BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

There seems to be 3 threads touching on the same thing so I'll put this in all 3:

I have to say that while I was always a fan of Sam as a person, even when he was managing at Bolton, I never could take his brand of football. However, he was the right choice at the right time for the predicament we found ourselves in this time 2 years ago. Saddled with owners who steadfastly refused to bear the financial burden of keeping our playing staff up to snuff, he managed us out of relegation trouble to a cup semifinal & a top-half finish. So thank you Mr. Allardyce for keeping us up, for getting Jonesy started in the first team and for bringing us Gael Givet & Mickey Salgado. May your health post-surgery continue to improve and best wishes to your family.

As for why this happened? As the second half wore on yesterday I was thinking: "He's history at the end of this campaign." There was no way after the disaster at Old Trafford or yesterday's huge lost opportunity that they were going to blow £20M + or whatever it is they intend to spend on him. I've the strange sensation this afternoon that Barry Blue'nWhite & siblings have come to the conclusion that the only way to make this work for them is to have the club in the CL on a regular basis and that there was little chance that Sam's brand of football or the type of players it attracts could get us there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said anything about Jol?

Shocking decision. Shocking. Even Jason Roberts was utterly shocked by it according to his Twitter.

We have 21 points, with a run of winnable games coming up. We had just steadied ourselves as a mid-table side which was excellent. Allardyce was screwed. The last time someone did this to him, their club was also in 13th place, and we know what happened next.

Sickened.

Well it must be the wrong decision if Jason was shocked.

ok.

I am not sure by what I am more shocked - by the sacking, or by the fact that the first page of this forum is not littered with threads organizing protests and calling for Venkys to get the hell out of this club.

Are we really going to let Rovers fade into the night?

Are people so resigned to "modern football" that we are going to allow these people to obliterate our club?

What is going on here?

The silence is deafening.

Someone from Rao family needs to pitch up and explain what's going on.

I want to know

• which of the Rao's are calling the shots
  • where Kentaro fit in
  • what marketing the club in Asia actually means
  • why they sacked SA
  • what are their priorities
  • what are their targets
  • what will they do to attract more people to Ewood
  • will they maintain the ticket pricing
  • where did I put the bloody car keys :-o

Interesting decision by the Venkys, by the end of Jan we'll know whether the trust were right to sell or not.

If they have the money as Nicko has alluded to and are going to invest in the playing side, then bringing in a new manager and players could push us forward. On the other hand if they have bugger all money then sacking Sam will more than likely get us relegated.

I think there were several problems with Allardyce that no-one has addressed.

Number one: He raved about how good Phil Jones is, but then continually plays him out of position - what kind of message does that send to the fans and to the player?

Number two: Last season's player of the year (whilst accepting that he has had injury problems) has not had a look-in this season, and his place has been taken by a 17 year old centre half.

Number three: The ludicrous statements that he could manage a bigger club rather than 'the likes' of Rovers and Bolton. Whilst these comments were blown out of proportion, he clearly would have buggered off at the first opportunity of something he perceived as better. Don't let his 'hard done to' statement via the LMA make you forget this.

Number four: None of his signings have done particularly well, and the argument that he had a limited budget doesn't stand, when viewed in the context of Hughes picking up Samba, Nelsen, and Warnock for pittances.

Number five: He may have saved us from relegation, but Ince was underachieving with the squad we had - it just needed some proper organisation to stay up. He did well, but I think he's taken us as far as we can go.

Number six: The comments against the fans who disagreed with his decisions - this just added to the sense that he was using us a stepping stone and saw himself as 'too big' for Rovers.

Number seven: The argument on some of the radio stations this evening was that Rovers should've been grateful to have him, purely on the basis that he kept us in the premier league, year on year, and should be happy to settle for poor style of play as a result. The reality, as Hughes proved and Holloway is showing, is that you can stay up with good football on a budget if you're savvy in the transfer market and you have a good team spirit.

The truth is, that we can only judge whether it's a good move to sack him when the new man comes in and is given time to sort things out. If we're doing ok at the end of the season, with a popular young manager who shows promise, and who plays football in the way that we all want to see, then we'll forget all about him.

If we get someone like Southgate or Roeder, then we're fckued. My guess is that they'll try and get Shearer, for what it's worth.

I want to know

• where Kentaro fit in
  • why they sacked SA
  • what are their targets

On the Paul Plunkett twitter page

Big interview with Venky's Mrs Desai on why Sam was sacked in tomorrow's Lancashire Telegraph... explosive stuff

On the Paul Plunkett twitter page

Big interview with Venky's Mrs Desai on why Sam was sacked in tomorrow's Lancashire Telegraph... explosive stuff

Unless she reveals Big Sam secretely threw the game to Bolton or some nonesence like that, I don't want to hear it. I don't want her promises about "ambition", "long-term goals", "looking forward" and all the other bullcrap her speach will undoubtely be filled with. We've heard it a million times already from other owners who may know business but don't know the first thing about a football club.

The trust at least didn't waste out time with crap.

Some of the responses on the various Sam threads are so short sighted and brainless it's scary..

The Blackburn Rovers that stood for stability is dead, forget about Allardyce, hoofball etc etc and think about what this means- JW has been critically undermined, the players have lost a manager they were all behind, it is in the middle of a season that hadn't yet yeilded anywhere near enough points and it seems AGENTS are having a say over our Chairman and manager.

But aye 'Fat Sam and his @#/? football are out', and that's all that matters, ay?

I think I was the first on here to suggest that we watched for JW's situation, in order to assess his thinking of the way that the club would be run under Venky's ownership.

