BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your question OOJW is really an enigma.

I have no idea why Ince, who I might add IMO is a complete buffoon as a premiership manager, decided that KA was fot enough to play in the Premier League.

As for SAM ? Well I can only guess we were that shprt he had to play him.

Kean is in the same league as Ince, a buffoon on what he has shown us so far.

Trappatoni ? Well we all that The Rep Ireland have such a shortage of players and are a team who regularly trawl the lower leagues that he must have felt he had won the lottery by having an Ireland midfielder at a very good club.

I am still waiting for Andrews to bring to the game what he brings in training then. BTWE, in my profession I see many who are good in the classroom scenario but are totally useless at doing the job for real, I am certain you will have seen in in your walk of life.

Now I take you back to the game on Saturday. Charlie Adam has done the rounds in Scotland and then found himself in The Championship and then the top league. I watched him run around for 88 minutes or so, tackling, chasing, heading, scoring, shooting and passing. That is what a midfielder should be doing and in comparing him to Andrews, who you say is a good trainer by word of mouth of a buffoon of a manager and you see what I mean.

Adams versus Andrews is a nonety by comparison.

I will continue to read this thread with interest and read others observations. I cant wait to finally read one where there is evidence that he is a good honest premiership footballer with skill, nouse and a work ethic worthy of the title.

I do fear though that it is something that wont ever be written upon this board.

I see you have altered your original posting regarding his nationality. Problem is your point doesn't really work being as he is from ROI.

Hold on a minute, wasn't his original problem a groin injury and didn't he have an operation to sort it out? How come, then, he still has a 'groin' injury? Another one?

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

People should stop knocking Keith. We may need him next season in the championship!

Reminds me of somethign Bucky once said.

something along the lines of: "Don't worry about the prospect of Ince taking us down, as he would be the perfect man to bring us back up again."

Well he won't be around for the battle to stay up, according to Plunkett, he's out for the rest of the season.

Must have broke his finger. ;)

I find that a pointed remark.

Shame for the lad. I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone - to even Keith.

Just for the sake of debate - possibly a veriation on an old theme. But to those people who point out Trappatoni as a reason for his selection:

Would Andrews have played for Ireland, had he not been bought by and subsequently played for Blackburn Rovers?

Is there any truth in the rumour that Allardyce had Keef in his office before one game and said, 'Keith, its unfair to ask you to do this but I want you to do something you've never done before' Whats that boss asked Andrews?

Play well replied Sam! :lol:

• Backroom

It's very doubtful he would have played with P Jones coming back to fitness alongside J Jones

Good luck with the recovery Keith

Not long ago the pro Andrews brigade were saying that his biggest asset was that he was always fit. Well that's that one out of the way.

Get fit in time for the transfer window Keith. Best of luck.

I'm wondering if there is an actual injury or if it's:

1) getting him (and the fan negativity/poor performances that come with him) out of the firing line at a majorly critical time of the season, or

2) Andrews deciding that he's not playing for our club again.

May be a genuine injury, of course, but the above did cross my mind.

To be honest there has got to be a decent chance that this is just a decision between Kean and Keith to let things slide for the rest of the season.

Kean knows he can't play him, and may just have told Keith this and they decided that the best thing for both of them was to pretend he was injured.

Speculative but a possibility.

Archived