BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly didn't expect Sam to turn his track record against those sides on it's head and beat both West Ham and Stoke so Kean is basically on a level with what I expected Fathead to get from the 3 games and that's 4 points

You didn't expect Sam to get 3 points against what was the bottom team in the league at the time, despite beating all 4 bottom half teams at home and winning the vast majority of similar games last season?

You didn't expect Sam to beat Stoke at home, despite us winning at home 3-0 two years ago, drawing last season at home and having an excellent home record against similar teams?

And you didn't think Sam could at least get a draw against West Brom, despite winning away to the two other promoted teams, both of which have been at least as good as West Brom?

The fact you call him "Fathead" despite him saving our club from the drop and doing a great job last season should tell us everything we need to know about how objective your opinion is.

For the record none of the people who have been critical of Venky's and the decision have even brought up Sam, even though there's a fair case to say he might have got something from this game. They've all applauded Kean for what was a very good result.

But if some people insist on talking bullshit...

I certainly didn't expect Sam to turn his track record against those sides on it's head and beat both West Ham and Stoke so Kean is basically on a level with what I expected Fathead to get from the 3 games and that's 4 points

For your information "Fathead" saved Rovers from relegation and almost certain oblivion 2 seasons ago and did a very good job building on that success last season and this. He did not deserve and should not have been sacked.

You're an idiot.

For your information "Fathead" saved Rovers from relegation and almost certain oblivion 2 seasons ago and did a very good job building on that success last season and this. He did not deserve and should not have been sacked.

You're an idiot.

You're such a cock.

Sam would have drawn against west ham, like last season when they were plainly there for taking but he refused to change his gameplan to go for the draw. He would of most likely beat Stoke but we would of likely have been on the wrong end of a 3-1 today. 4 points

Just my (idiotic) opinion which I am fully entitled to. And yes I didn't want Sam to be manager in the first place, never liked him or his massive ego, never will and I am looking forward to life without him.

At least Kean put todays win down to the players whereas the last incumbant would have said it was all ME ME ME!!!

Will be interesting to see what negative spin certain sections of the media will put on the result, perhaps they will focus on Kali's poor challenge, rather than the good football we played, and the good positive support we had today.

As a lifelong "Guardian" reader, this headline: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/28/west-bromwich-albion-blackburn-rovers-premier-league really hacks me off!

It's the sort of thing I'd have expected from some of the tabloids; but, ffs, we "Guardian" readers are supposed to be fair; see both sides of the argument; etc., etc!

Just happy to see egg on a few faces...some that seem to be ducking for cover right now.

The lack of respect shown to someone who was a coach for the past 18 months and has fully served his apprenticeship has been quite disgusting.

The bandwagon-jumping blethers have shown a few folk up too.

You judge this regime at the end of January when their 'plan' starts to take shape - and signings are made. That was an astonishing result in the circumstances. Your bench at Sunderland will be full of unknowns now too.

There will be three or four managers who will find their clubs don't back them and their judgement in the transfer market next month...at least your owners had the bottle to make that decision sooner.

One good result and suddenly everything is OK .... what a load of twaddle this is..

Let's see where we finish in May shall we ?

Sam would have drawn against west ham, like last season when they were plainly there for taking but he refused to change his gameplan to go for the draw. He would of most likely beat Stoke but we would of likely have been on the wrong end of a 3-1 today. 4 points

Just my opinion which I am fully entitled to. And yes I didn't want Sam to be manager, never liked him, never will and I am looking forward to life without him.

West Ham weren't the bottom team in the league last season.

And jim is right, if you can't appreciate what a great job he did for Rovers then you are an idiot. If Venky's provide money this January that, together with the points accrued by Sam, should see us safe this season and who knows what will happen next. But if it wasn't for him we'd be in the Championship now.

You didn't expect Sam to get 3 points against what was the bottom team in the league at the time, despite beating all 4 bottom half teams at home and winning the vast majority of similar games last season?

You didn't expect Sam to beat Stoke at home, despite us winning at home 3-0 two years ago, drawing last season at home and having an excellent home record against similar teams?

And you didn't think Sam could at least get a draw against West Brom, despite winning away to the two other promoted teams, both of which have been at least as good as West Brom?

The fact you call him "Fathead" despite him saving our club from the drop and doing a great job last season should tell us everything we need to know about how objective your opinion is.

For the record none of the people who have been critical of Venky's and the decision have even brought up Sam, even though there's a fair case to say he might have got something from this game. They've all applauded Kean for what was a very good result.

But if some people insist on talking bullshit...

You're the one talking nonsense.

You can't say Sam would automatically have beaten West Ham had he lost Roberts after 10 mins, then Samba and Jones.

