BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sustained Attempt to Undermine the Club?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul, I have little doubt you posted the thread about the new mortgage with a view to it being another means by which everyone could criticise the new owners, but I have absolutely no problem with you doing that because the information is genuine and concrete and being brought out into the open. In fact I applaud it. Quite the opposite of the "I know something you don't know and it's incredibly bad but I can't tell anyone what it is" routine.

To be truthful Revidge you're mistaken, though I can appreciate why you would draw the conclusion. I happily admit to having a motivation but it wasn't to create another opportunity for people to criticise the owners. My reason was two-fold, firstly I was, and remain, very disappointed by the departure of John Williams and second I'm unhappy with the criticism being levelled at a few posters, in particular Philip, who are looking to pass on information or "inside knowledge." It was JW's departure which stimulated me to start the thread although I'd had the information for perhaps two weeks and had sat on it.

When JW left I felt we were in the position where two of the senior management Venky's had stated would be safe at the club had either been dismissed or, IMO, forced out. As Venky's made a clear statement to the contrary when buying the club this raised serious questions for me. Knowing, and reading, the reaction towards those claiming this was evidence against the Raos I wanted to provide something other than "psst I heard this". On the Friday I contacted Glenn, told him what I had, explaining I didn't want to create an issue for the MB. I sent the full details to Glenn. I also said I would wait till the following Sunday evening before posting. I was away that weekend, returned to see more flaming and this decided me to post the thread. People were asking for evidence, I tried to provide something.

I consider this new loan facility raises further questions regarding the future funding of the club. It also confirmed for me several weeks of rumours I had heard to the effect cashflow management left much to be desired (you'll note that I have never posted any rumour to this effect). The dismissal of Sam, the resignation of JW and this mortgage are actually the only concrete things to discuss. Unfortunately two are negative and one open to interpretation.

As for your thread goes I thought it was debated in quite some detail at the time. I must confess I've absolutely no idea whether the existence of the new mortgage is either incredibly sinister or entirely innocent or somewhere inbetween.

I agree. The big question for me is this appears to have never been necessary before so why is it required now? Perhaps it's just cashflow, I hope so. Perhaps it confirms the thoughts some have that Venky's do not have sufficient funds to invest in the club? We simply don't know and it can be spun in all directions, something I tried to avoid doing.

Genuine question: Have you attempted to contact Tom Finn or anyone else at the Club for a simple explanation as to WHY the new charge has been taken out?

Not yet and if I did I suspect I would not be able to publish the response here. By which I mean I'd expect Tom to consider it a private correspondence.

To be truthful Revidge you're mistaken, though I can appreciate why you would draw the conclusion. I happily admit to having a motivation but it wasn't to create another opportunity for people to criticise the owners. My reason was two-fold, firstly I was, and remain, very disappointed by the departure of John Williams and second I'm unhappy with the criticism being levelled at a few posters, in particular Philip, who are looking to pass on information or "inside knowledge." It was JW's departure which stimulated me to start the thread although I'd had the information for perhaps two weeks and had sat on it.

When JW left I felt we were in the position where two of the senior management Venky's had stated would be safe at the club had either been dismissed or, IMO, forced out. As Venky's made a clear statement to the contrary when buying the club this raised serious questions for me. Knowing, and reading, the reaction towards those claiming this was evidence against the Raos I wanted to provide something other than "psst I heard this". On the Friday I contacted Glenn, told him what I had, explaining I didn't want to create an issue for the MB. I sent the full details to Glenn. I also said I would wait till the following Sunday evening before posting. I was away that weekend, returned to see more flaming and this decided me to post the thread. People were asking for evidence, I tried to provide something.

I consider this new loan facility raises further questions regarding the future funding of the club. It also confirmed for me several weeks of rumours I had heard to the effect cashflow management left much to be desired (you'll note that I have never posted any rumour to this effect). The dismissal of Sam, the resignation of JW and this mortgage are actually the only concrete things to discuss. Unfortunately two are negative and one open to interpretation.

I agree. The big question for me is this appears to have never been necessary before so why is it required now? Perhaps it's just cashflow, I hope so. Perhaps it confirms the thoughts some have that Venky's do not have sufficient funds to invest in the club? We simply don't know and it can be spun in all directions, something I tried to avoid doing.

