BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nightmare scenario is if John Williams now resigns over this on a point of principle. He would have surely argued against this action, obviously to no avail. They will now undoubtedly bring in a manager he's had no say in. This is the equivalent of players being sold / bought / selected over the managers head which would lead to the resignation of any self respecting manager. I fear the same may happen with JW which would leave the club at the mercy of these people and whover is currently advising them. The consequences of this don't bare thinking about.

Everyone just calm down for a second. Reading this thread is just reading hyped up exagerations built on top of other exagerations. Nothing is based on fact.

And whose fault is that? VENKYS LACK OF PR. THAT'S WHAT!!

And whose fault is that? VENKYS LACK OF PR. THAT'S WHAT!!

What so they pull off some fancy PR and that makes everything OK? You either agree with decision or you don't. How impressionable are you?

PR is designed to make the person or company look good. We'll possibly never know the full details of why he's gone, and it's fine for people to speculate about it but don't go throwing stupid scenarios around without reason. It just get's impressionable people, like yourself, all excited AND VERY ANNOYING!!!1!11!!11

The capitals were ironic.

And so was the long space.

I suspect the Venky's are now gong to get a rude awakening.

The Rovers squad is riddled with problems and Sam was doing a brilliant job getting the results he was doing. Like it or not, but Sam's management style was costing us a few points but by heck it was gaining us a lot more.

The next problem they have got is they have gone from owners of a respected and admired football club to chicken brains with the majority of the press. Sam got a lot of sympathy for the Newcastle sacking but the entire press corps will back him 100% over this sacking at Rovers- the man's track record was exemplary since he rescued us from the Ince mess.

The added twist of course is they screwed Sam's England chances- and the English press will not take kindly to the already narrow field of candidates to succeed Capello when Inter fire Benitez being reduced even further.

The real horror will be when we start signing a load of second rate crud on inflated fees and wages as Jerome Anderson feasts himself on the fat of India.

Thank goodness we have a 5 point buffer above a relegation slot although I fear that is not enough.

I may be wrong and stand corrected if |I am, but your vendetta against Jerome Anderson is clouding your judgement.

Do you know who the Venky's are going to replace Sam with - NO

Do you know who they want to sign in January - NO

do you know the plans - the ambitious plans they have for Rovers - NO

Unlike others on here, I will not riddicule you as a poster. But I will not always agree with you. Can you really see England supporters / the powers that be, really accepting Sam's style of football? Not a chance.

When this current team try to play football and not hoof ball they have done pretty well. A new manager, new way of playing, new man management, who knows what will happen.

In 6 months time Venkys will be writing off their £46m investment (plus the pittance forecast spending for January) to a big fat zero. They are clearly muppets with no idea about the reality of avoiding relegation from the Premier League. West Ham will be licking their lips to pick up 3 points from a rudderless dejected outfit on Saturday and a month that promised enough points to put the bottom out of sight will be a disaster. This is certainly the darkest day I can recall in almost 50 years of supporting the club. The return from where it emerged 20 years ago will not take long with these crass, idiotic, owners. I wonder if the Walker Trustees are happy with the hands into which they've put the club. But then I suspect they never cared anyway.

No---thats over hype. I've been following Rovers for over 50 years and there have been many darker times than this. Let's see how it all pans out.

Then we'll know whether we are into light or dark.

There are 330 members viewing this messageboard at present. I've checked through the names and I cannot see Mrs Desai or anyone called Reo.

I suggest anyone who reads all this and knows how to communicate with them get a message to them double quick.

Earth calling Mars.........Earth calling Mars............

I suspect the Venky's are now gong to get a rude awakening.

The Rovers squad is riddled with problems and Sam was doing a brilliant job getting the results he was doing.

Problems Sam created with poor buys. Can you name an outstanding purchase? A player you would pick automatically?

Chimbonda £35k a week plus £3k a point play or not, Selgado £35k a week plus £3k a point. Kalinic £40k plus bonus.

Sam treated players worse than any manager in the last 30 years. Treated them like children. Some players were not happy about the constant meaningless foul mouth tirades that revolved around BSF's ego.

Apparently he exceeded Ince in the big I am stakes.

He had to go and in doing so the Venkys have taken the first step to getting Sams wage bill under control. Of sorting out the business department which lost £2m. Of controlling the payroll excessiveness of a monthly intake of backroom staff.

Had to go. Easy decision.