You can't say Sam would automatically have beaten Stoke either, he didn't last season.

The only thing you're right on is that there is absolutely no need to refer to Sam by a derogatory name.

You're the one talking nonsense.

You can't say Sam would automatically have beaten West Ham had he lost Roberts after 10 mins, then Samba and Jones.

You can't say Sam would automatically have beaten Stoke either, he didn't last season.

The only thing you're right on is that there is absolutely no need to refer to Sam by a derogatory name.

Nothing is "automatic". But it is very likely he would've done.

Sam took 7 points from 24 against West Ham and Stoke during his time so a win was far from automatic or likely. Either way it's moot now.

Onwards and upwards

Home form. Not away form.

He also didn't lose at home to Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal last season but none of us were shocked when he did so this season because those were the sorts of teams we'd expect to probably lose against. Similarly Sam's track record at home against the lower half teams was so good that we rightly expected to win those games.

Anyway, it is a moot point now, and it certainly wasn't me who started this up again...

One good result and suddenly everything is OK .... what a load of twaddle this is..

Let's see where we finish in May shall we ?

I agree - but that goes both ways. I think Nicko was reacting - and rightly so - to all the knee jerk reactions since Kean's appointment. WBA was a good result - with what sounds like a slight improvement in performance (and possibly effort). We have to give this guy a chance - with so many players injured or suspended - Sunderland will be very difficult - so lets not jump on Kean's back if it goes against us.

Crikey there is some rot being posted on here.

I am utterly delighted about that win at the Hawthorns today but just as we were without several key players, let's not forget that Chris Brunt makes WBA tick- they are enormously dependent on him as I think today's game showed.

Above all I am hugely relieved. This morning I expected we were slipping into a relegation battle and it will need quite a few more points yet before we can begin to breathe more easily in that respect.

The Rovers are a club crawling back from the most horrible two weeks we have endured in an awfully long time. We still have a massively inexperienced Manager whom every PL Manager and Neil Warnock will fancy themselves to put one over on. Even tonight, Steve Kean had to do an interview saying he is not an agent's poodle or some equivalent so that issue of his agent's role is hanging around like a bad smell. We still have a shambles behind the scenes with the Venky's chicken bosses thinking they can run the Rovers better from Pune than the seasoned management at Ewood. We still have owners who by their own admission know very little about football or the football business and their integrity is being questioned not just by BBC Radio interviews in the UK but by a law suit back home in India. And the spectre of Jerome Anderson looms dark over everything.

Winning 3-1 at WBA hasn't set any of those issues to rights but it has bought the club some breathing time and a less pressured atmosphere to get things sorted out in. But do not kid ourselves that winning 3-1 away somehow inoculates Rovers from yet more seriously dumb decision-making from Pune- we have to hope they have learnt something from the media mauling they have received but there are plenty of pitfalls and opportunities to waste the Venky's somewhat limited funds in the month ahead.

Crikey there is some rot being posted on here.

I am utterly delighted about that win at the Hawthorns today but just as we were without several key players, let's not forget that Chris Brunt makes WBA tick- they are enormously dependent on him as I think today's game showed.

Above all I am hugely relieved. This morning I expected we were slipping into a relegation battle and it will need quite a few more points yet before we can begin to breathe more easily in that respect.

The Rovers are a club crawling back from the most horrible two weeks we have endured in an awfully long time. We still have a massively inexperienced Manager whom every PL Manager and Neil Warnock will fancy themselves to put one over on. Even tonight, Steve Kean had to do an interview saying he is not an agent's poodle or some equivalent so that issue of his agent's role is hanging around like a bad smell. We still have a shambles behind the scenes with the Venky's chicken bosses thinking they can run the Rovers better from Pune than the seasoned management at Ewood. We still have owners who buy their own admission know very little about football or the football business and their integrity is being questioned not just by BBC Radio interviews in the UK but by a law suit back home in India. And the spectre of Jerome Anderson looms dark over everything.

Winning 3-1 at WBA hasn't set any of those issues to rights but it has bought the club some breathing time and a less pressured atmosphere to get things sorted out in. But do not kid ourselves that winning 3-1 away somehow inoculates Rovers from yet more seriously dumb decision-making from Pune- we have to hope they have learnt something from the media mauling they have received but there are plenty of pitfalls and opportunities to waste the Venky's somewhat limited funds in the month ahead.

Twas ever thus under Sam but were currently 9th so we're hardly hovering over the trap door.

To what law suit do you refer? Surely not some sort of spurious claim by Saurin Shah?

The biggest comfort Rovers can take from today, is that, probably four more wins and a draw should see Rovers safe.

