BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

Unfortunately Keith's connection with Paul Ince is the thing that haunts him and the fans. Time those fans who are giving him abuse gave it a rest though. Whatever his faults he does give 100 per cent and you can't ask more than that of him.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately Keith's connection with Paul Ince is the thing that haunts him and the fans. Time those fans who are giving him abuse gave it a rest though. Whatever his faults he does give 100 per cent and you can't ask more than that of him.

Agree. Genuinely nice bloke and always gives it 100%. Can think of plenty of passengers we have had on big money over the last few years, RSC last season say no more. He actually looks okay at RB.

Unfortunately Keith's connection with Paul Ince is the thing that haunts him and the fans.

No it isn't.

Time those fans who are giving him abuse gave it a rest though.

We haven't even warmed up yet.

Whatever his faults he does give 100 per cent and you can't ask more than that of him.en when I come off the pitch.

Pick me then, I'll try so hard I will need oxygen when I come off the pitch.

Jonnolad I admire your persistence. We have a guy who regularly plays a blinder against top quality international opposition - yet his club fans fall over themselves to insist he is the worst player they have ever seen wearing the famous blue and white. There is something seriously amiss there!

If we are not seeing the same quality of performance down at Ewood - why is that? Maybe it does have something to do with the hostility hurled at him as soon as he steps on to the pitch? Seems logical to me; who can give their best in that sort of environment?

What makes me laugh about "the Keith Andrews debate" is the fickle fans. Mainly on the messageboards.

There are about 25% who have decided, having watched him play, that he isn't good enough for a PL side who's aim is top 10 or better. Another 25% who have decided, very admirably, that as long as he wears the Blue and White he should be defended against all critics.

Then there is the other 50% who lurch from yay to nay depending on whether he scores "a screamer" (which his goal was not) or makes one decent pass or looks like he tries a bit, or whether he spends the game racking up OPTA stats making backwards/sideways shirt passes to someone who can play a bit, or running around tackle-less-ly shadowing players 4 yards away from him like his wrists are attached by a shoelace wrapped round his neck.

On balance he's probably on a par with Emerton and Peds (on a bad day) but they both have more experience and previous quality that has been there for all to see. Whereas Keith has never had that and is a constant reminder to one of the biggest errors in Rovers recent history, and his naming on a starting sheet is an immediate downer for fans pitchside (usually exacerbated when Roberts is named alongside him).

I do find it strange that despite Keith's "qualities" on display for Ireland he is never linked with other clubs - not even in the Championship. He must either be on a huge wage which other clubs can't match or he simply isn't rated. Or maybe his qualities are the biggest secret in football. I look forward to Nicko making the scoop.

As you were.

What makes me laugh about "the Keith Andrews debate" is the fickle fans. Mainly on the messageboards.

There are about 25% who have decided, having watched him play, that he isn't good enough for a PL side who's aim is top 10 or better. Another 25% who have decided, very admirably, that as long as he wears the Blue and White he should be defended against all critics.

Then there is the other 50% who lurch from yay to nay depending on whether he scores "a screamer" (which his goal was not) or makes one decent pass or looks like he tries a bit, or whether he spends the game racking up OPTA stats making backwards/sideways shirt passes to someone who can play a bit, or running around tackle-less-ly shadowing players 4 yards away from him like his wrists are attached by a shoelace wrapped round his neck.

On balance he's probably on a par with Emerton and Peds (on a bad day) but they both have more experience and previous quality that has been there for all to see. Whereas Keith has never had that and is a constant reminder to one of the biggest errors in Rovers recent history, and his naming on a starting sheet is an immediate downer for fans pitchside (usually exacerbated when Roberts is named alongside him).

I do find it strange that despite Keith's "qualities" on display for Ireland he is never linked with other clubs - not even in the Championship. He must either be on a huge wage which other clubs can't match or he simply isn't rated. Or maybe his qualities are the biggest secret in football. I look forward to Nicko making the scoop.

As you were.

Fulham once bid 2M for him didn't they? Tragically we turned them down.

