BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Id make Nelsen the captain until the summer...after that we need to be looking to establish Jones in the centre of defence and hopefully either Samba or a new central defender.

Bloody hell you're so fickle. You don't rate Nelsen at all.

KEANO KEANO SIGN HIM UP!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mame Diouf in the Star.

Diouf, a goalscorer in the 3-1 win at West Brom on Tuesday, said: “We have been going the wrong way in the last couple of weeks with so many things going on at the club and we lost our focus.

“But now we are back on it as a team and a club.

“You are always going to have criticisms like we have had because it is football. We have to be together.”

So things were going pear shaped but the good news is that this has been turned around and Mame Diouf is thinking in terms of "we" as a Rover.

Id make Nelsen the captain until the summer...after that we need to be looking to establish Jones in the centre of defence and hopefully either Samba or a new central defender.

Oh dear you just have to laugh :lol::lol::lol:

We don't seem to be saying anything contradictory to each other's posts.

I don't disagree about your version. However, it did leave out the part of Samba going to the press at a pretty awful time. Result - stripped captaincy, verdict - fair enough.

However, it does seem that groundless, overly opinionated speculation is getting a bad name here for some reason. Without such spewing forth of the ingenious and, more usually, churlish opinions there would be little point of having a Rovers Supporters' Board.

So...my version...

Samba has been itching for a move for sometime. Not that he is unhappy here, but simply as that is what most players with ambition do after a certain amount of time with us. With all this turmoil going on, he wanted to remind any bigger clubs that he was here, available and willing to move to a perceived higher plain, bereft of the knowledge that 95% of those who leave Rovers go on to become a steaming pile of crap.

He didn't want to burn any bridges, so no transfer request or any really arrogant gestures a la David Bentley. Oh, and besides, a transfer request would cost a lot of money.

So...where does that leave us? A Samba happy enough to stay at Rovers if no big club comes in for him, but he used the upheaval as a chance just to send out an SOS call.

Time to get him back concentrating on playing for Rovers. If a bid comes in that is worth what we value him at, get shot. He has been a good player for us but doesn't come close to us losing the likes of Bellamy, Cole, Bentley, Freidel, never mind going back to Duff and Shearer...

So...all's well that ends well. Nelsen back as captain. Samba back in the team. Remember...it's just a job to most of them, right?

As overly opinionated, churlish and ingenious speculation goes I think you are probably very close to the truth with that :lol::P;)

Mame Diouf in the Star.

Diouf, a goalscorer in the 3-1 win at West Brom on Tuesday, said: “We have been going the wrong way in the last couple of weeks with so many things going on at the club and we lost our focus.

“You are always going to have criticisms like we have had because it is football. We have to be together.”

So things were going pear shaped but the good news is that this has been turned around and Mame Diouf is thinking in terms of "we" as a Rover.

Sorry are you trying to use those quotes to somewhat imply that you've been proved right in one of your many ridiculous agendas?

We don't seem to be saying anything contradictory to each other's posts.

I don't disagree about your version. However, it did leave out the part of Samba going to the press at a pretty awful time. Result - stripped captaincy, verdict - fair enough.

We're singing from the same hymn sheet FLB. I do think this has been handled badly by Kean though - irrespective of Samba's comments, which have been misrepresented. If Samba has been itching for a move, he's been itching apparently for around 12 months. In that time he's been team captain, has been giving his best on the park, not demanded a move and he's not been a problem to anyone. As soon as Allardyce was sacked and there was obviously much resentment around the club and the fans he saw fit to speak out about his concerns. Kean then turned this against Samba, informing the press that Samba wanted out and stripped him of the captaincy - all of which was totally unnecessary, didn't need saying and will probably work against what Kean is trying to achieve. On top of that, can the players have confidence that what's said to the manager in confidence in future, will remain in confidence?

IMO, there was no problem with what Samba actually said [as opposed to what people are now translating it to be], until Kean went public with his opening of the details. All this has done is to turn fans against the team captain - bad management.

You put the highlights on things going pear shaped- not me. Obviously Dunn, Nelsen, Samba and now MMD are all pursuing ridiculous agendas. Now buzz along and irritate Hughesy again.

Hang on a minute, Shilli is right. You said it. He highlighted it!

If he wanted assurances about what was happening at the club then why was a journalist his first point of call?

Talk to the coaches, talk to the chairman, if need be pick up a phone and call India, because the people at the club are far more likely to know what's going on than the media.If his worry was investment then why couldn't it have waited for Kean to get back from India? Same goes for if he wanted answers on who the manager was going to be.

His comments certainly didn't amount to a transfer request, but if you're looking for stability in the club then making public comments that only add to the uncertainty is more than a little self-defeating. Without trying to read anything more into it, he has been naive at best and personally I'll need another public sign from Samba before I'll be confident that this is just a misunderstanding.