Well, I can't believe that JW would in any way, go along with what's happened to Sam Allardyce today. I imagine he'll be gone sometime soon.

Unless she reveals Big Sam secretely threw the game to Bolton or some nonesence like that, I don't want to hear it. I don't want her promises about "ambition", "long-term goals", "looking forward" and all the other bullcrap her speach will undoubtely be filled with. We've heard it a million times already from other owners who may know business but don't know the first thing about a football club.

The trust at least didn't waste out time with crap.

So if the Venky's now went out a paid out 50 mill on new manager and the best players ever to play at ewood park - you wouldn't want to know? I suggest, before we all get vexed, we wait to see what she says, what the plans are and who they appoint as the new manager. Because sometimes it is always best to look on the bright side of life.

I'mgutted for Sam, who did not deserve to be sacked but the club comes first. When the owners said they wanted the team to play entertaining football - the writting was on the cards. We do not know what Sam's list of players was for jan nor what the owners and kentaro list was. Having seen the list from Sam, venky's may have realised it will not be entertaining football at ewood Park. They want to encourage support for Rovers, their own business in India. Maybe that is why they want the football style changed. It is not the first time new owners of a football club have come in and changed the manager. A complete new and fresh start for Rovers. Not saying I agree with Sam's sacking, but there are always two sides to a coin.

It is easy for us to look at things from our side of things, what about the Venky's plans. How about 'considering' their side of things. After all they spent the money and bought the club.

We had all get used to the new way of things. The Walker Trust are finished with regards to Rovers and a new era is in. Like it or not, it is the reality.

Lets see what happens hereon in.

It is about 1am in India. It appears that sam got sacked 2pm uk time and about 7pm india time. tomorrow is another day, lets see what happens, after all we cannot change what happened today.

In 6 months time Venkys will be writing off their £46m investment (plus the pittance forecast spending for January) to a big fat zero. They are clearly muppets with no idea about the reality of avoiding relegation from the Premier League. West Ham will be licking their lips to pick up 3 points from a rudderless dejected outfit on Saturday and a month that promised enough points to put the bottom out of sight will be a disaster. This is certainly the darkest day I can recall in almost 50 years of supporting the club. The return from where it emerged 20 years ago will not take long with these crass, idiotic, owners. I wonder if the Walker Trustees are happy with the hands into which they've put the club. But then I suspect they never cared anyway.

Some of the responses on the various Sam threads are so short sighted and brainless it's scary..

The Blackburn Rovers that stood for stability is dead, forget about Allardyce, hoofball etc etc and think about what this means- JW has been critically undermined, the players have lost a manager they were all behind, it is in the middle of a season that hadn't yet yeilded anywhere near enough points and it seems AGENTS are having a say over our Chairman and manager.

But aye 'Fat Sam and his @#/? football are out', and that's all that matters, ay?

One of the best posts on the topic. I think we need a MEGAPHONE to get this message across to the blind and deaf on this board.

not only that, but apparently this is definitive proof that there will be lots of money to spend in January and we'll be getting a manager who will play substantially more attractive football. Hoping these people will let me know the Lotto numbers.

In 6 months time Venkys will be writing off their £46m investment (plus the pittance forecast spending for January) to a big fat zero. They are clearly muppets with no idea about the reality of avoiding relegation from the Premier League. West Ham will be licking their lips to pick up 3 points from a rudderless dejected outfit on Saturday and a month that promised enough points to put the bottom out of sight will be a disaster. This is certainly the darkest day I can recall in almost 50 years of supporting the club. The return from where it emerged 20 years ago will not take long with these crass, idiotic, owners. I wonder if the Walker Trustees are happy with the hands into which they've put the club. But then I suspect they never cared anyway.

What I can't understand is how the Walker Trustees were so gullible as to be taken in by the these people. Don't they do a thorough investigation before major decisions such as this are taken? Jack Walker must be turning in his grave. I am thoroughly sickened. There must be a Mike Ashley style protest about this.

I want to know

• where Kentaro fit in
  • why they sacked SA
  • what are their targets

You/we may be wasting our time asking mate.I hate to say this but its only a matter of time before JW is shown the door,or should that be unceremoniously booted through it!

As others have stated, this is NOT the Rovers way......

Venky's ( or whoever the fook is running our club) GET SOME PR DONE AND VERY FAST!

Interesting decision by the Venkys, by the end of Jan we'll know whether the trust were right to sell or not.

If they have the money as Nicko has alluded to and are going to invest in the playing side, then bringing in a new manager and players could push us forward. On the other hand if they have bugger all money then sacking Sam will more than likely get us relegated.

What manager of any standing will want to come to a club where he isn't allowed to make, or have a say in, decisions on which players to buy? Only one who is out of work and needs the dosh. Next thing is, they'll be picking the team next.

GET THEM OUT

I suspect the Venky's are now gong to get a rude awakening.

The Rovers squad is riddled with problems and Sam was doing a brilliant job getting the results he was doing. Like it or not, but Sam's management style was costing us a few points but by heck it was gaining us a lot more.

The next problem they have got is they have gone from owners of a respected and admired football club to chicken brains with the majority of the press. Sam got a lot of sympathy for the Newcastle sacking but the entire press corps will back him 100% over this sacking at Rovers- the man's track record was exemplary since he rescued us from the Ince mess.

The added twist of course is they screwed Sam's England chances- and the English press will not take kindly to the already narrow field of candidates to succeed Capello when Inter fire Benitez being reduced even further.

The real horror will be when we start signing a load of second rate crud on inflated fees and wages as Jerome Anderson feasts himself on the fat of India.

Thank goodness we have a 5 point buffer above a relegation slot although I fear that is not enough.

Archived