BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

Are the continued insults to anyone whose opinion differs from your own really needed Jim?

You're such a cock.

Both correct.

But then we all know Jim's a Sam Allardyce fan first, Rovers fan second. And he's not the only one on here.

Perhaps when Sam takes over Fulham or West Ham he can do us all a favour and take his bitter, childish, bile-infused ramblings onto THEIR messageboards. In the meantime I think most would prefer it if he just sat in silence crying quietly with his framed photos of Gordon Brown and Sam Allardyce and whimpering to himself at the injustice of it all, rather than coming on here and insulting anyone who has the temerity to disagree with him by calling them names like a 5-year-old instead of coming up with a reasoned argument like an adult.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But then we all know Jim's a Sam Allardyce fan first, Rovers fan second. And he's not the only one on here.

We all know Jim's a Sam fan first - please explain that one, taking into consideration that he's supported Rovers for much longer than you have?

Also, who are the others?

We all know Jim's a Sam fan first - please explain that one, taking into consideration that he's supported Rovers for much longer than you have?

Also, who are the others?

He just can't wait for us to be relegated then he can say 'I told you so' about Allardyce's sacking. Certainly that's the impression he gives in his posts. In fact I bet he's got a list of names and a post drafted already.

He just can't wait for us to be relegated then he can say 'I told you so' about Allardyce's sacking. Certainly that's the impression he gives in his posts. In fact I bet he's got a list of names and a post drafted already.

Jim is a Jim fan before anything else - any chance he gets to get one up, insult or antagonize he takes it. The club has changed many times in many ways, but he has always found a way to shitstir. He's in to himself first, everything else second.

Sorry Glenn, you're quite right. Unfortunately I see Jim as an antagonistic, cowardly bully who contributes nothing but ill feeling on here. I find it very hard to ignore stuff like that - especially when it appears no one else is doing anything about it.

Who an earth is a Sam fan first, rovers fan second? Completely non-sensical statement.

I was a firm supporter of Allardyce and remain so, relegation would be armageddon for Rovers and for me Sam was the best bet to counter that. I would say jimk2, tony gales mic and others would say the same.

:glare:

Hmmm, just a dig at Jim then. I didn't think there was any reasoning behind it.

Really? Feel free to share the basis of why. Personally I can't over the pungency of his appointment process, particulary in relation to Kevin Mcdonald. He was far from in the dark and is probably the only man at the club who knows the real reasons why such a stupid decision was made. I'd also love to know how he managed to impress a woman thousands of miles away who barely had the time to talk to the incumbant manager.

What a shocking post. The OP says she thinks Steve Kean comes across as honest which you question. Two sentences later you are stating as fact something that you have no evidence for at all (highlighted in red), like many of the other conspiracy theorists on here. By all means dislike the guy. By all means object to way Sam was despatched, but do not present things as facts that you have absolutely no way of knowing. Oh, and it would help your righteous indignation if you got the name of the bloke you are so upset about correct.

It was also heartwarming yesterday to see the players put to bed a few of the accusations that they weren't prepared to put a shift in for the new manager.

Actually, I don't know if they put in the shift for him or, more likely, for themselves. I could not understand why any player, no matter how personally upset over the timing and manner of Allardyce's dismissal, would want to perpetuate a view that they were in fact completely useless and only managed to play at this level because of Allardyce's tactics. If I was in Kean's shoes, this is the argument I would have put over: you need to show everyone you deserve to be at this level, because currently, they all think you are not good enough without Sam's gameplan to follow.

Also excellent to see EHD, the player most associated with Sam, very fired up.

Maybe footballers have a smattering of brains after all.

:glare:

Hmmm, just a dig at Jim then. I didn't think there was any reasoning behind it.

Try reading his posts, you might see what I'm getting at. And it's not just the content, it's the arrogance that winds most people on here up. The kind of person who posts "you're an idiot" - with no reasoned argument - to another poster just because they had the temerity to offer up an opinion that they don't agree with, is the kind of member this board can do without.

And T4E - I salute you sir.

Who an earth is a Sam fan first, rovers fan second? Completely non-sensical statement.

I was a firm supporter of Allardyce and remain so, relegation would be armageddon for Rovers and for me Sam was the best bet to counter that. I would say jimk2, tony gales mic and others would say the same.

But Sam's gone - get over it. He's nothing to do with Rovers anymore, and other than doing well to keep us up and beating Burnley twice he didn't achieve anything that we'll look back on fondly in 10 years time. An average manager, playing dire football, during a transitional period for the club.

Some posters just don't seem able to move on and give the impression that they'd rather see us relegated just to prove they were right about Allardyce's sacking.

Steve Kean is the manager now - whatever you feel about how or why he was appointed - so let's at least give him til the end of January and the transfer window before getting the knives out?