Not yet and if I did I suspect I would not be able to publish the response here. By which I mean I'd expect Tom to consider it a private correspondence.

Excellent question and answer guys. Raised and answered politely and thoroughly. Concerns expressed certainly sum up my concerns. Keep up the focussed posts. Regards,

the fans, undermining the club? give me a break, if that was the case, then the fans would be outside Ewood protesting in numbers. Not attending matches, burning effegies(sp) of the Rao's etc. Just because the club is in a transitional period, and there are problems, doesnt mean anybody is undermining the club.

for years the club has been run smoothly, with the occasional hiccup, and now that there is more than the occasional hiccup, we jump into suicide mode. I have to admit, and to be fair, im not happy with things either, but you have to take the good with the bad

This I appreciate. Things change. We've had the same debate about Nicko and most people accept that he shouldn't be lynched if he gets one thing wrong. What he does have is a reliable track record of genuine information that can/has been verified at a later date. Moreover, he puts his name to it in a national newspaper adding professional integrity into the mix.

On the other hand, we have several posters here alluding to "information" seemingly emanating from one, possibly more, sources connected with the club most of which has not been translated into actual things happening. There has been no mass player exodus, Maradona isn't here, we haven't signed Geovani, Boyd or Warnock, we did, as it turns out, invest more a sizable sum in the squad in Januray, Jerome Anderson has not shipped in a lot of mediocre SEM talent and done a runner with a big wad of cash.

There are only so many times you can write off such things as "things change!". I can currently count a lot more misses than hits. Perhaps in my inebriated state I'm forgetful.

This is the entire point I'm making. Exactly what does you telling us there are "two hard facts" that you cannot disclose achieve? Especially if they are of "hopefully not going to be of any particular consequence".

It is either in the interests of the club and it's supporters that we can discuss those facts, however polarising that discussion might be. Or it isn't. In which case, why mention it?

If there was a prize for the most sensible and rational post in this largely completely nonsensical thread, then yours would win hands-down Deftangel.

Oh hang it! I can't be bothered reading any more of this nonsense. 'Nuff said!

Looks like the infamous 'Ewood Mole' is still alive and kicking!.Cant stand the 'I've been told from a source close to the club' brigade.Some may be genuine with their info but if you claim you cant post what you know on here then why bother?

SAY NO TO BRFCS 5TH COLUMNISTS!!

(There's another one for the T-shirts Glenn) :rover:

philipl, on 17 February 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

We have no Chairman and who do you think was running the club from the moment Mrs Desai told John Williams "to toe the line"?

quote name='RevidgeBlue' timestamp='1298249207' post='1029494']

Mrs. Desai.

Only to be expected, being her club after all

How dare she.

It seems to me that democracy is dead, the word lives on as a paradigm for complaining with the abject inability to do anything.

Words are now the ammunition of change and revolt and they are duds and denial is armour that everyone is issued with at birth.

I would not ever seriously think of attending and BRFCS "do" in person. Many on here come across as argumentative up their own ... people, that I could not bare to be in the company of without getting bored and letting my eye roam to the nearest semi attractive female.

I contribute little, and have over the takeover saga stopped viewing this forum. Once a great place to find enthusiastic, positive, passionate supporters. Alas no more.

I'll keep my head down, and visit once a while. When Saturday Comes......BRFC.

I would not ever seriously think of attending and BRFCS "do" in person. Many on here come across as argumentative up their own ... people, that I could not bare to be in the company of without getting bored and letting my eye roam to the nearest semi attractive female.

I contribute little, and have over the takeover saga stopped viewing this forum. Once a great place to find enthusiastic, positive, passionate supporters. Alas no more.

I'll keep my head down, and visit once a while. When Saturday Comes......BRFC.

You're just reading the wrong threads are we have something we're launching soon that may be right up your street. ;)

I gave up reading this topic when I saw someone use a Dave Whelan quote. More sense comes out of a cows backside and he's the reason we now all have to run the gauntlet of speeding traffic at junctions now there are no matchday police controls on lights and crossings

The amount of rumour and misinformation where I work is unreal. Only the most naive wold take it at face value and without a bucketful of salt. And herein lies the problem

Archived