BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Dawn Of A New Era

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it very interesting that the Rao boys, particularly Barry, like to mingle with the stars.

It makes me think they will want something similar at their football club.

Just very amateur psychology work, but they do like a photo opportunity.

Bigger! the better it seems, Ronaldo? (the fat one) :(

I find it very interesting that the Rao boys, particularly Barry, like to mingle with the stars.

Signing anybody we pay money for will be a photo opportunity!!!

I have found myself reading everyone elses posts and opinions on this takeover and quite honestly not being able to contribute. I genuinely haven't known how i feel about all the goings on thus far. I have been neither for nor against the Venky's takeover in terms of their credentials. However, i am now really starting to warm to the idea.

I know that we have very limited understanding about the company itself and their plans for our club. This really only leaves us to draw our own subjective opinions. Having no experience of high level business / commerce activities i cannot base mine on anything more than gut instinct. Although i must say, when i heard about their involvment in biometrics or whatever it is, it conjured up images of Max Zorin in A View To A Kill. One of the Rao brothers pressing a concealed button in a cane and Vince Grella finding a few extra yards pace all of a sudden! :)

It seems to me Venky's aren't short of a few quid. However, they are clearly not in the Abramovic league. This was always an issue for me in terms of their ability to sustain and improve a PL football club. In the vast majority of cases a football club is not a money spinner. However, reading their initiatives and plans globally, i feel as if we could be on to a winner here. They are definately proactive and determined to grow their business. It does pose a significant risk being a part of a growth strategy, but surely we are better taking the risk than dying what was becoming a slow painful death?

The whole Kentaro issue has provoked understandable reaction from some quarters. We do not want and must not allow ourselves to become a vehicle for a sports agency to showcase their talent at our financial expense. Our rich history and proud character should not be threatened by this. However, it seems to me our new owners have been pretty shrewd in getting the Kentaro bunch onboard. If you don't have hundreds of millions to waste on transfer and agents fees then why not try to eradicate it? Kentaro may just allow us to improve our squad signifcantly whilst building the coffers as a result of improved league positions etc... It looks mutually beneficial to me. Showcase their talent and secure bumper paydays all round. Until such a time as we are in a position to hold our own. Best case scenario i know, but if you don't aim high then whats the point?

Kentaro's other interests seem equally important. The media connections they have and the deals they have secured could be invaluable to us trying to crack the asian market. The above photo's of Akon (personally i hope he chokes on a chicken bone) and Lennox Lewis promoting the Venky's Xprs outlet are fabulous advertisements to the masses. Throw in a Rovers shirt and we are riding a wave of cheap publicity. These cheap marketing stunts (morally not financially) are brilliant moves by the Rao family. People are fickle and easily swayed. Two world icons, one from the sporting world and one from the music (questionable) world cover most bases. If we can see similar schemes promoting our club then we could be onto a winner. We won't crack the market by showcasing our very own Vince Grella or Keith Andrews in pre season tours alone. We are competing against the Utds, Chelseas etc.. for these fans. We need to try something new. Be a little creative. If Kentaro can give us a leg up with this then it makes it a viable partnership doesn't it?

I guess what i'm saying is if Kentaro can help us grow and help our new owners elevate us from our current status then great. Venky's aren't awash with cash and Kentaro can maybe help us compete in footballing terms whilst we grow into a stronger and more recognisable brand. One which, in time, may prove to be more profitable. The owners have made assurances they will honour Jacks legacy and claimed to share the same moral standards and ethics as ours. I hope they do. But i also hope they are able to move us forward. Being a Rovers fan has been hard work for they last few years. Cynicism has become the norm. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is etc... But this lot didn't seem to good to be true. They seem genuine and legitimate. They seem intent to grow their fathers company world wide and they seem to want to take us on the ride too. For me these are exciting times. It could all blow up in my face, but for the time being i'm revelling in the hope that we could be on the up. Better times could be round the corner!

I have found myself reading everyone elses posts and opinions on this takeover and quite honestly not being able to contribute.....

Better times could be round the corner!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too. I'm willing to give the Venky boys a shot at this. What other options have we got?

Am i being slow on the uptake here by saying that these Kentaro guys are publicity events organisers who can get the maximum publicity and benefit from anything that they put their hand to.

If so, it wouldnt put philipl's recent protestations in a positive light, but it would make complete sense that Venky's and Blackburn Rovers have at last, at last, a great chance to breakthrough whats been for so, so long a seemingly invisible and impenetrable barrier regarding peoples negative perceptions towards Blackburn Rovers in communities outside of the boough, the county and the country.

Bring it on ! hopefuly they can finally help John Williams in achieving what was his and Jack Walkers vision for Blackburn Rovers in widening and opening up the good name of Blackburn Rovers football club to a far greater audience outside of Blackburn alone.

• Backroom

I'm sorry it's totally unfounded but right now I can't help but like our Indian Barry White he just makes me smile, I mean look at him! Hopefully this view wont change.

As for the photo ops you have to think the likes of Beckham will be being considered as they would love the publicity.

