BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

Did I want Sam gone? Yes, but in the summer.

ILLOGICAL IF HE HAD MATCHED OR IMPROVED ON THE PREVIOUS SEASON AND WHEN HE WAS SACKED WE WERE AHEAD OF THE PREVIOUS YEARS POINTS TOTAL.

Was I expecting an unknown Steve Kean to get the job? No. Nobody was expecting an unknown manager to be appointed.

WHY? WE'VE HAD 3 REALLY GOOD MANAGERS IN 20 YEARS. KMD, SPARKY AND ALLARDYCE, 2 HALF DECENT IN WOY AND SOUEY AND 3 POOR ONES IN RAY HARFORD, PAUL INCE AND NOW STEVE KEAN. IT MUST HAVE CROSSED YOUR MIND THAT WE HAD A BETTER THAN EVEN CHANCE OF GETTING A WORSE MANAGER WITH SO LITTLE FUNDING AVAILABLE? KMD, WOY, HUGHES AND QUITE LIKELY SOUEY WOULD HAVE TURNED US DOWN FLAT NOWADAYS. DONT TELL ME THIS DIDN'T OCCUR TO YOU COS I WONT BELIEVE IT WHEN HALF THE MESSAGEBOARD WERE SPELLING IT OUT REGULARLY?

WHEN ALLARDYCE WAS SACKED I WAS 90% SURE THAT WE WOULD WORSEN OUR SITUATION.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Venky's will support us in the Championship....yeah right. They've hardly supported us so far and their rediculous Kaka/Van Nistel Rooy/Ronaldinho attempts will be even more laughable than they are now.

Relegation would surely see th'injuns lowering their sights but following along similar thinking by making strenuous attempts to sign Steve Claridge and Mickey Quinn! :lol:

Gaining points and league position was not the issue with Sam was it, it was the style of play- which the vast majority on here wanted to see improve, now this does not= hiring a novice manager, there are a number of managers out there who could have done a good job here, Laudrup, Jol, Bilic, Ranieri, O Neill to name 5. To blame the fans for wanting to see better football is just as daft as some of the decisions Venkys have made.

Abbey time and again the question was posted on here 'If we get rid of Sam then

a.who do we replace him with who could do a better job with a small squad and very limited finaces. and

b.who would actually come to work under those constraints?

I could check back but I can't be bothered but to the best of my knowledge nobody came up with anything close to a viable suggestion. It was then obvious that we would have to settle for a much worse manager when Allardyce inevitably moved on. The fact that we actually moved him out for no good reason beggars belief. We are reaping what we sowed.

how did any "anti Sam" have ANYTHING to do with his sacking? F me if the chicken dippers sack someone because of something I've said then I'm shocked...hey Mr venky do you sort csA out as well....

how did any "anti Sam" have ANYTHING to do with his sacking? F me if the chicken dippers sack someone because of something I've said then I'm shocked...hey Mr venky do you sort csA out as well....

No doubt Anderson & Co would have used every possible objection and public opposition toward the manager in persuading the owners to get rid of Allardyce.

Gaining points and league position was not the issue with Sam was it, it was the style of play- which the vast majority on here wanted to see improve, now this does not= hiring a novice manager, there are a number of managers out there who could have done a good job here, Laudrup, Jol, Bilic, Ranieri, O Neill to name 5. To blame the fans for wanting to see better football is just as daft as some of the decisions Venkys have made.

Done a better job with no money to spend - how? Please explain.

There was one basic argument - could this squad play a more entertaining game under a different manager? Obvious what the answer to that is.

So they said gav ,abbs and wags want him gone and they said ok....

Seeing as it's all your fault can you send them a message saying you want Kean, Jensen and Anderson gone.

Tell them to stop making continual PR screw ups and to get JW back. And employ a tried and tested manager.

Make sure to sign it Gav, Abbs and Wags.

