BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews

Since all our central defenders seem to be off maybe they'll be a role there for Keith next season. I think his best game in a Rovers game was at centre-back actually, can't remember the exact game but I think we won and kept a clean sheet.

He moved to centre back during a game when injuries meant we had no-one else. He wasn't there long but when he was, he was clueless. He'll never, ever make a centre half. Can't head it, can't tackle.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the troll above is saying - please dont quote him, he's been on ignore for ages. From what I remember he was Andrews brother or boyfriend. :P

Ah, the truth hurts sometimes doesn't it.

It doesn't make it any less true though :(

He moved to centre back during a game when injuries meant we had no-one else. He wasn't there long but when he was, he was clueless. He'll never, ever make a centre half. Can't head it, can't tackle.

Den you missed out the most important thing of all - his utter lack of positional sense.

With Ince a bad and fading memory and Andrews firmly relegated to a squad/back up player my ire towards the lad has dimmed. Sure he's useless, but he gives his all and is actually fit most of the time - unlike Grella (who should refund us at least half his wages.) Here's hoping though his performances earn him a move elsewhere and us a fee.

Den you missed out the most important thing of all - his utter lack of positional sense.

Total and utter.

Do you see him for Ireland he was flipping awful. Oh no he wasn't come to think of it, he was excellent. It's weird what a boost it can be to your confidence; not getting booed by your own fans.

You'd think we'd try it once in a while to see what effect it would have on his play. You'd think we'd try that, but unfortunately think is the operative word. Those who boo him don't actually think. At all. Ever.

These people amazing know more than every professional manager though it seems. Makes sense.

Total and utter.

Do you see him for Ireland he was flipping awful. Oh no he wasn't come to think of it, he was excellent. It's weird what a boost it can be to your confidence; not getting booed by your own fans.

You'd think we'd try it once in a while to see what effect it would have on his play. You'd think we'd try that, but unfortunately think is the operative word. Those who boo him don't actually think. At all. Ever.

These people amazing know more than every professional manager though it seems. Makes sense.

I didn't realise Andrews was old enough to have a teenage son. How else could your son, Keith, have been friends with Phil Jones for years?

Total and utter.

You are right but please don't tar us all with the same brush. Those who boo Keith are a small minority, as everyone who has any sense should realise.

Weird that isn't it Jim. Do you think he might play well for Ireland because he doesn't have a load of morons, who are supposedly his own fans, booing him?

I do - I personally think that might, just might, affect his play.

It's therefore a crying shame we have so many morons for fans isn't it, because these morons actually have a detrimental effect on our team, and therefore our club. Shame :(

He certainly does. He splits our fans into the morons and the non-morons. Unfortunately, as is always the case, the morons do the most shouting. They can't help themselves though, because they're stupid like that. Shame :(

Amen Jonno

Total and utter.

What is your obsession with this man?

What is your obsession with this man?

I don't think he's got an obsession.

He (Jonnolad) just seems to get wound up when people lay in to Andrews even when he's doin well and rightly so.

It is infuriating to see Rovers fans booing their own player; even before he's touched the ball. It's completely counter productive.

In all honesty; Andrews is not the best, but clearly isn't the worst.

Now to wait for hughsey's hilarious reply "are you actually Keith?" or the classic "you must be his boyfriend"

Genius.

He (Jonnolad) just seems to get wound up when people lay in to Andrews even when he's doin well and rightly so.

It is infuriating to see Rovers fans booing their own player; even before he's touched the ball. It's completely counter productive.

It's literally all he posts about. He's even tried linking it to Phil Jones's departure.

Why do people dislike Andrews the player? Because he was promoted well above his station, as Ince wanted a bum-chum in the dressing room. He's a mediocre, lower-league journeyman who isn't going to get any better and doesn't bring anything to the side. Whether a small minority boo him or not.

In all honesty; Andrews is not the best, but clearly isn't the worst.

Then who is?

• Moderation Lead

But Jonnolad and Super Arran, even before people booed- he was still poor? And the succession of poor performances led to booing? I'll never boo anyone who wears the blue and white, but when Andrews is selected I do often think- 'We must have a better option in the middle of the park than him'.