Also it looks like the late Big Bossman is providing security from those photos.

I'm sorry it's totally unfounded but right now I can't help but like our Indian Barry White he just makes me smile, I mean look at him! Hopefully this view wont change.

As for the photo ops you have to think the likes of Beckham will be being considered as they would love the publicity.

Also it looks like the late Big Bossman is providing security from those photos.

Ha, now you mention it. Barry White, Big Boss Man, Akon, Lennox Lewis who next B)

Am i being slow on the uptake here by saying that these Kentaro guys are publicity events organisers who can get the maximum publicity and benefit from anything that they put their hand to.

If so, it wouldnt put philipl's recent protestations in a positive light, but it would make complete sense that Venky's and Blackburn Rovers have at last, at last, a great chance to breakthrough whats been for so, so long a seemingly invisible and impenetrable barrier regarding peoples negative perceptions towards Blackburn Rovers in communities outside of the boough, the county and the country.

Bring it on ! hopefuly they can finally help John Williams in achieving what was his and Jack Walkers vision for Blackburn Rovers in widening and opening up the good name of Blackburn Rovers football club to a far greater audience outside of Blackburn alone.

Great post by Patrick Valery.

It seems that messages get lost when they get complicated.

I am guardedly positive about Kentaro's marketing involvemet with Rovers- my reservation is that Kentaro's corporate interest long term is to destroy the Premier League's bargaining rights with media distribution and of course Rovers are existentially dependent on those rights remaining a collective under the existing rules.

I am all for expanding the pool of players we recruit from but having Jerome Anderson anywhere near the executive decision-making of Blackburn Rovers is the surest way of destroying the club within a season. He crocked City before Sheikh Mansoor and for sure he would wreck the Rovers.

I asked if we would be getting a Venkys Xprs at ewood...to which they replied YES, we plan to open a few outlets in the UK.....So watch out for a chicken shopping coming soon!! :lol:

Im still positive about this whole takeover so far...im abit nervous about Kentaro by listening to Philip and a few other people like Paul...however I trust the JW Trust to have made the correct decision so im willing to give them time & see how it all plays out.

Having in Akon for example in India would be VERY big news....so him holding a Rovers shirt is a nice little marketing freebie. It also seems like Venkys are going through big expansion and it might be a great time to join the ride just around now as their businesses are growing rapidly & their is expansion is even bigger!

I am guardedly positive about Kentaro's marketing involvemet with Rovers- my reservation is that Kentaro's corporate interest long term is to destroy the Premier League's bargaining rights with media distribution and of course Rovers are existentially dependent on those rights remaining a collective under the existing rules.

But, if their plan aided by Venky's is to turn Rovers into something thats far different from what we see now, surely this could quite possibly mean Rovers should benefit HUGELY, or at least be in a stronger position for whenever these media changes are going to be made.

We're thinking inside the box here philipl, when these guys could have a far greater reaching vision that will allow Rovers, Venky's and Kentaro to move onto a HIGHER plain for a whole range of different reasons.

Lets move on and see just were this takes us on a sensible step by step approach.

But, if their plan aided by Venky's is to turn Rovers into something thats far different from what we see now, surely this could quite possibly mean Rovers should benefit HUGELY, or at least be in a stronger position for whenever these media changes are going to be made.

We're thinking inside the box here philipl, when these guys could have a far greater reaching vision that will allow Rovers, Venky's and Kentaro to move onto a HIGHER plain for a whole range of different reasons.

Lets move on and see just were this takes us on a sensible step by step approach.

If you were talking about people worth billions, you could have a point.

But the way the mega-rich clubs are moving away from the pack means Rovers' best financial interest lie with keeping within the PL structure and ruin lies outside of it.

Other than taking the Rao family's money off them, I struggle to the benefit for Kentaro of their association with Rovers in any way that is beneficial to the Rovers long term.

Let's see what marketing plans they come up with.

I'm finding it hard to believe that after weeks of Venky's/Mrs Desai being in charge they have still to arrange a lengthy face to face meeting with our manager!

Really? I can't imagine he had many lengthy meetings with the Trustees. What's Williams for if the ownership are going to micro-manage the manager? He's met them several times already and there is an established reporting structure through the chairman.

Who said anything about Jol?

Shocking decision. Shocking. Even Jason Roberts was utterly shocked by it according to his Twitter.

We have 21 points, with a run of winnable games coming up. We had just steadied ourselves as a mid-table side which was excellent. Allardyce was screwed. The last time someone did this to him, their club was also in 13th place, and we know what happened next.

Sickened.

Venky's don't address the fans. Venky's don't appear to speak to manager. Do they talk to JW?

I've never been a fan of the Allardyce style but this is not Blackburn Rovers. No one should be treated with this level of contempt. This is not our style. If Venky's think this is how to run a football club they clearly know nothing and can only have been fed some terrible advice by Kentaro.

If this what Venky's think of the manager try to imagine how they view the 20000 or so who will be there on Saturday?

On the other hand the darkest hour comes before dawn. It had better be an absolutely blistering sunrise.

Archived