BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

I can:

Sam Allardyce.

Evidence please.

I would suggest it would be the other way round: most Rovers fans were horrifed Sam was sacked.

I have yet to speak to one that was horrified. Some questioned the timing but none were horrified. None of them shed any tears

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. If Samba had not made the statement why has he not come out and said so?

I really don't see how Kean is getting the flak for this. He was absolutely right. Personally I don't want my captain saying he wants to leave the club because of the situation it is in. He should be saying along the likes of "this is a difficult time but we have a job to do and we will pull together".

I think the main point is that they both went publically when they shouldn't have. The entire issue should've been kept out of the press for different reasons. Up until Kean had come back from India with his "information", no one at the club or in the fanbase knew what was going on or what the future of the club was going to be. The concerns were valid, but probably shouldn't have been made public by Samba.

I'm not going to fault Samba for being honest when asked a question, nor will I fault Kean for trying to stamp his authority on the squad. Samba's acted in a professional manner throughout his time here, so anyone who thinks he's been giving less than 100% for this club is kidding themselves. This continuing talk of "he said, she said" is getting tiresome and I just want Kean to assemble a strong squad and have Samba back in there performing for our club.

Is this some dingle taking the p*ss or is this Venkys twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/VenkysBlackburn

I'm pretty sure that is a joke/parody account.

I think the "official" Venky's Twitter is http://twitter.com/#!/venkysindia

Though it's hard to be sure. The accounts in the names of Roberts and Diouf were possibly found to be fake this week which is a shame as they came across pretty genuine (a good hoax). I've removed them from my list for the time being. Still 160 Rovers on it though. http://twitter.com/#!/deftangel/blackburn-rovers-fans/members

It seems the Venky's are micromanaging things they shouldn't be doing in a well-run UK plc and are not giving answers to big questions like the January transfer budget?

Errr....... how so?

As for the second part of that post, I'm sure if they specified a figure that was available you'd be the first to criticise because clubs would put on an extra zero when we went in for them.

Besides even if the transfer budget were "only" 5m it's fairly certain that'd be 5m more than if the previous owners were still in charge.

I don't want to sound melodramatic too but you need to bear in mind that if we get relegated Ivan it could easily signal the end of the club itself! We could easily become bankrupt and cease to exist. That is my opinion of the gamble that the Venkeys have taken with our club. If we are relegated I can see the parachute payments vanishing and the club being asset stripped as Venkeys seek to recoup their investment whilst they disappear into the setting sun.

With the previous owners starving us of funding Gordon nothing was as inevitable as eventual relegation under their stewardship.

Also they didn't do too bad a job of asset stripping us while they could did they? Bentley, RSC, Warnock. Before the emergence of Jones there was only Robinson and Samba left with any real resale value and no doubt they'd have been flogged as well had they remained in charge a year or two more.

With the previous owners starving us of funding Gordon nothing was as inevitable as eventual relegation under their stewardship.

Also they didn't do too bad a job of asset stripping us while they could did they? Bentley, RSC, Warnock. Before the emergence of Jones there was only Robinson and Samba left with any real resale value and no doubt they'd have been flogged as well had they remained in charge a year or two more.

I said that would happen on here when the Williams deal fell through. If the mountain won't come to mohammed then mohammed must go to the mountain. No one bit at 60m so flogging off a few assets and halving the asking price is an obvious move.

The Walkers must be relieved to be out of the asylum. AMS's comments about prune juice and idiots with a death wish are old now but even more relevent. 20 years ago Jack could see a 'few bob' resurrecting BRFC into a top club but now a single billionaire with no family and given 2 years to live by his doctor will struggle to even get into the Champions league. The Walkers haven't starved us of money they just know their own limitations and there comes a time when it's wisest to admit to a defeat (of sorts).

BUT the difference is if we had gone down they would have altered the model to suit damage limitation and life in the lower divisions and stuck at it. They would have been slaughtered by 80% of the supporters too who would rather suck em dry than accept our true position in football heirarchy. I've no doubt though that this lot would asset strip, stick a massive admin charge on to grab the parachutre payment and sail off into the sunset as fast as they bloody well could leaving us to sink to inevitable oblivion. I BELIEVE.

I really don't see how Kean is getting the flak for this. He was absolutely right. Personally I don't want my captain saying he wants to leave the club because of the situation it is in. He should be saying along the likes of "this is a difficult time but we have a job to do and we will pull together".

Missing the point mum.

As far as Samba's comments are concerned, well for starters he didn't say he wanted to leave the club. He said "if this is the way the club was going to be run" he would want out. Either way, that's not the point because we have no control over what a player says to the press, it's how the manager/club deals with the situation that counts.

In your opinion mum, has the way Kean used the press and publically stripped Samba of the captaincy made it more likely that Samba leaves the club, or less likely? I know what I think. One more question - would you think it wise for the manager to use the press every time a player becomes unsettled, or would it be wiser to keep things in house?

Missing the point mum.

As far as Samba's comments are concerned, well for starters he didn't say he wanted to leave the club. He said "if this is the way the club was going to be run" he would want out. Either way, that's not the point because we have no control over what a player says to the press, it's how the manager/club deals with the situation that counts.

In your opinion mum, has the way Kean used the press and publically stripped Samba of the captaincy made it more likely that Samba leaves the club, or less likely? I know what I think. One more question - would you think it wise for the manager to use the press every time a player becomes unsettled, or would it be wiser to keep things in house?

No in my opinion it isn't me who is missing the point. I stand by what I said. It's not up to Samba to publicly criticise the way the club is run, as long as he gets his wages he's there to play his football and help ensure we have a winning team. I was pleased when Samba got the Captainship, I think it matured him on the field and his play definitely improved, and I don't care if it was a sop to get him to stay at the time.

