BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

Gotta say the booing of Andrew's makes me laugh, don't know why... it's just comical. It also gets worse each game although I have never done it myself.

His contribution of pointing and running aimlessly whilst not getting involved in the game most of the time might have something to do with it!

I just don't understand what the last 3 managers have seen in him... he certainly hasn't attracted any interest from elsewhere either!

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say the booing of Andrew's makes me laugh, don't know why... it's just comical. It also gets worse each game although I have never done it myself.

His contribution of pointing and running aimlessly whilst not getting involved in the game most of the time might have something to do with it!

I just don't understand what the last 3 managers have seen in him... he certainly hasn't attracted any interest from elsewhere either!

Fulham bid 2m iirc.

Sam rejected it

But, for all the comments, no one ever posts where his abilities lie?

I can accept constructive and reasonable comments but that he gets selected is not an answer, he wasnt rated at Wolves or at Hull and couldnt hack it, please, I am open to proper suggestions, tell me the part of his game which impresses you, passing, heading, tackling, pace ?????

Ducking the question again. I'm not saying he has any of those things, I'm asking someone who reminds us on a regular basis that he is 'in the game' to comment on why professional managers have picked him 90 times at these levels, even if you don't agree with their reasons. Don't you know? I don't either but then I am a mere ignorant fan.

True, forgot that one. Ah well maybe Sam will take him to West Ham!

That would be very interesting if Sam showed any interest.

If he doesn't it kind of demonstrates that he was picked purely because there were so few midfield options.

Either that or, just as likely, he's vastly over-paid and wouldn't take a cut.

I really don't believe that £2m Fulham bid. Propaganda.

That would be very interesting if Sam showed any interest.

If he doesn't it kind of demonstrates that he was picked purely because there were so few midfield options.

Either that or, just as likely, he's vastly over-paid and wouldn't take a cut.

I really don't believe that £2m Fulham bid. Propaganda.

The previous owners and Sam LIED to the fans?

Crikey

The previous owners and Sam LIED to the fans?

Crikey

It can't be true £2m would have been great business too good to turn down.

If they really did make a bid - and indications are the wasn't a formal bid - then it must have been a couple of smarties, a mix tape of songs by Leo Sayer and an old Panini World Cup '82 sticker of Trevor Francis.

Personally I'd still have bitten their hand off but hey.

It can't be true £2m would have been great business too good to turn down.

If they really did make a bid - and indications are the wasn't a formal bid - then it must have been a couple of smarties, a mix tape of songs by Leo Sayer and an old Panini World Cup '82 sticker of Trevor Francis.

Personally I'd still have bitten their hand off but hey.

They had me at the mix tape. "More Than I Can Say" never fails to make me weep like a little girl.

Ah Reb, just "when I need you..."

leo-sayer_11.Jpg

His eyes alone pierce my heart like a dagger of cerulean ice, his hair.... a concentric jumble of silken thorns.

His cover of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" will make Charles Manson break down and ask for his ma.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like the "swoop" comment in the Mail article. It makes it sound as if McClaren is swooping down much like a hawk for his prey, snatching it from the grasp of a hugry fox perhaps. The piece instills an almost urgent nature to the undertaking, with breathless anticipation.

When the truth is - he could chug down here in a 1900's steam powered farm tractor and Keith would still be here .... waiting.

Certainly makes a change to have a player that we don't have to worry about keeping! Then again, these days we have a fair few players I'm not too fussed about leaving!

Anyway I think I have figured out why Keith gets picked by all these 'experienced managers':

complete-idiots-guide-hypnosis-2nd-edition-roberta-temes-paperback-cover-art.jpg

He uses that pointy figure of his to send them into a trace, if only he could do it on the opposition players, maybe that it was he is trying to do with his inane pointing every time he plays?!

Certainly makes a change to have a player that we don't have to worry about keeping! Then again, these days we have a fair few players I'm not too fussed about leaving!

Anyway I think I have figured out why Keith gets picked by all these 'experienced managers':

complete-idiots-guide-hypnosis-2nd-edition-roberta-temes-paperback-cover-art.jpg

He uses that pointy figure of his to send them into a trace, if only he could do it on the opposition players, maybe that it was he is trying to do with his inane pointing every time he plays?!

If "inane pointing" isn't a decent reason for the shameless and self defeating moronic behaviour of our fans then I don't know what is!

Yet another insane manager it would appear as well who thinks Keith can actually play. It's nuts isn't it - how can't these managers not see what's completely obvious to you people. It's the biggest mystery in football (that's if we assume the obvious answer is wrong of course - which is you are all just daft fans who's knowledge of the game is superficial at best).

It's an enigma!

If "inane pointing" isn't a decent reason for the shameless and self defeating moronic behaviour of our fans then I don't know what is!

Yet another insane manager it would appear as well who thinks Keith can actually play. It's nuts isn't it - how can't these managers not see what's completely obvious to you people. It's the biggest mystery in football (that's if we assume the obvious answer is wrong of course - which is you are all just daft fans who's knowledge of the game is superficial at best).

It's an enigma!

:tu: :tu: :tu: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an enigma!

Ade Akinbiyi went through some managers, as well.

Even demanded £5.5m at one point.

He was surely class.

It's an enigma!

Maybe it's the view from the dugout?

Or more likely it's the modern manager's reliance on stats such as ground covered and number of passes regardless of direction or accuracy.

I prefer my midfielders to tackle, make decent (game affecting) passes and hit the target once in a while but that's just me.

Maybe I'm missing the point.

If I was to say something positive about Andrews it's that he'll probably make a very good coach one day. He's clearly a thinker who works hard. But in all seriousness I think he knows in his head what needs to happen, he just can't make it happen. To recall an old phrase, without wishing to offend Mrs Gumboots and BPF, et al, "Them as can, do. Them as can't, Keith".

It's an enigma!

Absolutely agree. Rovers supporters down the years have always targeted players for unwarrented abuse and it seems Keith Andrews is the latest example of that disgraceful behaviour. Alot of top-class managers have picked Andrews on a consistent basis and it is disappointing that Steve Kean - who hasn't put a foot wrong otherwise since he took over at Ewood - has chosen not pick Keith. It will be a sad day when he leaves the club - forced out by fans who think they know better than the professionals.

Absolutely agree. Rovers supporters down the years have always targeted players for unwarrented abuse and it seems Keith Andrews is the latest example of that disgraceful behaviour. Alot of top-class managers have picked Andrews on a consistent basis and it is disappointing that Steve Kean - who hasn't put a foot wrong otherwise since he took over at Ewood - has chosen not pick Keith. It will be a sad day when he leaves the club - forced out by fans who think they know better than the professionals.

Nice one Doris. :)

Nice one Doris. :)

Thank you Don for remembering my dear departed sister. Rovers supporters who wish to see Keith Andrews sold should also remember that in the current inflated transfer market Keith's skills will be very difficult to replace at a reasonable cost. It is not every player that has the ability to spray accurate 50-yard passes, play neat triangles, score goals from midfield and make match-saving tackles while bossing the midfield and Keith has given a perfect demonstration of those arts during his time at Ewood - at around £2m Forest would be getting a gem of player at a snip of price. There does not appear to be any further news of the proposed transfer in today's papers so one would hope that Mr Kean has seen sense and decided to retain Keith on an improved 5-year contract.

Archived