BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 easy home games and 2 easy'ish away games =4pts...........shocking squad but not good enough and now the really hard game run starts

Sorry steve new manager in the window still for me.

Stoke was not an easy game.

Sunderland was not an easy game (they've only lost once at home) and we had a patched-up squad.

This month is going to be massive.

Injuries are a factor which we can't ignore, think we all know we are lacking quality regardless in attacking areas. Slight concern is that, in recent matches, we have forgotten the importance of keeping a clean sheet.

Stoke was not an easy game. It WAS AT HOME TIME TO GIVE UP IF WE ARE WORRIED BY STOKE AT HOME

Sunderland was not an easy game (they've only lost once at home) and we had a patched-up squad.LAST GAME 2-0 TO BLACKPOOL FFS

This month is going to be massive. BY MASSIVE YOU MEAN DISASTER I TAKE IT

Offer Holloway £25k a week he'd be here in a heartbeat must be on peanuts as blackpool manager

• Backroom

Holloway strikes me as someone doing brilliant at one team but would really struggle elsewhere, he is managing a team with no expectations and no pressure right now

liverpool then chelsea then wba and spuds

seeing 3pts home to wba and thats it

kean is just a coach, wba win did'nt change anything. Blackpool got a worse team on paper than ours and did scumberland 2-0 at stadium of light attacking all the way then 3 days later we don't trouble they're keeper at all and give them a very straight forward and un-troubled 3-0 win.

Holloway in pronto to shake our lot up, want to appoint from outside the club no bias towards any of our players i.e. someone who will bomb dunn pedersen and givet out of the team absolutely useless the 3 of them.

Injuries are a factor which we can't ignore, think we all know we are lacking quality regardless in attacking areas. Slight concern is that, in recent matches, we have forgotten the importance of keeping a clean sheet.

I think that is the biggest understatement of the year so far !

I can't remember the last time we had so many players injured or suspended. On top of that Emerton is not going to be available for a month.

Venkys need to get there cheque book out now.

Get 3 - 4 players in ASAP and that will send out a positive statement to fans, the players and the manager.

Hopefully we will have at least 1 or 2 players in by the next game.

I'm not blaming Kean for this defeat, its time for the owners to back their man.

Offer Holloway £25k a week he'd be here in a heartbeat must be on peanuts as blackpool manager

Sunderland created countless chances against Blackpool and should have absolutely hammered them. They were never going to do as badly again. And agaisnt Stoke we were playing the masters of the style of play Allardyce had drilled into our players - of course it was a hard game. But any excuse to have a go at the manager of whom little could realistically be expected today. He had little choice on who to start and probably less on who to bring on to try to freshen things up.

kean is just a coach, wba win did'nt change anything.

Apart from 3pts?

Blackpool got a worse team on paper than ours and did scumberland 2-0 at stadium of light attacking all the way then 3 days later we don't trouble they're keeper at all and give them a very straight forward and un-troubled 3-0 win.

Sunderland created 30+ chances against Blackpool and lost 2-0. It was a freak result.

Blackpool did not have overr half of their team missing.

Holloway in pronto to shake our lot up

Get over the Holloway love-in.

Holloway strikes me as someone doing brilliant at one team but would really struggle elsewhere, he is managing a team with no expectations and no pressure right now

I think you're right TCO, sorry, Tom. Holloway had no expectations beyond keeping the side in the Championship last year. He did very well, got promoted via the play off lottery and now has the exact same expectations this year. I'm not saying he's a poor manager, just that circumstances have helped him galvanise an average bunch of players.

I like Steve Kean. Speaks well and speaks sense. But it was a very tough time for him to step up. Not to mention the fact that our entire squad needs a shake up. A very big ask for any manager. This squad is more thread bare than any Rovers side i can recall. Injuries have ravaged us. As such i think its unfair to judge Kean on recent results. But he will have to be judged on his signings. Spend some cash on a load of old duffers and questions will rightly be asked.

For the time being i'll happily keep the faith. Something about Kean gives me some confidence. Not sure why, but i think he has got what it takes to be a success in the long term.

Read into it what you will but Steve Kean, Paul Ince and Mark Hughes all have/had the same record after 4 PL games. I still think its too early to judge but I get the feeling achieving 15 more points this season will be a real slog (as it was under Hughes first Season).

Mark Hughes* P4 W1 D1 L2

Paul Ince P4 W1 D1 L2

Big Sam P4 W2 D2 L0

Steve Kentaro P4 W1 D1 L2

*excludes Portsmouth game (win) as Tony Parkes was still in charge although I do remember him on the touchline during the second half.

So if Fat Sam got fired for the heavy loss vs United, how much longer is Kean going to get? If Venkys are so impatient and can't stand being embarrassed, how would they describe such failures as the games vs West Ham, Stoke and Sunderland?

So if Fat Sam got fired for the heavy loss vs United, how much longer is Kean going to get? If Venkys are so impatient and can't stand being embarrassed, how would they describe such failures as the games vs West Ham, Stoke and Sunderland?

I'd describe it as karma ;)

VenkysBlackburn Venky's Ltd

Has anybody got Darren Ferguson's number??

Has anyone seen these boys and TheBig_Sam together at the same time? :lol:

Funniest thing ever on internet, YOP tweets and peter reid tweets had me in tears still chuckling like dr hibbert days later awesome.

Ian Holloway - absolutely not. He wouldn't come anyway.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure who would come after Allardyce was marched into the courtyard and shot at dawn.

Liverpool fans want Hodgson out and some even want Benitez back in. This is a mere 6 months after Roy came in to pick up the pieces. How can he sort things out in that time?

Different situation at Blackburn, but there's no point getting imptaient and getting shot of Kean now, it would only make things worse. We've just got to hope we have enough points on the board now to be able to crawl over the 40-point line come May.

Ian Holloway - absolutely not. He wouldn't come anyway.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure who would come after Allardyce was marched into the courtyard and shot at dawn.

Liverpool fans want Hodgson out and some even want Benitez back in. This is a mere 6 months after Roy came in to pick up the pieces. How can he sort things out in that time?

Different situation at Blackburn, but there's no point getting imptaient and getting shot of Kean now, it would only make things worse. We've just got to hope we have enough points on the board now to be able to crawl over the 40-point line come May.

Indeed and to misquote Tony Parkes that'd give us time to look for a 'proper manager'.

Archived