That was the problem, a very good and well respected Chairman, nor the coaches had no idea what was happening, lots of players were not only mystified about what was happening but angry too in the way things had been done, whatever is said now, that was definately the case after the sacking of Sam.

I ask you this, the common sense of the matter, would you as an employee not be unsettled, if a manager doing a pretty decent job was unjustly sacked by people with no knowledge of the game or industry?

I have refrained from posting for a while until yesterday, you know my opinions on the matter so will not cover previous ground, only time will tell, the quality of signings and how he sets the team up to play but at the moment we must not get carried away with the victory at WBA, good as it was, come the end of January, then we should re-assess, if he has done well, then well done Steve Kean.

Remember, Wolves won at Liverpool yesterday with a better result and performance than ours!!

Lets wait and see.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8758539.Olsson__Blackburn_Rovers_players_are_all_behind_new_boss/?ref=rss

"Kean is a good guy and has taken some good training sessions."

“We are all behind him and he is a very positive guy."

He is hardly going to say they don’t think he is cut out to be a manager?

Kean is a very well respected coach however it is hard to predict how he will do as manager because he has not been one before.

Obviously we are hoping he turns out to be a very good manager for us.

"We have been going the wrong way in the last couple of weeks with so many things going on at the club and we lost our focus.

Thats the complete article. We did draw against West Ham and lose against Stoke City, surely the simple deduction would be those results were the loss of focus and the "we are back on it" would be the win against West Brom.

"We have been going the wrong way in the last couple of weeks with so many things going on at the club and we lost our focus.

Thats the complete article. We did draw against West Ham and lose against Stoke City, surely the simple deduction would be those results were the loss of focus and the "we are back on it" would be the win against West Brom.

Exactly. There isn't always something to be read between the lines.

And you haven't read the Star article have you- it was a simple cut and paste from that article. :lol:

You said the bit about things going pear shaped. That's your agenda showing again. Frankly, reading posts from you at the moment is like watching someone with OCD turn the light on. It's all Jerome Anderson bad, Kentaro bad, players are revolting, Rovers are going down until we won where you can go and point at the tiny bit of positive you've posted recently. None of us want a football agent running the club or even involved. We all know you hate Anderson as well. I don't want to hear about it every five minutes though.

We're singing from the same hymn sheet FLB. I do think this has been handled badly by Kean though - irrespective of Samba's comments, which have been misrepresented. If Samba has been itching for a move, he's been itching apparently for around 12 months. In that time he's been team captain, has been giving his best on the park, not demanded a move and he's not been a problem to anyone. As soon as Allardyce was sacked and there was obviously much resentment around the club and the fans he saw fit to speak out about his concerns. Kean then turned this against Samba, informing the press that Samba wanted out and stripped him of the captaincy - all of which was totally unnecessary, didn't need saying and will probably work against what Kean is trying to achieve. On top of that, can the players have confidence that what's said to the manager in confidence in future, will remain in confidence?

IMO, there was no problem with what Samba actually said [as opposed to what people are now translating it to be], until Kean went public with his opening of the details. All this has done is to turn fans against the team captain - bad management.

excellent summary den.

as the new topic, seems to be player mutiny, as opposed to complete sweet happines, could you phillip and imy9, perhaps meet in the middle. It would seem natural, that with all the changes, in such a short timeframe, that the staff, the players and employees at the club, were thrown into a situation with alot of uncertainties. Now some of the dust has settled and the majority knows a bit about, what the future holds, things are perhaps closer to normal, then it was a week or 2 ago.

excellent summary den.

as the new topic, seems to be player mutiny, as opposed to complete sweet happines, could you phillip and imy9, perhaps meet in the middle. It would seem natural, that with all the changes, in such a short timeframe, that the staff, the players and employees at the club, were thrown into a situation with alot of uncertainties. Now some of the dust has settled and the majority knows a bit about, what the future holds, things are perhaps closer to normal, then it was a week or 2 ago.

Whilst I agree with Den about there being no problem with what Samba actaually said, it's the fact that he appeared to be using the current situation to engineer a move for himself that has annoyed me when, if you believe Nicko and Kean, he has been after the move for the last 12 months. I think that Kean has handled thie situation very well. It gives a message to the players that, "if your not happy fine you can leave, but only on our terms. Oh and don't try and pull the wool over the eyes of the fans as I will tell them what I understand the situation to be"

Now I don't profess to know what the real situation is, but as Samba/his agent have not, to my knowledge responded/denied the comments from Kean, then I can only presume it is as Kean has told it. In that situation, why should Samba remain as captain - the figurehead of the players? I'm not doubting his performances on the pitch as he has regularly been our best defender, but if he doesn't want to be here then sorry mate, you can't lead the side

Archived