The abuse he gets is embarassing, however he is nowhere near good enough, are these poor performances because of the boos? No, are they buggery.

And his decent performances for Ireland?

I'm not saying it's the whole problem, but the boos are definitely not helping his performance.

/quote]

Oh yes he has. He must have posted hundreds of times on Andrews and booing last year. Now he's had a few months rest and decided to argue it all over again.

And his decent performances for Ireland?

I'm not saying it's the whole problem, but the boos are definitely not helping his performance.

You seriously think he's good enough for the PL SA? At a guess, you'll think he's good enough to be a squad member.

/quote]

Oh yes he has. He must have posted hundreds of times on Andrews and booing last year. Now he's had a few months rest and decided to argue it all over again.

Pot and kettle :D

You seriously think he's good enough for the PL SA? At a guess, you'll think he's good enough to be a squad member.

Andrews isn't good enough for the premiership, no question about that, but when the manager picks him he gives his all, and to boo him is both pathetic and a disgrace.

Do not think that the fans reaction in booing Julie is more acooment to the manager who puts him on the pitch rather than anything personally against the player ?

The guy is obvoisuly not a Pl player and the fans are trying to get through to our so called manager how ridiculous it is for him to put Julie on the pitch.

But Jonnolad and Super Arran, even before people booed- he was still poor? And the succession of poor performances led to booing? I'll never boo anyone who wears the blue and white, but when Andrews is selected I do often think- 'We must have a better option in the middle of the park than him'.

I like your look at reality but that doesn't make it true.

Have a look back at the original Keith Andrews thread. He was disliked, derided and abused before he'd even kicked a ball for us.

The abuse he gets is embarassing, however he is nowhere near good enough, are these poor performances because of the boos? No, are they buggery.

Your "theory" doesn't explain why he gives much better performances for the ROI when he isn't being booed by his own fans :wstu:

But he's easily good enough going on his performances for the ROI (when he's not being booed obviously).

It's a super duper mystery that and no mistaking; that's if it's nothing to do with the boos of course.

What shall look for to explain it if it isn't the boos? His horoscopes maybe?

Do not think that the fans reaction in booing Julie is more acooment to the manager who puts him on the pitch rather than anything personally against the player ?

The guy is obvoisuly not a Pl player and the fans are trying to get through to our so called manager how ridiculous it is for him to put Julie on the pitch.

It makes no odds. We are still by far the most stupid fans in the premier league by doing something so counter productive to the team's performance. No other fans do anything that daft, not to the same level we do. Nowhere near.

I must say, one of our players scoring a cracker against Italy being what generates another load of highly repetitive internet abuse is a bit odd in my experience.

Everything was fine until they let Keith Andrews's dad out of the care home.

It was a cracking goal and I remember him scoring another cracker right in front of where I was sitting at West Brom to salvage a last-minute 2-2 draw under Ince.

Doesn't mean he can play though - ask Steve Kean, and he's an excellent judge :o

He's currently only played 6 fewer games for us than he did for MK Dons... he would have overtaken it this season had it not been because of his injury and subsequent infection (his injury was made worse by Allardyce rushing him back). So if he's "not up to PL standard", how has he managed this? Surely if he is as bad as people make out (ie, worst ever player in PL/BRFC history, down to 10 before we start) Goulon, Linganzi, Basturk, Vogel, Formica or a player from the youth ranks would be infinitely better? and surely the men who signed these players would realise it??

I can think of ONE major error he has made that has cost us. I can think of plenty more good things he has done. For example, his performance when we beat Burnley at Ewood. The fact that he managed more PL goals in his debut season, in a struggling team, than a 6 million striker managed in his. Dropping in at centre half and full back... I could go on.

This sheep like abuse of him is really pathetic. He scores a 25 yard screamer against Italy, and all you get is "well he's still crap". If Kalinic scored a 2 yard tap in against Luxembourg, people would be claiming that is proof of him being world class.

Archived