BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool

It did look a bit like that but it's extremely unlikely.

Why go to the bother of scoring a stunning first goal only then to deliberately miss a penalty?

Still anything to deflect credit away from Steve Kean I suppose.

All managers do it, I think we looked so comfortable at 3-0 he was trying to rest players and allow the ones taken off an ovation.

Unless he was injured the replacement of the outstanding Olsson was a particularly strange one.

Olsson was taken off because Liverpool pushed up on him second half and gave us problems down the right hand side (our left) Hoilett then took advantage by switching with Mame Diouf and creating the third goal so EHD was brought on to help shore up our left hand side.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olsson was taken off because Liverpool pushed up on him second half and gave us problems down the right hand side (our left) Hoilett then took advantage by switching with Mame Diouf and creating the third goal so EHD was brought on to help shore up our left hand side.

Kean said on Talksport after game that Olsson felt his thigh strain a touch or something to that effect.

One or two certain members are a bit quiet today.......

Its hilarious.

Jim has probably realised that in the wake of our victory yesterday that Labour are in fact an awful party and he has been blinded by loyalty. Much in the same way he eulogised over Sam. Blind loyalty in the face of facts.

Fans are losing sight of exactly what Sam did for this club.

He kept us in the division

Gave us a top 10 finish

He is the reason that Ollsson, Givet, Diouf (x2), Hoilett, Benjani were all on the pitch.

Gerrard - decent club player..?? dont get carried away. He almost single handedly brought Liverpool back into the match yesterday. He's not world class but he's certainly one of the top midfielders in Europe.

Yes, but Sam isn't the Manager any more, Steve Kean is. I'm sure we are all well aware of what Sam did for the club (and are most grateful for it), but we are also aware of what Paul Ince did for the club, oh, and perhaps we should remind ourselves what Mr Dalglish did for the club ... There are always players left when a Manager moves on, it's what the new Manager does with them that counts surely.

How long do you want us to keep harping on about Sam? In a perverse sort of way, I enjoyed his tenure, but do you want us to keep wallowing in that or, shall we move on perhaps?

Yes, but Sam isn't the Manager any more, Steve Kean is. I'm sure we are all well aware of what Sam did for the club (and are most grateful for it), but we are also aware of what Paul Ince did for the club, oh, and perhaps we should remind ourselves what Mr Dalglish did for the club ... There are always players left when a Manager moves on, it's what the new Manager does with them that counts surely.

How long do you want us to keep harping on about Sam? In a perverse sort of way, I enjoyed his tenure, but do you want us to keep wallowing in that or, shall we move on perhaps?

Read what has been posted above. Iam not particularly saddened that Sam has left, but when I repeatedly read some of the rubbish after last night from some people who clearly are delighted to see the back of Sam, I think it does need mentioning how much Sam achieved here.

Its clearly not the same as Ince or Dalglish because Sam polarised opinion more than either of those two. Im not going to bang on about it, but when people repeatedly say that so and so player wouldnt have done this or that under Allardyce, or that there was no way we would have won that game under Sam, I just feel that its a tad ungrateful. Maybe Im in the minority.

brilliant result.

did anyone hear lawro last night on 5live after the game?

he said all rovers are good at 'is heading the ball away'.

ave that you donkey!!

To head the ball away, the ball must be in the air, suggests that all Liverpool did was hoof it :blink:

Was good to see the enthusiastic celebrations as a team last night after each goal.

Was good to see the vast majority of long balls to have direction. Much more like long passes. Not to the head of the player but into his body, and usually passed with an angle.

Was good to see that we didn't shut up shop after the first and continued to play football as often as possible, whilst able to still stay tight at the back.

It meant a lot to the players last night. It also meant a lot to the fans.

I'm still dreading for one bad performance and people to turn again. Give this a chance, please.

I haven't read any posts since before last night's game, so here goes with a few personal views on the game and a couple of other points:

Game: Last night was what football should be about. Exciting football, goals, taking on and beating the big boys. I thought Rovers as a team and as individuals were superb. I haven't enjoyed a game as much as that for a long time. On paper Liverpool were, man for man, better than us. On the park, we were man for man, better than them. The 3-0 lead could have been even more. We did come close though, to throwing it all away in the last 20 minutes and that would have been a real injustice. First time in a long time that I've wanted to watch MOTD. All in all, let's have more of that please.

Hoilett: I always thought he had something special about him. He's come on leaps and bounds this season. The way he set up the third goal was brilliant. There's still plenty of scope for improvement, but the lads doing great.

Samba: Easy this one. We should do everything we can to keep him at Ewood Park.

Benjani: Got a lot of stick and rightly so after his last game or two, but last night showed again to me, that when fit he's a real bonus to the squad. He's possibly our best forward.

Kean: Before the game I was thinking that our best chances were to play 5 at the back and try to hang in the game as long as possible, then hit Liverpool on the break. To Keans credit he saw it differently and went 4-4-2. On the night it worked brilliantly. Liverpool couldn't cope with the width we had. One minus for Kean - his substitutions were poor and could have cost us the three points. They were made too early and they were the wrong substitutions. If Gerard had scored that penalty we might not have won a game that we thoroughly deserved to win.

