BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End Singing Section

What song was being sung last night that sounded like it was Slade's 'Come Feel the Noise'? And what's this about Savage Garden?

Heard this last night as well. If Im honest I like it, would be great if it caught on...

However please stay away from Savage Garden :tu:

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i for 1 dont think a drum is needed. If we all congreagate at the back i feel this will bring out the better atmosphere.

Sing your hearts out for the lads !!

ALSO why the f**k was people chanting theo everytime lennon got the ball. We are blackburn rovers not bloody arsenal. He is a sh*t junior hoillet not theo walcott.

Don't know whether you felt the wind last night I think that didnt help the situation with the noise or the flags, thought the drum helped with the chants that seem to go 100 mph too fast, well it did down at the front that is. I know this is never going to happen here but I can now see the reason for the megaphones. I recently went to watch Real Madrid right in with the ultras and they have the megaphone linked to the pa system, mental eh. Just a note I am in no way suggesting we do this before some people refuse to ever attend matches ever again.

A quick few points from myself...

I usually sit midway up the stand & like to bang 10 bells out the perspex windows while we sing (I was late in the stand last night so lost my spot)

One thing i did notice was that there was a definite delay between the bottom half & top half, At times the bottom were singing the second line to a tune as the top half were still on the first line. This would be overcome with the drum being higher placed in the stand (Club permitting). I can fully understand the Radio Station has an issue with it being placed higher in the stand though. On my way home i tuned into Radio Rovers in the car and the presenter was full of praise for what we do but asked for people to stop banging on the hoarding below the window as it bleeds over the mikes in the comms box.

I heard the drum only 2 or 3 times throughout the game and feel its not a problem of getting new sticks, Its the type of sticks the drummer is using. Usually for Tribal rhythms, drummers use a soft headed beater (apologies if these were actually used) Another factor of drumming is 'resonance'. Using an old drum head (skin) thats badly tuned will sound no louder than a wet fart in the seat behind you.

A dedicated website with lyrics & videos would be superb, It would help newcomers get to know the songs & join in with confidence.

-DL

PS : Love the flags, Good work by those involved.

Stupid and childish and gives no credability to what is trying to be created in the DE, and gives people who want to beat us an even bigger stick! :rover:

Ah any idea what it goes like (out of curiosity?)

Not been to the last few home games due to university, although not sure why we're giving that mug the time of day. I once read some of his book, and the man is a tool.

It's something like

Andy Porter's got 10 more years

(Andy Porter's got 10 more years)

Now he's getting b*mmed by queers

(Now he's getting b*mmed by queers)

10 years without parole

(10 years without parole)

Now he's got a sore a*sehole

(Now he's got a sore a*sehole)

Der der der der der der derrrrrrrrrrrr

This is the tune, I think it's brilliant but that's me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhf9U5Wf3Q

Me and my song production partner are in the process of making a clean version that's more Rovers related ;) for example

Paul Robinson our number 1

(Paul Robinson our number 1)

Too good for England and Tottenham

(Too good for England and Tottenham)

Anything fits to this song, it will be a classic!

It's something like

10 years without parole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhf9U5Wf3Q

Me and my song production partner are in the process of making a clean version that's more Rovers related ;) for example

Paul Robinson our number 1

(Paul Robinson our number 1)

Too good for England and Tottenham

(Too good for England and Tottenham)

Anything fits to this song, it will be a classic!

Ah so it's a copy/re-write of the United song for that Liverpool fan

I really don't know where you get this self importance / arrogance thing from just because a group of people want to try something new.

well let's see, on the blue brigade facebook page, a very active member of the blue brigade (RIML) yet again makes a dig at other stands!

on the video of Mrs Desai arriving at the stadium, somebody can clearly be heard shouting "get out of our club" now i am sure we can all agree he is a moron?

however for RIML to feel the need to comment saying she bets he is from the Blackburn end suggest just because he is an idiot, he would fit in at the Blackburn end.

this is the type of attitude and example that occurs regulary.

Let me also point out that it was not the Blackburn end that was protesting prematurely and staying behind after a game shouting "jump around if you hate venkys" and "get out of our club" that my friends, was the Darwen end i recall

I didn't hear the andy porter one being sung with those words ....

If it's the same one I'm thinking of anyway it was.....

We are the Blackburn boys

The pride of Lancashire

All day and night

Were blue and white

Dur Dur Durdur etc

• Backroom

It's something like

10 years without parole

Ah but you are a self confessed chav :P

I think I may join the DE next season if there's room, not the blue brigade as I'll probably sit a bit more central, last night soured the BBE for me as melodramatic as that may sound

well let's see, on the blue brigade facebook page, a very active member of the blue brigade (RIML) yet again makes a dig at other stands!

on the video of Mrs Desai arriving at the stadium, somebody can clearly be heard shouting "get out of out club" now i am sure we can all agree he is a moron?

however for RIML to feel the need to comment saying she bets he is from the Blackburn end suggest just because he is an idiot, he would fit in at the Blackburn end.

this is the type of attitude and example that occurs regulary.

Let me also point out that it was not the Blackburn end that was protesting prematurely and staying behind after a game shouting "jump around if you hate venkys" and "get out of our club" that my friends, was the Darwen end i recall

Sadly idiots are in every stand, I sat in the JW upper last night with my dad, we arrived a bit late and I was just leaving the toilet after Mrs Desai's brief message I heard one lad say to the other 'What was going on' to which he replied 'Just that P*ki woman saying something'

I didn't hear the andy porter one being sung with those words ....

If it's the same one I'm thinking of anyway it was.....

We are the Blackburn boys

The pride of Lancashire

All day and night

Were blue and white

Dur Dur Durdur etc

That's the one - love it!

Very catchy

Hows about a chant for Super Keith from the DE ? The one thing that has stood out - the DE gets behind the team - good or bad. I think Super Keith could do with a bit of encouragement. He isn't my favourite player - but always gives 100% for the blue & whites - so it is about time we showed our appreciation - if only for the effort (if not the skill) he puts in.

Come on DE - you know it makes sense :rover:

RIML epitomises everything wrong with the Darwen End.

People on this message board really love to have digs at each other don't they.... nobody can ever agree, it's always 'i'm right and your wrong', 'Darwen End is a bad thing', 'RIML epitomises everything wrong with the Darwen End' bla bla. How about stop criticising each other and get on with supporting the team. If you don't like what they are doing then don't comment simple as that.

As for you OssyDave instead of criticising others, how about you actually contribute to what the Darwen End is doing instead of being so negative towards it? Many fans and opposing fans have credited what has been done as the atmosphere has improved greatly... Rather than throwing insults, how about you offer some constructive criticism????

As for last night the Darwen End lads were top, it's getting better and better each game, just need to get everybody singing in unison and they've cracked it!

As for last night the Darwen End lads were top, it's getting better and better each game, just need to get everybody singing in unison and they've cracked it!

Full credit to the Darwen end blue brigade last night, there seemed to be continous vocal support from that section of the ground which also seemed to mute the Spurs fans. If, the Blue brigade can continue to do this then the atmosphere at Ewood is sure to have a positive effect on the team.

Keep it up lads and lasses ! :brfc: from a riversider.

Archived