It wasn't Kean who started it all, was it? He had to be seen to be doing something or the next thing you know they'd all be sitting on the pitch with placards on strike. Hopefully everyone will have learned from this and the experience will have benefited both Kean and Samba.

As for keeping things in house, I am definitely all for it. Unfortunately it doesn't always work as the quest for information is so pressing these days and as someone said every word is analysed over and over and two and two doesn't make four any more!

We may have to agree to disagree, but I still love you, Den xx :P Happy New Year!

We may have to agree to disagree, but I still love you, Den xx :P Happy New Year!

Well from that post you would also want Nelsen stripping from the club captaincy and half of the first team squad being singled out for public criticism, because they all publically criticised the way the club was being run. Oh, and yes it was Kean that started it all, because we knew nothing about it until Kean brought it into the public arena. It was never deemed necessary to punish Samba until Kean took over.

In all honesty, I really struggle to understand why people fail see that Kean should have dealt with this problem behind closed doors. That's how it was being dealt with to the benefit of all parties.

Anyway - Love you too Carole :lol:

Happy new year!

No in my opinion it isn't me who is missing the point. I stand by what I said. It's not up to Samba to publicly criticise the way the club is run, as long as he gets his wages he's there to play his football and help ensure we have a winning team. I was pleased when Samba got the Captainship, I think it matured him on the field and his play definitely improved, and I don't care if it was a sop to get him to stay at the time.

It wasn't Kean who started it all, was it? He had to be seen to be doing something or the next thing you know they'd all be sitting on the pitch with placards on strike. Hopefully everyone will have learned from this and the experience will have benefited both Kean and Samba.

As for keeping things in house, I am definitely all for it. Unfortunately it doesn't always work as the quest for information is so pressing these days and as someone said every word is analysed over and over and two and two doesn't make four any more!

Spot on

I'm with you roversmum. 67splitscreen posted this on the other thread:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sport/football/4506097/Blackburn-Rovers-future-rosy-Nelsen

A much more positive outlook expressed by current captain Nelsen but he seems to suggest that Samba still hasn't got his head right.

I am sure it was JW, but Sam played hardball publicly thus pushing up the price of a player who wasnt even playing for us at the time, and had been injured for months. He didnt "inadvertently" bring his price down by virtually throwing in the towel and confirming that the player has been trying to move for a year.

I'm with you roversmum. 67splitscreen posted this on the other thread:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sport/football/4506097/Blackburn-Rovers-future-rosy-Nelsen

A much more positive outlook expressed by current captain Nelsen but he seems to suggest that Samba still hasn't got his head right.

So if the case is that Kean has taken it off him temporaily till he's clamed down then why not say that????

If he'd come out and said 'Samba's head isn't right at the moment he's had a few issues off field and at present we feel it best if Ryan takes the armband for the interium. This action is only temporay and the second Samba is back and firing he'll get it back. We just feel that given all that's gone on we need to ensure there's no issues and at the end of day Nelsen is the club captain so its not that bigger change.

Yet more mixed messages, top 6 here we come!!!!!

I'll concede game set and match if Kean can get 17m for him too. Can he play hard ball as well as the last manager do you think?

We were lucky to have Roque's biggest fan holding a blank chequebook at the time.

Maji- as far as I am aware kean took the captaincy off Samba after speaking to his agent, since that time he spike to samba before the west brom game and Samba affirmed his will to play for Rovers, situation changed Kean adapted with it, I'd rather that then Kean based on bravado continued to strip samba of the captaincy. Good management?!

Maji- as far as I am aware kean took the captaincy off Samba after speaking to his agent, since that time he spike to samba before the west brom game and Samba affirmed his will to play for Rovers, situation changed Kean adapted with it, I'd rather that then Kean based on bravado continued to strip samba of the captaincy. Good management?!

Imy9 - Sit down, sort it all out, however that ends up and draw a line under it and move on.

Now as opposed to the withdrawl of the armband we now have our club captain saying its only temporay, which is it Kean said he'd taken it away, now Nelsen, its his once he gets his head straight. We've had more people coming out and telling us what the crack is than ever before at our club and quite frankly I'd rather they just shut up and not bothered. Top 4, Top 6, 5 million, 20 million, Jones off, Sam sacked because he ballsed up their tea party and so on I have absolutely had enough of it all.

People need to remember this is not business.

This is football, business is nothing like football, the turnaround time is days these things cannot be chopping and changed constantly. No other business must get its product out as frequently as football there is an average of 3-4 days between games and I don't see say honda producing a new car every 3-4 days or microsoft bringing out a new operating system, let alone ones that work perfectly. Situations like these should not be fluid, but dealt with decisevely and with clarity to all to ensure stability and cohesion.

The only thing that I can say on it all with clarity is it most definitly is Panto season.

Situations like these should not be fluid, but dealt with decisevely and with clarity to all to ensure stability and cohesion.

Exactly

The only thing that I can say on it all with clarity is it most definitly is Panto season.

Oh no it isn't! ;)

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/64360.html

Kean said: "Christopher would have played but he wouldn't have been captain because at the moment he is looking to possibly get away from the club. Until he can come back and say he is happy to stay I think we'll look elsewhere in the club. He would have played but he failed a fitness test today." This was after the Stoke game.

Before the West Brom game Kean spoke to Samba:

"He is happy to see how things develop in the transfer market and he is starting to think about staying at the club, which is a bonus for us."

So still not clear is Samba staying or going? Kean has simply said (which Nelsen has confirmed) that when Samba commits fully to the club, he can become captain again, but not before, that is pretty clear to me.

Archived