Liverpool: Just to temper all this just a little bit, that was without doubt the worst Liverpool side that's been around since I've been watching football. No heart, that's their problem. With the players available to them, they should be doing much better than that. Hodgson has to go.

Read what has been posted above. Iam not particularly saddened that Sam has left, but when I repeatedly read some of the rubbish after last night from some people who clearly are delighted to see the back of Sam, I think it does need mentioning how much Sam achieved here.

Its clearly not the same as Ince or Dalglish because Sam polarised opinion more than either of those two. Im not going to bang on about it, but when people repeatedly say that so and so player wouldnt have done this or that under Allardyce, or that there was no way we would have won that game under Sam, I just feel that its a tad ungrateful. Maybe Im in the minority.

I dont think you are in a minority, I agree.

I enjoyed staying in the division and I liked his personality. I just didn't like watching our games which unfortunately for Sam is quite a big part of being a football fan.

I agree. I'm actually looking forward to the next game and in all honesty I haven't done that for quite a while.

I don't think it's ungrateful, just observation.

Sam had his methods based on percentages and they were effective for him. He did a great job whilst he was here with what he had. However, I think it is fair to say things like; that under him here's no guarantee we'd have beaten West Ham. Look at our record; That we'd have still struggled away at Sunderland given the players out and that he would have approached the Liverpool game with the intention of keeping it tight, playing percentages which might have meant that one moment of quality from Gerrard last night would have proved to be our undoing.

I think it's fair to say all these things without being disrespectful to his record or what he's achieved. He had a clear system of targeting certain games more than others. Some of us would just prefer we try to get something from every game equally.

Still anything to deflect credit away from Steve Kean I suppose.

Simon I've noticed you haven't mentioned Benjani. Is that possibloy a case of you doing 'anything to deflect credit away from Benjani'? One swallow does not make a summer but you have been particularly scathing of him remember. ^_^

Simon I've noticed you haven't mentioned Benjani. Is that possibloy a case of you doing 'anything to deflect credit away from Benjani'? One swallow does not make a summer but you have been particularly scathing of him remember. ^_^

He did in fairness mention him and admitted he had been a big critic but that he played really well.

Fair play to yourself for coming on and telling it as you saw it after being one of Kean's biggest critics. It's a shame Philip and Jim couldn't do the same given how many times they have posted in the last few days. No problem with people stating views but if you can only state negative ones and not post positive when deserved it's a poor show indeed.

Great night of football, don't care if Liverpool are crap beating them is rare and to stuff them off the park was the most fun I've had without drugs in ages.

165746_10150152599840898_594900897_8213223_712516_n.jpg

As for the away supporters, Liverpool have a great reputation for being amongst the best. Well the usual 7000 never showed up, and once they went behind were pretty quiet for the remainder of the game.

167054_10150152602865898_594900897_8213317_7008340_n.jpg

Game: Last night was what football should be about. Exciting football, goals, taking on and beating the big boys. I thought Rovers as a team and as individuals were superb. I haven't enjoyed a game as much as that for a long time. On paper Liverpool were, man for man, better than us. On the park, we were man for man, better than them. The 3-0 lead could have been even more. We did come close though, to throwing it all away in the last 20 minutes and that would have been a real injustice. First time in a long time that I've wanted to watch MOTD. All in all, let's have more of that please.

Couldn't agree more, I think the last 20 minutes was more down to tiredness than anything else, and lets not forget we had a numbers of players out.

Its also encouraging to see passing and moving and not long hoofs into the channels at the earliest opportunity. Kean is trying to play a progressive passing style, its hard with no decent midfield players in the squad, but given time that will come.

100% better than football under Allardyce for me, and given more time we’ll improve further.

By the way its the worst Liverpool performance I've seen since we hammered them on Gally and Le Saux debut back in the early 90's, they don't want to play for the manager, thats clear.

What a fantastic night of football - I'm still a little shell shocked as much by the approach to the game than by the result. It seemed that everybody was pulling for the same cause and that a number of excellent indivdual performances lead to a fantastic team effort.

Steve Kean has to take credit for that - so well done from me whom, hand on heart was against the change in management, but largely due to the timing of the change. SK has now produced two great victories with a squad that is down to the bones - he just might have that bit of magic - time will tell.

The players as a group also have to take credit, they obviously had pulled together and decided that they had to give a reet go, yes even the want away skipper. This is what was different between BRFC and LFC last night - our players had an inbuilt desire, whereas there mob were spineless and passionless.

I watched the highlights on Football First this morning and was delighted with how we played. We rarely beat Liverpool, so to stuff them is extra special. I thought that Olsson, Hoillet and Diouf had very good games. They bring real pace to the side which is something we have been missing for so long. Benjani took his goals brilliantly and was handful for the whole game. We created a lot of good chances from open play which we didn't take, but was nice to see. Liverpool were dreadful, but certainly had their chances to score. More of the same please boys.

Archived