• Moderation Lead

Thing is, he's a poor footballer. A lot of people want to believe he's awesome because of the detractors. I like to think I have a reasonable viewpoint on the matter, but the hard fact of the matter is, he's a poor footballer regardless of the rights or wrongs of the reaction of the crowd.

He's not the only member of the squad who under-performs consistently (step forward Morten Gamst Pedersen), but as I said he just isn't very good in terms of ability.

I just dont get this 'always gives 100%' horseshit. Whenever he is on the pitch he doesnt work hard, just points and lets the game breeze by him.

And all this stuff about his performances for the ROI, lets sign David Healy then aswell. We need a 20 goal striker and he scores pretty my 1 in 2. :rock: When he was linked with a move to wednesday a lad at work shook his head in dismay, i think its not only rovers fans who dont rate him.

Indeed, especially when set against the many offers we have had to fight off each window for Emerton and Pedersen...

Indeed, especially when set against the many offers we have had to fight off each window for Emerton and Pedersen...

But we have had offers for Pederson in other windows, here we have one of our lowest earners, warming the bench mostly and no club comes in for an established international footballer?

But we have had offers for Pederson in other windows, here we have one of our lowest earners, warming the bench mostly and no club comes in for an established international footballer?

Would that be the same Pedersen who was out of contract and available all summer for nothing?

Many would consider having an established international who cost low wages and was happy to fill in when/where required a good thing in a 25 man squad. Unless of course they resented the bloke having been given a chance he perhaps hadn't earned the hards way.

Would that be the same Pedersen who was out of contract and available all summer for nothing?

Many would consider having an established international who cost low wages and was happy to fill in when/where required a good thing in a 25 man squad. Unless of course they resented the bloke having been given a chance he perhaps hadn't earned the hards way.

The very same Pederson once courted by both Man U and Spurs.

The best 2 games I've seen the lad play were against Italy and France. Strange maybe, but true! The boo boys and girls don't help him or us one bit!!

For all the Keith doubters, if, he has played well in these two games, then are we not entitled to ask, how crap are they, knowing full well the limitations of Keef.

For all the Keith doubters, if, he has played well in these two games, then are we not entitled to ask, how crap are they, knowing full well the limitations of Keef.

I only saw the Italy game, he had a very good game, great strike, got stuck in all over the pitch, was probably their best player, weel done Mr Andrews (Cracking goal)

I only saw the Italy game, he had a very good game, great strike, got stuck in all over the pitch, was probably their best player, weel done Mr Andrews (Cracking goal)

Lets hope it raises his selling fee.

I just dont get this 'always gives 100%' horseshit. Whenever he is on the pitch he doesnt work hard, just points and lets the game breeze by him.

All in your head of course. When the manager watches the game back how do you think he misses those obvious things you see? Do you think Keith is always actually where the manager asks him to be, or do you reckon he's just mindlessly wandering all over thinking about his tea?

When watching a football match, most people watch the ball, i.e. where the action is; if you watch a single player, any player, away from the action, they all let the "game breeze by" them. Watch any player all match, like you watch Keith, and you'll see that's the case.

If it's not then why the blinking flip do all these managers keep on picking him if he is doing the opposite of what they are telling him to? It just doesn't make any sense according to your viewpoint. Is Keith giving them all a reach round on the way to the match or something or is he not actually letting the game breeze past him?

Answers on a postcard.

• Moderation Lead

All in your head of course. When the manager watches the game back how do you think he misses those obvious things you see? Do you think Keith is always actually where the manager asks him to be, or do you reckon he's just mindlessly wandering all over thinking about his tea?

When watching a football match, most people watch the ball, i.e. where the action is; if you watch a single player, any player, away from the action, they all let the "game breeze by" them. Watch any player all match, like you watch Keith, and you'll see that's the case.

If it's not then why the blinking flip do all these managers keep on picking him if he is doing the opposite of what they are telling him to? It just doesn't make any sense according to your viewpoint. Is Keith giving them all a reach round on the way to the match or something or is he not actually letting the game breeze past him?

Answers on a postcard.

When's the civil ceremony Jonno? :lol:

Answers on a postcard.

It's really simple for me. When he plays for Rovers, he's terrible. End of.

Some people are really overthinking this.

Archived