;)

And time, and time, and time, and time again people have tried to hammer it into certain peoples' heads that no one could have expected the style of play under Sam to get any better given the fact he had a negative transfer budget during his time here.

No Premier League manager in the last ten years (ie since money started making such a huge difference) has achieved sustained success on limited funds (ie finishing comfortably mid table or higher) in this league by playing football which has been remotely attractive. Hughes came the closest but even then throughout his reign we finished bottom of the fair play league, we were derided in the press for our style and as his reign went on and Tugays legs got worse/Bellamy left the style got worse too.

So yes, it's perfectly fair to criticise certain sections of the support to want Sam removed for failing to do what noone has ever done with the league the way it is currently in terms of wealth disparity etc. I have repeated this point time and time again, yet have never got a genuine reply to it.

Not as daft as thinking that we would see any of those within a million miles of the Ewood park managers office given our financial situation.

Done a better job with no money to spend - how? Please explain.

There was one basic argument - could this squad play a more entertaining game under a different manager? Obvious what the answer to that is.

Who said anything about money?those managers would have done a good job here with money to spend which is exactly what Venkys have said they would be providing Rovers, now if they were not going to do this then Sam was your man.

Serious question how many players in Blackpools team would get into ours? I would say very few, so our players are better than there's, they can play a better style of football, they are professional footballers!

Not as daft as thinking that we would see any of those within a million miles of the Ewood park managers office given our financial situation.

What financial situation? Nicko and now a fellow poster have confirmed Venkys have money and will be around regardless of division. When we survive this season I think we will be pleasantly surprised by who we sign...better than Benjani....

Also had one of the best managers in the league according to a number of posters so getting only good managers should be easy...

So yes, it's perfectly fair to criticise certain sections of the support to want Sam removed for failing to do what no one has ever done with the league the way it is currently in terms of wealth disparity etc. I have repeated this point time and time again, yet have never got a genuine reply to it.

You won't either. It now appears that they all only wanted Allardyce to walk gently away into the sunset this summer once we were completely safe from relegation and for him to be replaced by Gus Hiddink with Pepe Guardiola as his assistant. :rolleyes:

No doubt Anderson & Co would have used every possible objection and public opposition toward the manager in persuading the owners to get rid of Allardyce.

Have we not been told that Anderson tried to persuade the owners to let Allardyce stay?

At one time some of them were queueing up for the job.

Can I point out that opinion is that Steve Kean is a 'puppet'. A question for those people - How long do you think Allardyce would have put up with that scenario? Sam is nobody's man but his own and no way would he have stayed if he was stopped from doing things his way.

What financial situation? Nicko and now a fellow poster have confirmed Venkys have money and will be around regardless of division. When we survive this season I think we will be pleasantly surprised by who we sign...better than Benjani....

Nicko? The journalist who published a story saying Venky's finances would be stretched be relegation? Talking of fellow posters, what did you think of Kamy saying they'd be serious financial implications if we went down?

How can you sit there and type "When we survive this season ..."? We're bottom of the form table, got a nasty run-in and we've stayed out of the bottom 3 by the slenderest of margins. Where does your confidence come from?

You won't either. It now appears that they all only wanted Allardyce to walk gently away into the sunset this summer once we were completely safe from relegation and for him to be replaced by Gus Hiddink with Pepe Guardiola as his assistant. :rolleyes:

I think Sam would've gone of his own accord this summer.

Can I point out that opinion is that Steve Kean is a 'puppet'. A question for those people - How long do you think Allardyce would have put up with that scenario? Sam is nobody's man but his own and no way would he have stayed if he was stopped from doing things his way.

So they binned him and put someone in whom they could control?

So they said gav ,abbs and wags want him gone and they said ok....

You underestimate the power of the internet Abbey. JW etc spent time on here and surely you must remember how the juvenile opinions of a few snotty nosed kids on Facebook led to the appointment of Ince and damn near got us relegated?

47er wrote:The fans who wanted Sam sacked deserve it though.