I agree that Sam's signings were mediocre certainly in comparison to Hughes who uncovered real talent. Chimbonda always looked a total waste, a long contract for Andrews was stupid, Kalinic has been a relatively expensive dud, Givet always seems to be an accident about to happen, Van Heerden (who?), Goulon (oh dear what a debut!). That just leaves N'Zonzi (ok but overrated)apart from EHD and Salgado as two decent albeit overpaid performers. Beattie was a bullet narrowly dodged apparently. Can anyone blame the new owners being reluctant to add astronomic earners like Keane, Carew and Santa Cruz to the wage bill and with no resale value? Perhaps they also looked back at how Sam's signings at Toon have performed - not well. Whilst Sam is good at using a system and "methods" to get the best out of poor players there is little suggest he has a sharp eye for talent. Then again if in the future the criteria for bringing in players is their link to an agency nothing good is likely from that either.

Problems Sam created with poor buys. Can you name an outstanding purchase? A player you would pick automatically?

Chimbonda £35k a week plus £3k a point play or not, Selgado £35k a week plus £3k a point. Kalinic £40k plus bonus.

Sam treated players worse than any manager in the last 30 years. Treated them like children. Some players were not happy about the constant meaningless foul mouth tirades that revolved around BSF's ego.

Apparently he exceeded Ince in the big I am stakes.

He had to go and in doing so the Venkys have taken the first step to getting Sams wage bill under control. Of sorting out the business department which lost £2m. Of controlling the payroll excessiveness of a monthly intake of backroom staff.

Had to go. Easy decision.

Didn't you back Paul Ince and say that Mark Hughes wasn't doing a very good job?!

Your opinions can basically be respected as being the opposite of the truth...

No---thats over hype. I've been following Rovers for over 50 years and there have been many darker times than this. Let's see how it all pans out.

Then we'll know whether we are into light or dark.

A very interesting perspective. The first match I remember my Dad taking me to was a 2-2 draw at home to Fulham in the old Division 2 in October 1952 and yes; you're right 47er, there have been many darker days than this since then.

Let's remember that we are punching above our weight by being in the 20 top teams in England and Wales - we're in a position [and have been for all but two of the last 19 seasons] which, if fans in the early 1970s had prophesied, would have had them suspected of consuming illegal substances!

One of the things which this old fogey regrets about the Internet is the ability it gives to us to comment about things we know little or nothing about - the majority of us on here have no access to the inner workings of "our" club and we can therefore have no influence on whom Venky's decide to appoint as the new Manager/Director of Football/whatever. To quote that old Michael Winner Insurance advert, "Calm down, dears."

There's one thing I am a bit perplexed by all of this the newspaper report said there was conflict over transfer dealings on who would be signed and there were problems with the wages of players Sam wanted in Keane,Carew & Santa Cruz they have always said there will be dosh to spend first they say 5M then they say that could be relaxed if the right players could be found one thing I would like to know the 5M quoted were they hoping that figure was inclusive of wages? their vagueness of exactly how much is available to spend is very worrying. I do however believe the talk of playing attractive football was ultimately the straw that broke the camel's back I hope that with Tommorrow's LET article with Mrs Desai she explains the decision fully because I am with most the fact that no explanation of why he was sacked is not known yet and strange to say the least but I do believe we should see what happens next and who they appoint before judging them they might surprise us all with who they decide to bring in.

That's total rubbish graham.

The players loved the bloke. I will listen to the views of a top European player like Salgado over the fans every time.

Plus, 'he had to go', did he have to have transfer targets dictates to him by Kentaro? THAT is the issue.

Women, they always wanna come in and wanna re-arrange your stuff.

I just nod my head and say "yes dear" - leads to a peaceful life and my friday night out with the lads. Though I normally do the opposite of her 'instructions'. Eventually she gives up and I end up smiling - and get saturday night out as well.

Yesterday evening I attended a festive function down at Ewood. At one point I noticed the elderly gentleman from the next table get up and head for the exit with his wife. It was only at this point that I recognised who it was. Gordon Lee ... the architect of one of my greatest ever Rovers memories (Plymouth 5-2 in the 74-75 promotion season). Like the Ghost of Christmas past he fleetingly ignigted memories of what seemed like a time of innocence ... but now unheralded and unrecognised by an audience largely to young remember.

As I scanned the faces of the current Ewood great and good ... both players and senior management ... the Spirit of Christmas present seemed to be one of helplessness and dignified turmoil.

Later in the evening as I lay in bed, struggling to get sleep .... with the day's events rolling through my mind ... it was the Spectre of Christmases yet to come that I feared most.

Archived