. All I have read to date is Mrs Desai stating the debt will be serviced. This does not mean it has been paid off. The £15m talked of simply clears the overdraught - a few January signings will soon change that.

I'm not suggesting any debt, at Rovers usual level, is a concern merely that it is not clear how or if the debt has been cleared.

But this is correct there is doubt as to whether we are debt free or not. All I have read to date is Mrs Desai stating the debt will be serviced. This does not mean it has been paid off. The £15m talked of simply clears the overdraught - a few January signings will soon change that.

I'm not suggesting any debt, at Rovers usual level, is a concern merely that it is not clear how or if the debt has been cleared.

If, as Paul suggests, Mrs Desai has said they are servicing the debt, it means they are paying any interest and principal as it is due.

What it does mean is that the debt has not been cleared (paid off).

However 15 mill pounds, in an industry like football is nothing. It could be one way to reduce any tax burden.

IMO, it's not worth worrying about.

Lets just say 47er that its only natural to put up defensive barriers.

The wording that has come out asks more questions, but hey, time will tell. Lets pray that this partnership is going to be one hell of a great partnership for the good of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Love the idea of the fast food outlet that unleaded posted, now that is very positive news just hope the food is top notch with an unbeatable price.

Its safer not to believe everything you read on here too! Be optimistic. You're seeing us linked with good players not selling more of our best ones to balance the books.

Quite the most negative post I've ever read even on here! Why don't you just wait and see what happens? Remember we are already debt-free FFS.

I did not quote this contribution when I first posted my accurate and technically correct response about the status of the debt according to the Rao family themselves.

Anyway moving on, there is no doubt we are associated with a very exciting group of companies.

Expansion plans into 25 countries plus diversification.

Incidentally, doing chicken rotisseries is going to be a big improvement over the fried chicken joints but it will be a technical challenge to serve and keep succulent.

Archived