I have to agree with the rest on this point yes we did not like the football Sam played & yes me included wanted Sam gone but as has been stated many times we would have been more than happy with either 'O Neill,Jol, someone experienced someone if the owners had got this right might have stood more of a chance of landing Ronaldinho/Fabiano/Requelme & that is the major problem it's all very well drawing up lists of superstar names anyone can do that unless you have a superstar manager to persuade those names to come to our club you will always struggle to get those sorts of players in.

Calvin is not wrong in what he says. Two years ago Newcastle went down and I laughed at them, because it was embarrasing.

They sacked Allardyce, spiralled, and a year and a half later got exactly what they deserved after appointing Keegan(what a pillock), Joe'Effing' Kinnear (WTF?) and then Alan Shearer( joke of an appointment).

Now its happening to us, and quite frankly if I was a fan of another team I would be laughing along too. The owners have treated good, honest, football men like dirt, and taken advice from a group of bloody football agents who know SFA!

This whole thing has been a shambles since the 13th of December.

The article is brash, and certainly makes difficult reading for any Rovers fan. The club as a whole don't deserve this, but the owners do :(

Horrible to have to admit but that post is so right.

Amd now the chickens are after van horseface a decade after he was at his peak. I guess he might be useful in the Championship if the defenders don't kick his suspect legs too hard.

And we wonder why the whole of football laughs at us?

Have we not been told that Anderson tried to persuade the owners to let Allardyce stay?

HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT COMES FROM THAT LOT?

At one time some of them were queueing up for the job.

WELL AT LEAST ONE WAS.... BUT ONLY UNTIL THEY FOUND OUT THE SCORE ON FUNDING I'D WAGER.

Who said anything about money?those managers would have done a good job here with money to spend which is exactly what Venkys have said they would be providing Rovers, now if they were not going to do this then Sam was your man.

Serious question how many players in Blackpools team would get into ours? I would say very few, so our players are better than there's, they can play a better style of football, they are professional footballers!

Also had one of the best managers in the league according to a number of posters so getting only good managers should be easy...

Trouble is Venkys are arsenal fans, theyre Gunner do this and Gunner do that, lets wait and see what they do and not what theyre Gunner do, were gunner sign Ronaldinho, Beckham, Kaka etc. were Gunner sign a manager with prem experience!! neednt go on really.

Look at the team, look at the teams around us, that fills me with confidence. Hoilett on fire, Jones coming back from injury, Jones looking like a genuine Box to box midfielder, I could go on. Being positive and being together as a team will help being unduly negative helps no one.

You underestimate the power of the internet Abbey. JW etc spent time on here and surely you must remember how the juvenile opinions of a few snotty nosed kids on Facebook led to the appointment of Ince and damn near got us relegated?

Well if the powers that be listen to q messageboard and Facebook then what weak minded people they are.

I don't agree that the fans who wanted Sam sacked deserved relegation.

But that's only because just being ignorant, no matter how earth shatteringly ignorant you might be, doesn't mean you deserve to have your team relegated.

Those who say "oh we would have wanted Bilic/Jol etc" are still missing the point. You only sack your manager if he's doing badly. Almost invariably teams who sack their managers are ones that are performing well below expectations. Can anyone name any Premier League team in the not too distant past who sacked their manager who was doing pretty well and came out well at the end of it?

Maybe City sacking Hughes and getting Mancini, but then that was backed up by vast amounts of money and one can argue that the improvement in Citys fortunes is more due to the fact theyve strengthened their team more since theyve had more transfer windows than the change in management personnel.

Those managers wouldn't have come, as has been said by many people, on top of which it would still have been a gamble to change manager with no good reason. There is no reason to believe that any of them, if they were to come here would have been more successful results wise, than Allardyce. Allardyce was successful at Bolton with money. Apart from which, you have now done a complete u turn, and apparently believe that Sam was the best man for the job under the circumstances at the time..

Archived