But Sam's gone - get over it. He's nothing to do with Rovers anymore, and other than doing well to keep us up and beating Burnley twice he didn't achieve anything that we'll look back on fondly in 10 years time. An average manager, playing dire football, during a transitional period for the club.

Some posters just don't seem able to move on and give the impression that they'd rather see us relegated just to prove they were right about Allardyce's sacking.

Steve Kean is the manager now - whatever you feel about how or why he was appointed - so let's at least give him til the end of January and the transfer window before getting the knives out?

well said that man

Mark.

This is pathetic. No Rovers fans want to see the club relegated.

I am very concerned about what is happening behind the scenes and what I understand and perceive as Blackburn Rovers de facto being run by an agent who has a reputation of making a lot of money for himself, getting his players and staff placed at good wages with good fees for himself and does not have a good reputation amongst club management and ownership to put it mildly.

The new ownership comes over to many people as confused, out-of-touch, meddling, glory seeking and now is being accused by fellow countrymen who are far better acquainted with sport as having been less than straightforward in their actions.

Thank goodness for the win and the halt to the bad headlines. We have to hope that Steve Kean is going to produce the goods with the players on the field but the circumstances of his appointment were at best bizarre and mostly murky. That and the West Ham and Stoke performances were an awfully bad start for him.

You had no time for Allardyce, fair enough but he did a much better job than you will admit.

I have no issue with Steve Kean, his success means our success, it is just a massive gamble that is unnecessary at this time of the season.

Do you actually believe that any poster on here wants to see us relegated? When we know that could result in us doing a Charlton and be finished as a top flight side for a very long time?

Can someone tell me what happened to Samba wanting out for the past year? Did he put in a written transfer request

Would you Den when your agent tells you that no one is currently interested? Others on this board have confirmed that Samba has been talking about leaving.

Lets see what happens if someone puts an offer in and we turn it down, will he put a transfer in then?

Can someone tell me what happened to Samba wanting out for the past year, did he put in a written transfer request?

Samba has been looking to get away since the start of this season. Even as we speak he has agent on the case.

His position has nothing to do with a mutiny.

It was a personal thing, turned into something more by an agent keen on publicising the situation and a reporter close to the former manager.

But turned into a mutiny by some with an agenda.

Would you Den when your agent tells you that no one is currently interested? Others on this board have confirmed that Samba has been talking about leaving.

Lets see what happens if someone puts an offer in and we turn it down, will he put a transfer in then?

Would I put in a written transfer request if I wanted to leave imy? Well yes because no-one can possibly know whether there would be a buyer.

The only "facts" that I've read [unless I've missed something] are that he's said if a big club come in for him, he would be interested. As would every other player at the club.

You had no time for Allardyce, fair enough but he did a much better job than you will admit.

I have no issue with Steve Kean, his success means our success, it is just a massive gamble that is unnecessary at this time of the season.

Do you actually believe that any poster on here wants to see us relegated? When we know that could result in us doing a Charlton and be finished as a top flight side for a very long time?

I agree the timing of Sam's sacking was awful, and to not have an experienced replacement lined up was plain daft imo. As much as I wasn't a fan of his, given the choice of keeping Sam until the end of the season then getting rid, or appointing Kean, I would have chosen the former purely because I think this kind of change is risky mid-season.

But, the decision has been made, Kean is the manager (at least until he makes a monumental balls-up or the end of the season), we can't do anything about it, and it's time to put Sam's era behind us - whatever you think of the sacking or however much people keep bitching and moaning about the injustice of it and making wild predictions about us going down, this is where we are and it's not changing.

I don't believe any poster genuinely wants to see us relegated, but you can bet your bottom dollar that should the unthinkable happen then there will be certain posters happy and itching to say "I told you so".

Potayto, Potahto, Tomayto, Tomahto. :rover:

You're like a stuck record..it's not about the formation per se it's about how it functions in practise. As someone else quite rightly pointed out Kalinic was far less isolated than he has been previously-the result?...2 goals.

Now do us all a favour and bugger off...

I agree the timing of Sam's sacking was awful, and to not have an experienced replacement lined up was plain daft imo. As much as I wasn't a fan of his, given the choice of keeping Sam until the end of the season then getting rid, or appointing Kean, I would have chosen the former purely because I think this kind of change is risky mid-season.

But, the decision has been made, Kean is the manager (at least until he makes a monumental balls-up or the end of the season), we can't do anything about it, and it's time to put Sam's era behind us - whatever you think of the sacking or however much people keep bitching and moaning about the injustice of it and making wild predictions about us going down, this is where we are and it's not changing.

I don't believe any poster genuinely wants to see us relegated, but you can bet your bottom dollar that should the unthinkable happen then there will be certain posters happy and itching to say "I told you so".

Quite right Mark..they'll be queueing round the block to say it too,barely able to contain their excitement.

Archived