So with beating the three newcomers away from home this season and and still yet to play these teams at Ewood Park, surely this alone should put some much needed positivity back into the camp.

The biggest comfort Rovers can take from today, is that, probably four more wins and a draw should see Rovers safe.

So with beating the three newcomers away from home this season and and still yet to play these teams at Ewood Park, surely this alone should put some much needed positivity back into the camp.

Its a strange season alright, especialy for us Rovers fans, 3 out of ten teams could go down, I think the comments about a top ten finish were about right looking at the league because anyone not in that bracket has a chance to go, look at the table under us, surely a lot of them teams are going to be safe.

There have been plenty of teams worse than us and plenty better but in my eyes, this is one of the tightest prems ever for who is going to go down, a good run of three games unbeaten will keep you up and too many home losses will see you gone.

Lets get behind the boys next home game big time, there going to need it :brfcsmilie:

Twas ever thus under Sam but were currently 9th so we're hardly hovering over the trap door.

To what law suit do you refer? Surely not some sort of spurious claim by Saurin Shah?

I am glad you are relaxed about our Premier League prospects. I Agree with you that Sam would have seen us safe.

Do you have information which convinces you that the Shah claim is spurious over and above Mrs D's say-so? If you'd asked me four weeks ago about a claim like Saurin Shah's I'd have dismissed it as fanciful but I get the impression key people who had encountered them no longer have the Rao family as the family-value driven what you see is what you get outfit they thought they were in the weeks leading up to 18 November.

Let's just put it this way, many people read nicko's posts prior to the sale and were happy to be lead to believe they were not true. Yet look what has happened and how unrelated the current actuality is to Mrs Desai's statement about continuity etc on the day of purchase by Venky's London Limited of shares in Rovers from BRFCI (the Walker Trust owner of Rovers).

I am glad you are relaxed about our Premier League prospects. I Agree with you that Sam would have seen us safe.

Do you have information which convinces you that the Shah claim is spurious over and above Mrs D's say-so? If you'd asked me four weeks ago about a claim like Saurin Shah's I'd have dismissed it as fanciful but I get the impression key people who had encountered them no longer have the Rao family as the family-value driven what you see is what you get outfit they thought they were in the weeks leading up to 18 November.

Let's just put it this way, many people read nicko's posts prior to the sale and were happy to be lead to believe they were not true. Yet look what has happened and how unrelated the current actuality is to Mrs Desai's statement about continuity etc on the day of purchase by Venky's London Limited of shares in Rovers from BRFCI (the Walker Trust owner of Rovers).

FFS give it a rest mate. I've kept out of all the furore surrounding the takeover etc but from what I've seen you simply post opinions paraded as facts. Quit it, enjoy today's result, and get behind 'The New Fergie'

I won't be complacent about our Premier League safety until we are are on forty points or so near to it with a lot of the season left as to make it irrelevant. Then again, I was never completely confident under Sam's brand of hit and hope football and sod the away games either.

Has Shah actually issued a law suit in India or has he merely expressed dissatisfaction at some perceived slight? If it's the latter you're possibly sailing a bit close to the wind with your comments.

FFS give it a rest mate. I've kept out of all the furore surrounding the takeover etc but from what I've seen you simply post opinions paraded as facts. Quit it, enjoy today's result, and get behind 'The New Fergie'

I know the apostrophes round that phrase tell us that you don't mean it seriously, but still...the new Fergie? Really?

He's the most uninspiring, dour person I can imagine. Every Premier League manager has something about them that makes them unique. Kean? He's nothing. Listen to any semi-articulate lower league manager. That's where he is, with the nobodies.

To be honest I hate him most because he blatantly got this job by telling Venky's exactly what they wanted to hear - that £5 million could propel this club into the upper reaches of the league. I don't think he would have been anywhere near the job without those lies.

Edit: Having said that, if I'm wrong I'll willingly hold my hands up as knowing absolutely nothing. I won't pursue the issue despite success, like some people.

He's the most uninspiring, dour person I can imagine. Every Premier League manager has something about them that makes them unique. Kean? He's nothing. Listen to any semi-articulate lower league manager. That's where he is, with the nobodies.

A succesion of good results and everyone will be hanging on Kean's every word. A succession of bad ones and he'll be history.

I wouldn't exactly describe Sir Alex Ferguson as Sir Laurence Olivier either but there you go.

A succession of good results and I'll be applauding Allardyce for assembling a team that even an amateur can get results with.

Eh??

Not like you that Le Chuck you're normally a very good poster.

If Kean does better than Sam he does better. If he does worse he does worse. Surely?

Or have I missed a sarcasm smiley somewhere?

Archived